Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #1
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Looking at Purchasing a Zetec

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new Fiesta. I'm just curious to get some feedback.

Does anyone know if you can get leather in the 2009 Fiesta Zetec?
What are some of the typical fuel usuages (l/100km) for the lastest 2009 model?
Will there be another XR4?
Common problems, if any?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Dan

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Frozen White 3-Door Zetec. Only had it for just under a week now, but nothing bad to report. There is no option for leather on the WS Fiesta in Australia, it's a real shame we don't get the Titanium model (which in Europe comes with the 'Ford Power' push start, Option for leather, rain-sensing wipers and auto-headlights etc).

Currently my fuel usage (after 700km or so) is averaging at 6.1 L/100km (I reset it about 300km ago). Some people seem to be getting higher figures than mine, maybe I got a good one?

Ford keep saying the will not be an ST/XR4. Bulls^%t there won't. Give them two years or so and they will have a fast mini Fiesta. They can't not do one, because all other cars in the same range offer a go-fast version.

Hope this helps. Cheers Danny.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks. Thats really good figures considering it's still getting run in.....

When I was running in my current G6ET i was averaging 15l/100km. Now i'm only using 10.8l/100km. So I'd have to say it will only get better, especially if you run it in right.

Also what did you pick it up for, if you dont mind me asking? Any options?

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 25-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Dan there's no problems with the car, reverse can be stubborn during very cold mornings but that's just how the gearbox is you have to be pacient with it sometimes. I'm not getting as good fuel economy (not too far off) as Rapid but I live in a much colder more hilly and roughly roaded area. We are getting low/mid 6's with 70/30 highyway/town. Autos seem to be chewing the juice a fair bit more but that's expected
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got mine for $22,800 from Pacific Ford in Maroohydoore Qld. If your in Qld, that's the dealer to use. Nathan has a few 5-door Zetec in stock right now too. I could have gotten it chaper at a dealer in Brissie ($22,350 D/A) but they had the right colour, and didn't bulls*&t me which is worth more to me than a few hundred bucks.

I have the alloy pedals (exxy but VERy nice), Standard Floor mats, and also have the illuminated gear lever and scruff plates on their way. I'd love the 17inch alloys (check out Fiesty, a member here has one of the most sexyiest Zetec I've seen, a Black 5-Door with the 17inches and it look horn.

Get one. They are fantastic. I feel like I'm in a big car, that's small, is quiet, is smooth, refined, well built, refined, fun to drive, looks the tits and goes like the clakers! Not as fast as your G6ET though LOL!
Old 25-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Hi Dan there's no problems with the car, reverse can be stubborn during very cold mornings but that's just how the gearbox is you have to be pacient with it sometimes. I'm not getting as good fuel economy (not too far off) as Rapid but I live in a much colder more hilly and roughly roaded area. We are getting low/mid 6's with 70/30 highyway/town. Autos seem to be chewing the juice a fair bit more but that's expected
Thanks for that info.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 25-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Got mine for $22,800 from Pacific Ford in Maroohydoore Qld. If your in Qld, that's the dealer to use. Nathan has a few 5-door Zetec in stock right now too. I could have gotten it chaper at a dealer in Brissie ($22,350 D/A) but they had the right colour, and didn't bulls*&t me which is worth more to me than a few hundred bucks.

I have the alloy pedals (exxy but VERy nice), Standard Floor mats, and also have the illuminated gear lever and scruff plates on their way. I'd love the 17inch alloys (check out Fiesty, a member here has one of the most sexyiest Zetec I've seen, a Black 5-Door with the 17inches and it look horn.

Get one. They are fantastic. I feel like I'm in a big car, that's small, is quiet, is smooth, refined, well built, refined, fun to drive, looks the tits and goes like the clakers! Not as fast as your G6ET though LOL!
Is yours a manual?

I'm down in sunny melbourne...

you're on the money about the G6ET, not many cars on the road that are as quick as that!

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 25-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah mate, Drove an Auto for the sake of it (not an Auto person myself) and it did nothing for me. The manual is great is the Fiesta. Beautiful seemless feel to it, and a lovely change. My old one had issues with reverse, you'd have to double clutch it, and some are having issues with their new ones too, but I havn't had one issue with selecting reverse.
Old 25-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JutroXR8
Will there be another XR4?
Ford announced just in the last week or so that any plans for a new Fiesta ST (XR4 to us) have been shelved until at least 2012 from memory.

Add to that of course .... "If the car ever even makes it to Australia" and you may as well just go out and buy the Zetec.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the new XR4 to hit the showrooms here anytime soon, Ford Australia took 3 years of deliberation and procrastination before finally bringing the XR4 down under!

Last edited by robjh80; 25-06-2009 at 08:53 PM.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers,

thanks for all your help guys. I'll be heading out Saturday to sign up for one if the price is right!

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 26-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
doctamick

If your that desperate on more performance, you may want to consider getting the Zetec, and then getting the Mountune performance upgrade from the UK. This has already been posted on this forum... check out:
- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...light=mountune
- http://www.mountuneperformance.co.uk...=141&Itemid=58

From my short experience with the car (3000kms), the standard suspension setup with the 17inch wheels and a good set of tyres is pretty good. It would be nice if the stability control was switchable, though.

The extra 20hp and 20Nm or so would be fantastic and would probably bring it close to the old XR4's performance anyway. The Mountune upgrade is also approved by Ford UK, so it is likely to be pretty safe and reliable.
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #12
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctamick
If your that desperate on more performance, you may want to consider getting the Zetec, and then getting the Mountune performance upgrade from the UK. This has already been posted on this forum... check out:
- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...light=mountune
- http://www.mountuneperformance.co.uk...=141&Itemid=58

From my short experience with the car (3000kms), the standard suspension setup with the 17inch wheels and a good set of tyres is pretty good. It would be nice if the stability control was switchable, though.

The extra 20hp and 20Nm or so would be fantastic and would probably bring it close to the old XR4's performance anyway. The Mountune upgrade is also approved by Ford UK, so it is likely to be pretty safe and reliable.
Thanks mate. Yeah I don't think I'd ever look at modifying a new car that's under new car warranty.

I went to the dealer today, and had a look at one. Although they do look good, I'm just wary of the little amount of space there is for the back seaters. Also the boot space was tiny.

So I'm now convinced that the Focus is the go for me.

Again thanks for all your inputs!

Cheers,
Danny

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 28-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the boot is MASSIVE. There's more than enough room for a zebras head in the boot, not to mention the back seat fits the usual 2 and 1/4 children! Then again I've only ever had Fiestas. Keep looking at them man, they'll grow on you!
Old 28-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
Fiesta Girl

Wink

You forgot the two ammo clips in the glovebox and two smoke grenades in the cupholders. _2:
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctamick
If your that desperate on more performance, you may want to consider getting the Zetec, and then getting the Mountune performance upgrade from the UK.
Unfortunately the Mountune package costs nearly $4k in the UK alone plus extra cost for fitting by an "approved installer" ... of which there are non in Australia.

Mountune hold all the maps which are individually tuned to each customers car as they install the package, the maps are locked as well and cannot be installed or altered by just anyone.

Unless Mountune set up an approved installer in Australia (which is highly unlikely), it is absolutely impossible to have the Mountune package installed here in Oz.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #16
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
I think the boot is MASSIVE. There's more than enough room for a zebras head in the boot, not to mention the back seat fits the usual 2 and 1/4 children! Then again I've only ever had Fiestas. Keep looking at them man, they'll grow on you!
at zebras head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta Girl
You forgot the two ammo clips in the glovebox and two smoke grenades in the cupholders.

I have no issues with how they look. I think they look great. It's a great little car, but it's just a tad too small for me.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

Old 29-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, that's a fair call man. I'm so used to small cars now that I forget that there are people we need more space. If you can hold off the Aussie Focus is like two years away LOL? That'll be a hoot. A medium-ish car that's made in Australia, guilt free!
Old 30-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I know. Can't wait til then. The G6ET would have depreciated too much by then.

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.