Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
smally289
growing up is optional

Default dodgy ebay seller with cleveland parts

Ive been having a problem with a guy on evilbay. I bought an Edelbrock RPM Airgap manifold for my cleveland on Nov 30 and still have not recieved it.
I emailed him a week later and was told it was already posted. That was the last I heard from him, despite several emails asking where is it?
It is now in the hands of paypal, and he has until the 27th to respond to them. I noticed today that he is no longer a registered user on ebay - great!

*Username / location removed - this is under investigation.*

Last edited by wulos; 23-12-2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
au^dude
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dw you should get reimbursed by paypal.
au^dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2008, 10:33 PM   #3
smally289
growing up is optional

Sorry if I shouldn't have put the sellers ebay name, I thought it would be ok now that he is no longer a registered user.
Old 23-12-2008, 11:33 PM   #4
YoungFordFreak
Yamaha Rider

i my self am a ebay user alot. Before buying items on ebay check the users points. for example it will say User:FatBob(205) so if they have some good points you know they are trusted sellers. and also check there feedback score to see what comments people have left. Sorry to hear about it.
YoungFordFreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
smally289
growing up is optional

Funny thing is the ad stated that he had bought the manifold to use, but decided to go with a single plane instead, but 3 days later he listed and sold another identical one!
Anyone on here buy a RPM Airgap for a clevo on Dec 3rd??
Old 23-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where is this swine located, and do you have his address?
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
smally289
growing up is optional

I have a suburb, but thats it.
Old 24-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

i got done even worse. i sold a $475 phone to a new ebay registered user. he claimed he never received it, that week i posted over 1 dozen phones and this was the only problem i had. he was a 1st time user. paypal just took the money away from my account and basically told me tough luck. not happy jan!. i had the receipt for postage, the express post con number and a letter from aus post saying that parcel was scanned at my local post office and scanned at his local post office. all this was provided to paypal and they stilll didnt care.
Old 24-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

wow that is rough...

so paypal dont really investigate, just take the cash back off you?
Old 24-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
i got done even worse. i sold a $475 phone to a new ebay registered user. he claimed he never received it, that week i posted over 1 dozen phones and this was the only problem i had. he was a 1st time user. paypal just took the money away from my account and basically told me tough luck. not happy jan!. i had the receipt for postage, the express post con number and a letter from aus post saying that parcel was scanned at my local post office and scanned at his local post office. all this was provided to paypal and they stilll didnt care.

Thats really scary, so if you are a seller, the buyer just has to claim he didn't receive the item (even if he did) and he gets 100% money back? What a scam.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #11
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paypal is a great system for buyers, but I sell a lot more than I buy and it isn't good... Ebay owns Paypal, so they get my money for listing fees, then final value fees, then Paypal as well!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #12
smally289
growing up is optional

Well, nothing from the seller at all, so I guess I'm about to find out how good their protection really is ......
Old 28-12-2008, 03:08 PM   #13
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
there is obviously fraud involed on the part of the buyer report the fraud to the police and they will investigate (I assume you have the IMEI number) once you have a police report stating the item was delivered paypal must refund you. another option is you can report the phone as stolen and then have the IMEI blocked so the phone becomes unusable if the phone is in use the IMEI can be used to track the phone to the current user

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post