Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Specially when I have been getting sick of how some people in the GT fraternity carry on with pushing their adjendas and my cars better or more valuable than yours because its an XY thing etc
Quote:
EA FALCON....A 'BLOT' ON THE HISTORY OF FORD AUSTRALIA... (A CAR SO BAD SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED AN EA H@LDEN COMMONDORE)
Pot calling kettle black?

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #32
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That Is Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #33
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I work for a company and we are a HDT dealer. We just built our first VEVC HDT. It looks much better in real Life as you can see by the fact that 2 people on here have seen it in real life and like it. It is built by the same company that built the original HDT's so it is suppose to be a direct copy of the old ones. We have a original VC and a VE version side by side at work and the styling cues are perfect. They will also build a VK Group A in the same Formula Blue with white wheels that they had back than. This is in no way connected with Holden and infact they want nothing to do with it
Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #34
220XR8
Banned

If it was an FG ,with HO stripes on it , a Super Roo sticker, flimsy tin front and rear spoilers, and a shaker thru the bonnet would you like it more???
Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #35
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

just like the cobra - it does not suit
however it looks much worse than the cobra

it does suit most of what holden has released from the vy. most of the car looks ok on its own, but the front does not match the rear - or in this case the kit does not match the car
Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #36
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That white retro one actually looks ok.

The red VH retro one looks baddddd
especially the wind splitters and 2 buck grille.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #37
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!
Pot calling kettle black?
Typical answer from an EA owner.

Those cars were crap from day 1, and that is a FACT.

The first series EA's were total lemons.
Ask anyone who has had the serious displeasure of having to work on them professionally. I used to do EFI repairs on those rotten piles. The CFI system is utter rubbish and the electrics are a joke just for starters. I dreaded seeing those piles of puss pulling into our workshop, I would rather do injectors on a Nissan ZX series turbo V6 motor than work on those things.
And I am not the only person who beleives it either. Lots do.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #38
ELmoim

Looks better than AU 1/2 i'd buy one. Overall holden are marketing the right way, when people see this and like it they'll buy a v6 berlina in the hope of making it look like that (body kit/ huge rims) I liked the early model commodores. makes me want to buy one over the XT and i love fords.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #39
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

:

The 80's were bad enough then, why bring em back in 2008? That look does not suit the VE lines at all.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
Typical answer from an EA owner.

Those cars were crap from day 1, and that is a FACT.

The first series EA's were total lemons.
Ask anyone who has had the serious displeasure of having to work on them professionally. I used to do EFI repairs on those rotten piles. The CFI system is utter rubbish and the electrics are a joke just for starters. I dreaded seeing those piles of puss pulling into our workshop, I would rather do injectors on a Nissan ZX series turbo V6 motor than work on those things.
And I am not the only person who beleives it either. Lots do.
This ends here end of story. Back on topic
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #41
efgiar
rofl copter

i own an ea cpi 4sp wagon! and it looks better then that ve

thats all
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #42
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well, I quite like that. The VE's lines are reminiscent of the VC group 3 anyway, so it's almost a perfect match.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #43
AUsome
/////Alpine

I think it really doesn't suit the VE at all!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #44
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
I work for a company and we are a HDT dealer. We just built our first VEVC HDT. It looks much better in real Life as you can see by the fact that 2 people on here have seen it in real life and like it. It is built by the same company that built the original HDT's so it is suppose to be a direct copy of the old ones. We have a original VC and a VE version side by side at work and the styling cues are perfect. They will also build a VK Group A in the same Formula Blue with white wheels that they had back than. This is in no way connected with Holden and infact they want nothing to do with it

I can just imagine the conversation after the phone call at the HDT factory;
"Hey Bob", "Yeah"; "You know all that old leftover crap from the 80's that no one wanted and we were going to throw out on Mundie?", "Yeah"; "Well, you're not gonna believe this......."

Oh and BTW to the guy deriding the EA grow up; for no one here is necessarily pushing an AGENDA save for the tools that make sweeping generalisations designed to offend the masses through profile signatures.

Quote: