Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default All Ford Day, Entry Fee!

Was at a club meeting last night and we were informed that the entry fee for next years Geelong AllFord day 2009 will be $30. If this is the case, It would convince me not to go due the queing up an lackl of shade it will be a no go show. Anyone think twice about it if this is true.

SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

There will still be a huge ORSM convoy heading down.

There were alot of problems with cars getting in last year and people still being let in after 12:00.

That was a joke, if your cars not there by the specific time then bad luck, come back next year. We had cars in our display who had to have there bonnets down neary all day cause of all the dust these late comers were making.

Not to fussed about the $30, most of the money goes to the Luekimia foundation anyway.

As for the lack of shade, just bring an umberalla or shade tent. Hopefully it won't be as hot this year.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

They have changed the way they do things for next year, with pre payment for clubs only so that should make things a LOT quicker. Checking to make sure everyone has the correct sticker is a lot easier than taking money, handing out forms etc.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

not in the state but how bout gettin in the queue bit earlier maybe?

help out good cause dont think bout the extra coin it costs, and cant you guys set up sun shades at the back of your stalls?

if not loby for them the be included.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav

help out good cause dont think bout the extra coin it costs, and cant you guys set up sun shades at the back of your stalls?

if not loby for them the be included.
It's not that, it's the clowns that get there late. It is held on a grass field and by the time half the cars are in there is dust flying everywhere, the drought doesn't help either.

So there you are with a nice clean polished car and a hero with his exhaust dumped at the diff goes past, revving his engine so everyone is impressed blowing dust and crap all over your ex clean car.

Annoying.
Old 20-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggav
All 25 cars from ORSM were there at 7:30 last year and we'll be there at that time next year.

We setup 2 shades last year. The organise allow for an area inside you zone to fit a shade.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

geez we get to our AFD at like 6am makes it a real long day by time you get home again.

and i agree on the dust thing maybe lobby the organisers to shut the gate and lock by the time but guessed you tried that already, who runs your show?

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you register before the day it is only $20, and on the day is $30 so get your club to check this out www.allfordday.org I do not think you have to be in a club to pre-register

A high entry fee on the day will hopefully stop people from treating the show like a car park!!! last year it was just as cheap to enter the show car area in your car as it was to park in the carpark and saved walking to the show area, plus this year everyone should per-enter and stay until a nominated time. We still have dust and dirt in the nooks and crannies from last year but at the end of the day the judges look past the dust and the money goes to charity. Although i do think that they should allow more time to get the cars in, they are only allowing 2 hours to get an estimated 1250 cars in and settled but i am guessing pre registration will help with this
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$30 is serious money, what do the punters pay to get in?

One thing that amazes me at these things is that it quite often costs a lot to enter your car and the punters either get in free or give a gold coin it sort of seems backwards for the entertainment to pay so much, I'm not saying the show cars shouldnt pay if nothing lest it helps short the weat form the chaff but $30.00 is an expencive parking spot for a car show

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i guess that is why it is best to pre-enter and only pay $20 and if you really want to you can always put it through as a donation when you do your tax- kiwanis is a charity
perhaps the extra cost will then act as an incentive to pre enter and make things run smoother on the day
Old 20-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
i guess that is why it is best to pre-enter and only pay $20
perhaps the extra cost will then act as an incentive to pre enter and make things run smoother on the day
I think it will get rid of some of the people who do just use it as a closer car park, it was ridiculous last year.

Plus in the grand scheme of things $30 (or $20 is you come with AFF) isn't a great deal and it does go to charity.
Old 24-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
if you register before the day it is only $20, and on the day is $30 so get your club to check this out www.allfordday.org I do not think you have to be in a club to pre-register

A high entry fee on the day will hopefully stop people from treating the show like a car park!!! last year it was just as cheap to enter the show car area in your car as it was to park in the carpark and saved walking to the show area, plus this year everyone should per-enter and stay until a nominated time. We still have dust and dirt in the nooks and crannies from last year but at the end of the day the judges look past the dust and the money goes to charity. Although i do think that they should allow more time to get the cars in, they are only allowing 2 hours to get an estimated 1250 cars in and settled but i am guessing pre registration will help with this
Thanks for that XR-ENVI

For those who don't know, I am on the Geelong AFD Committee, as head judge and all other things technical oriented.

What XR-ENVI has been saying is correct. Pre-registered entry is $20, the $30 entry is only for people who turn up on the day and it's purely to stop people using as a car park. I'd rather see 900 quality cars on the arena than 1200 everyday drivers.

We are aware that one of the main concerns is getting the cars into the arena in a timely fashion, hence the pre-registration to speed that process up. Also we are working with Deakin Uni to try to establish 2 rows of traffic entering the arena at the same time, hopefully this will become a reality. For those who think the gates should open earlier (6.45 or 7.00am) to get the eartly birds in please email to the Club on admin@allfordday.org.au , as this is an issue that I seem to be smacking my head against a brick wall to overcome, so I need all the support I can get!

On that note, I've heard of a few Melbourne based clubs who meet in Melbourne at 8.30am and some even 9am. Not sure how they expect to get there and get in in a timely fashion. The earlier the show cars get there the less public traffic they have to deal with. (Thats what cause huge hassles after about 9am)

Judging information is all up on the wesite too, just click on the Show cars & judging tab and use the links on the bottom of that page. Any further questions, feel free to ask me.

All the money does go to charity. Check out the KIWANIS Organisers tab on our website www.allfordday.org to see what the club is about and where the money goes. The club is 100% volunteer run and ALL the monies go to charity causes.
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #13
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know it's easy to criticise but anything would be better than last year's farce.My favorite bit was being made to crawl several hundred metres PAST the one entrance to the oval in 30 degree heat and then having to turn around and crawl back again because there is only one way onto the oval and too many cars trying to get in.
Hasn't the event kind of outgrown the venue by now?Surely there is another venue somewhere that can take that many cars,isn't a dustbowl and actually has more than one entrance/exit?Even the car park at the Ford factory would be better than the current paddock.
What I also really loved about last year was how my club's cars were all jammed together so tightly that you could barely get doors open yet a few metres away were clubs with less cars that almost had acreage and so much room that you could have driven a bus between the cars on display.Who decides how much room the clubs get?
The high entry fee just might backfire and this time the car park could end up having better cars than the show field.
Morexbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #14
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

I had my EA in last year and we had a meet point at 7.30. It was the best day i have had in quite a while. We were in and parked by 8.30 and had the bbq firing for breky.

Just be grateful that there is a body out there who organise's these event's for you.

If you don't like it, don't come. You won't be missed.

Just my 2c worth.

Adam.
Old 26-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #15
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs
The high entry fee just might backfire and this time the car park could end up having better cars than the show field.
I gather that if you pre-pay then the entry fee is still the same as last year
Old 16-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #16
TP351
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs
1. I know it's easy to criticise but anything would be better than last year's farce.My favorite bit was being made to crawl several hundred metres PAST the one entrance to the oval in 30 degree heat and then having to turn around and crawl back again because there is only one way onto the oval and too many cars trying to get in.

2. Hasn't the event kind of outgrown the venue by now?Surely there is another venue somewhere that can take that many cars,isn't a dustbowl and actually has more than one entrance/exit?Even the car park at the Ford factory would be better than the current paddock.

3. What I also really loved about last year was how my club's cars were all jammed together so tightly that you could barely get doors open yet a few metres away were clubs with less cars that almost had acreage and so much room that you could have driven a bus between the cars on display.Who decides how much room the clubs get?

4. The high entry fee just might backfire and this time the car park could end up having better cars than the show field.
1. Two entry gates will be used if Deakin let us do what we are proposing. The club areas will be zoned and your entry sticker will identify which lane/gate you go in. The big limitation is the pipe fence about 1/3 of the way down the field.

2. We have been searching for an alternate venue since we got shafted by Deakin last year, but to no avail at this time. I agree that Deakin is not ideal, but we have to work with what we have. We tried to get the use of the Ford carpark several years ago and Ford wanted nothing to do with it.

3. This is caused by some clubs being less than honest, booking for 50 cars when only 20 are planned to turn up. This will cease this year as cars MUST pre-register to get onto the club sites. If the club books for 20 and only 5 pre-register, their site will be reduced accordingly. The room is allocated by approx 6 sq metres per car.

[COLOR=Blue]4. The higher entry fee is ONLY for individuals who turn up on the day and aren't pre-registered. Hopefully eliminating them using the arena as a car park for their $h!tter.
THE ENTRY FEE FOR PRE-REGISTERED CARS IS $20, SAME AS THIS YEAR.
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post