Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
paddy351
Ford Nut

Default Sa Drag Strip Public Rally

Here we go boy's and girls on March 10 -12pm at todd street Port Adelaide.This rally will give us south aussies a chance to show our suport and passion for a motorsport here in Adelaide.

To what i here there will be some big name racers at the rally like the Bray boys and Brett stevens and many speed shops around SA. Lets do it !!! :

paddy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Good timing this, as we are holding a test & tune on SAT 8th and then the Final round of the Tri-Series on SUN 9th in Whyalla, the first 2 rounds in Mildura & Coonawarra were great meetings and the Final here in Whyalla is going to be a great Weekend.

I will definately be driving down for the rally after the weekend, would be good to see a few of you guys come up and race on our Drag Strip.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
fmc351
let it burn

Awesome idea. Anyone who goes make sure youre on your best behaviour, remember why youre there, to get people who dont care about drag strips on your side. You wont do that by being anything other than model citizens.

I know most will do that anyway, but it only takes a few to ruin a great idea.

Good luck.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Awesome idea. Anyone who goes make sure youre on your best behaviour, remember why youre there, to get people who dont care about drag strips on your side. You wont do that by being anything other than model citizens.

I know most will do that anyway, but it only takes a few to ruin a great idea.

Good luck.

Well said bro, if your not interested in Drag Racing on a Drag Strip dont bother coming as this is something that us racers have been waiting a long time for and we want the best possible outcome from the day. Not footage on the News that night of people acting like clowns in there cars and when this track is built those clowns wont even be there.
Sorry about the negative attitude towards these members of society but i just dont like them and i want a 1/4 mile Drag Strip in my State, and an offer like this to build us a race track does happen every day.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
AusM
AusMotorsport

Funding is supposedly already offered guys, they just have to find a location...

http://performanceford.com.au/index....1437&Itemid=37
AusM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFdesign
Funding is supposedly already offered guys, they just have to find a location...

http://performanceford.com.au/index....1437&Itemid=37
Location is the real battle. Get the general public offside, and no council or government will let them build it due to public opinion, and future election prospects.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

but March 10 is a monday. Don't most people work then?
Edit: it's a holiday isn't it, damm they creep up fast sometimes.

Isn't it nice that it perfectly coincides with AFD the day before.

Last edited by BigAL_250; 20-02-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: duh!
BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
290v
290v

I believe that Mallala should be turned into a Motorsport park catering for everything its away from Adelaide and i am sure that The Mallala area council could do with some funding i am sick of the crap regarding Virginia there are to many hang-ups there lets move on get the Sporting Car Club and the Gov talking and build us a proper racing drag, drift and sprint car park.
290v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 12:55 AM   #9
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 290v
I believe that Mallala should be turned into a Motorsport park .
Yes a good locale, but pt wakfield would be better, it's just down the road but is a hub, with petrol stations and joins up the mid north ( iron triangle ) and the copper triangle.

this would allow many more to travel from many directions in the state.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #10
5L
[ 5L ]

i was talking to a guy at work tonight, he is into the drag scene, builds cars, family and friends are right into it aswell. a bloke that lives a couple of houses down has a top fueler and is part of the committee apparently there is a meeting to decide where it is in a couple of weeks.
ive been told they have a few locations in mind, i was suprised by one i was told, that was pelican point. that would be awesome for me. only about 500m away haha.

but yeah no point getting your hopes up, everytime i hear the drags will be back on such a date i was getting excited. now i will wait till it happens before i think about going.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #11
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8220
ive been told they have a few locations in mind, i was suprised by one i was told, that was pelican point. that would be awesome for me. only about 500m away haha.

but yeah no point getting your hopes up, everytime i hear the drags will be back on such a date i was getting excited. now i will wait till it happens before i think about going.
Yeah they mentioned in the first article in the Messenger (before it was in the advertiser) that that was one area they were looking at. That would be handy for me too, I could drive down the road to the track after work on saturdays lol..

As for getting our hopes up, it sounds a lot more promising than AIR opening its gates for drags again..

Paddy, who's organising the gathering? do they just want people or cars as well?
Old 22-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
paddy351
Ford Nut

I heard it from flic from SASMA , they only want people for the Rally . No vn's with stockies i hope .
paddy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
5L
[ 5L ]

not sure what the messenger said i dont think i got mine (some 14yr old is probably reading whats going on in my neighbourhood lol)

but was i right they they were thinking of building an all in one drag strip, boat racing, skid pan? if so the speedboat club have already got there grounds just near garden island plenty of land out there.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as reported by Performance Ford and the Advertiser on the 14th Feb.

‘There are plans for a $25 million sport racing complex in the North or Nth-western suburbs of Adelaide.
A consortium is looking for land, about 120ha are needed, to build a drag racing strip, speedway, race circuit, and jet boat racing, all at the one site.
They hope to have it up within 15 months.
It would also include a business park for supporting industries and could also be used as a driving school and concert venue.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #15
gngtho
Banned

im in..

you know what we need is for me to win the lotto then id build one smack bang in the midle of town hahahahahahahahahaha.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 12:37 AM   #16
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

anyone else get the sms going around about this gathering?
should be a few people there
Old 26-02-2008, 04:50 PM   #17
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Yes a good locale, but pt wakfield would be better, it's just down the road but is a hub, with petrol stations and joins up the mid north ( iron triangle ) and the copper triangle.

this would allow many more to travel from many directions in the state.
When you think about, Pt Wakefield would create a great central hub from most directions even including the Riverland as they will be able to stay out of City limits as well. It would however make it a bit harder from the South East though.

Another thing that is in Pt Wakefield's favour is that it is home to the first Australian F1 Grand prix to be held in SA as well.

Something else worth considering is that now that Mitsubishi is pulling out of Adelaide, they would have no real use for their proving ground at Tailem Bend now either.

I still don't know why this track was abandoned in the first place.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I recieved this SMS a few days ago, Its getting around.

If I'm not away for the long weekend, I'l be there.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #19
XW_GS
Paulie

Any feedback from this gathering?? any pics??

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
XW_GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post