Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

Default She's gotta go :(

Hi guys

well i have slowly but surely lost interest in my focus, and dread spending money on it when it could go elsewhere....so i have put it up for sale

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11241585

mods feel free to delete if this is against forum guidelines.
if you have any questions feel free to contact me, or if you know of anyone get them to give me a call 0431 265 001

brad

TEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #2
Lanyi

I'll be honest, I am feeling much the same about my focus. I have enjoyed it so far, but to satisfy my interests, I would have to spend money on it that could be called a lost cause. As some people have said already, 'take the focus for what it is' - and i am not satifisfied with what it is.

Great little car for certain applications, and i might re-visit it in a good couple of years. But for now, need a good hard think about what I want to do with the car.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.
Lanyi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #3
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Well at least I now know I am not the only one lol

I've had mine 11 months and I am already sick of it......... Anyone want to swap a focus for a REAL car lol
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I found the Focus to be good in every way, just lacked the amount of power and grip that I wanted :(

I'm selling up for a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Mullett
Badly Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
I found the Focus to be good in every way, just lacked the amount of power and grip that I wanted :(

I'm selling up for a 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX.
I might not be far behind doing exactly the same thing...sure it's the same as everyone else...but they're popular because they're good And popular=cheap parts.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

If only the Focus had a turbo with 100kw more and was AWD.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2008, 11:53 PM   #7
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

yeah i know how you feel au_bullet. ive been looking for a new car for a few weeks now. basically to reduce the amount i pay on my loan....however trying to find a faster and nicer car for $17k has proven hard (not impossible....but i have some guidelines).

i test drove an 03 Astra SRi Turbo....black, sunroof, leather......147kw of very unresponsive power. after driving it i couldnt wait to get back into my tractor. at least it doesnt feel like it was going to fall appart on me.

ill probably still keep looking for a new car.....but for now ill put up with the lil tractor.

anyone got any car suggestions for up to $17k?

so far i have looked at skyrines, and mitsubishi Legnums.....not sold on the import idea though.
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXtremist
If only the Focus had a turbo with 100kw more and was AWD.
Well the turbo and the extra 100 kw bit is easy - it's called the XR5. Just get an ECU remap and an intake and you're looking at about 210 kw . As for the AWD, well its an advantage if you want to chase really big power, and obviously for wet weather handling, but it adds weight, and ultimately increases fuel consumption.

It seems that the dissatisfaction with your cars has arisen because they aren't performance-oriented enough for you? I know cost is a factor, but if you wanted a Focus that will put a big grin on your face every time you drive it, you should have bought an XR5 (going for as little as 25k second hand now).
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Shattered Brad. Such a nice looking car too, but I can understand where you're coming from. All I ever wanted was an XR5, but couldn't come anywhere near affording it, so settled from base model. Still aim to get an XR5 though.

Good luck with the sale mate, hope you get your asking price. (PS, you put me out of a job you bum!!! lol)

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
Mullett
Badly Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi
yeah i know how you feel au_bullet. ive been looking for a new car for a few weeks now. basically to reduce the amount i pay on my loan....however trying to find a faster and nicer car for $17k has proven hard (not impossible....but i have some guidelines).

i test drove an 03 Astra SRi Turbo....black, sunroof, leather......147kw of very unresponsive power. after driving it i couldnt wait to get back into my tractor. at least it doesnt feel like it was going to fall appart on me.

ill probably still keep looking for a new car.....but for now ill put up with the lil tractor.

so far i have looked at skyrines, and mitsubishi Legnums.....not sold on the import idea though.
For your budget, there's only one option: 2001 WRX. Going for well under 18k now, and there's nothing I can think of that offers the same package while still being reasonably new. Skylines are OK...if you like big, boaty things that do great skids (and if that's what you want...get a commodore). Exception being for the R32 and R34 GTRs...but they eat fuel and COST to maintain properly. I had an R33, and I've never been so dissatisfied, especially about such a hyped-up car. Silvias are nice, but they're getting old, or a 1995 BMW 325i (hard to find a manual, but worth it).

It really depends on your goals for a car.

Fuel consumption
Performance
What kind of driving turns you on
What you need (4 doors/boot/towbar/aircon/legroom/reliability/warranty)

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

All you Mk2 Focus owners, you're a boring old bunch. Or perhaps is the Mk2 a little boring?

Sorry couldn't resist. I'm yet to meet a MkI owner who felt the same. I kept mine for over 100,000km and 5 years and it still made me smile the day I sold it to photn. The MkI was so light, sharp and chuckable, something that the bigger, more economical, more powerful, more refined, cheaper, safer Mk2 seems to have lost somewhere amongst all the gains! It lost the one thing that really made me love the MkI - the innate connection to your thoughts that it knew what you were thinking and anticipated it before you even turned the wheel.

I for one am hunting down an ST170 for my collection.
Old 26-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #12
BlackLS
yum

I've had my LS for 3 years now and have done 150,000kms and despite the problems (self inflicted) I've yet to fix, I still love the car.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #13
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I don't know what is wrong with you people.... My ls focus is my first and only car. I've had it for over a year and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. I've got sooo many mod plans for it that i simply couldn't sell it until it is completed (and $100,000 less in the bank LOL).

Good luck with the sale. I know it will go to a very happy new focus owner.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #14
DragonMesh

I still love my focus, good to see im not the only one as far as performance goes i'm a pom and back in england i used to drive a 1.2 fiat punto.. yea it SUCKED!(i found a good place to keep it) back there you had to buy the top of the line focus to get the 2L version
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Puntoend.jpg (139.0 KB, 100 views)
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

LOL an ST170 towing a trailer. I thought I'd never see the day!!!!!
Old 26-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
DragonMesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
LOL an ST170 towing a trailer. I thought I'd never see the day!!!!!
yea i noticed that wondered if anyone would
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

It wouldn't slip past me!!
Old 13-12-2008, 01:04 AM   #18
want-a-XY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm in the same boat. got sick of my LS focus and am buying a BA XR6 cab chassis. manual, leather seats, premium sound, extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust. i decided you only live once so you might as well enjoy it

i just couldn't enjoy my focus as much as i was hoping... inline 6 growl here i come
want-a-XY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #19
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep...I know what you mean if I cant get that gear box trouble fixed over the holidays its going plus now it pulls to the left for no reason nothing was hit to put the alighnment out.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2008, 08:36 PM   #20
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyTDCi

How about a honda prelude,vti-r.I am considering selling mine,atts version cream leather seats,black leather side trim,sunroof,climate control,abs ,102 thousand k's on it.Love the car,but am getting a company car ....a corolla :(.