Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-08-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Unhappy i GOT A PARKING TICKET TODAY . NOT FAIR

i got a ticket today . don't know how but i parked in fron of a police car . about 4 car lengths in front of it and behind a civilian car .i got out opened the doors for the kids to get out, i looked at the police car and noticed an officer in it then i went to the chemist. when i came back i drove away . then noticed a ticket on the widscreen . pulled over read it . it was a ticket for parking in a police zone $75. i drove back to have a look and i think i must have been towards the front of the zone. can't believe i done it . but what i'm spewing about is i did it in front of the police car . the cop could of beeped the horn or yelled out to me to get going . but instead hewaited till i was out of sight then got out booked me then drove off. you think he could of given me a warning ha. i went to the police station and told them that it was pretty dirty not to give me a warning . the officers there siad it was a bit below the belt but said it was up to the descression of the officer.

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You really don't know what the officer's reasoning was, its up to them to use discretion, and other than that, "thems the brakes"
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #3
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Sounds a bit rough, but thems the rules.

I guess next time don't park in a cop zone or watch out for cops.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had three in the last six months. I just don't pay.
Old 16-08-2005, 11:37 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
Soon enough you just won't have a licence either...
Old 16-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

mate ya gotta pay . it will come back and bite you on the bum like a great white shark.
i'n my case it was obvious i just made a mistake . no one in thier right mind would do that deliberately. you think the guy could've given me a break though.
Old 16-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
t2te50
Banned

thats pretty much what I was getting at forget about the highest calibare part, Thats the price you pay for standing out from the rest of the crowd.
t2te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:54 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
thats pretty much what I was getting at forget about the highest calibare part, Thats the price you pay for standing out from the rest of the crowd.
no i'm the bum of the family the wife drives the gt . i drive an el futura on gas and rack up about 700km per week . the gt gets driven by me on weekends and outings. :
Old 16-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #9
RS-RA
Street Racer

The minute the meter expires you've got a ticket !!! You have to watch it in Victoria. Friggin money hungry city councils... you wouldn't believe it but in NZL (the capital) meter parking tix cost $12, pay it early you only pay $10. In a non parking zone you get slapped $60 ! and yet you still get a couple of bucks back if you pay early. Maybe they should enforce such an idea here.

Last week I got done for overstaying in a 15min zone. $105 bucks later... I swear I was only 12mins.
RS-RA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:58 PM   #10
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLY6
Yeah, people have been sent to the slammer for not paying parking fines before (though probably more than three)
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #11
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Yeah, people have been sent to the slammer for not paying parking fines before (though probably more than three)
Dont worry about it, Pully is hard as, he will do the time standing on his head, laying on his back, bent over a chair and so forth.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #12
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Dont worry about it, Pully is hard as, he will do the time standing on his head, laying on his back, bent over a chair and so forth.
A few years ago, a guy died in jail. He was severely bashed. His crime? Not paying traffic infringements. If your life is only worth $68/$75/whatever the fine is, then don't pay. Mine's worth more than even the possibility of jail time, and/or cancelled license and registration.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 01:31 AM   #13
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And not just for non payment either....
I went into the city with a mate to see a lawyer about his divorce settlement and you cant believe how ****ed he was when we came back and found Brown Bomber writing ticket with meter expired by only 5 mins :yeees:
I said to BB 'come on mate give him a break' hes just lost $400,000.
BB says 'bad luck Ive already started writing'
Ron just lost it!!!FIVE MINUTES, FIVE F@%#ING MINUTES YOU PRI#@%
BB is starting to sh@# himself and writing faster, then Ron says (ILL SHOW YOU WHAT I THINK OF YOUR F#@%ING PARKING METER!!! He then gets into his 4WD, drives up on to the footpath and drives over the meter, BB stares with mouth open in disbelief as we drive off.
Not 10 mins later, cops everywhere, out:
Between legal fees,bail,fines,oh! and a new meter, that little episode cost him another $4500 and a good behaviour bond.

PS: His anger management meetings were successful,but I still worry about him sometimes :nutsycuck
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 01:37 AM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

F**k me I wouldnt blame him after losing $400000.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #15
gtfpv
GT

ooooooooooHHHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-08-2005, 07:04 AM   #16
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

I pulled up at the local shopping centre and stopped to get some cash from ATM. It was 5.00am and the only other car was a Plodmobile. there are 12 Taxi parks, and I parked in one (the rest were all empty). I walked 25 meters to the ATM. While there a "Lady" Officer walks out of the Police Beat Station and heads off towards her car. I get my cash and head to my car to find she is writing me a ticket. I said good morning, I hope you feel you have done a great service for the community writing this ticket out! Dumbas she was, just smirked all the time. I took the ticket, thanked her for her time and went that morning and payed it amid great song and dance about how these people expect us to recpect them, and they carry on like this! Wound up somehow getting written up as a story in the Local Paper. Made me feel a little better, still shouldn't have parked there but ing_sm .
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:18 AM   #17
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Lesson to all: Read signs, don't expect cops to not do their jobs, and grow up and pay your fines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:16 AM   #18
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it makes you feel better, when I was in the job I was working in the city for 3 months. On an arvo shift I had to park a workmate's car out on the street till there were enough parks under the building. I was literally 1 minute over the hour and had a ticket whith no grey ghost in sight. Must have looked funny a cop in uniform pulling a parking ticket off a normal car and swearing. We just split it and paid it. Even cops get nailed from time to time.
XA-Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:46 AM   #19
gozza

yeah well this instance takes the cake
i got a parking ticket and i was parked in my f#$%ing driveway
apparently the paved driveway extends over the footpath "perimeter" and even tho i couldn't have moved any closer to my garage door i still get a damn ticket
how bullsh!t is that
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #20
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by redebxr8
And not just for non payment either....
I went into the city with a mate to see a lawyer about his divorce settlement and you cant believe how ****ed he was when we came back and found Brown Bomber writing ticket with meter expired by only 5 mins :yeees:
I said to BB 'come on mate give him a break' hes just lost $400,000.
BB says 'bad luck Ive already started writing'
Ron just lost it!!!FIVE MINUTES, FIVE F@%#ING MINUTES YOU PRI#@%
BB is starting to sh@# himself and writing faster, then Ron says (ILL SHOW YOU WHAT I THINK OF YOUR F#@%ING PARKING METER!!! He then gets into his 4WD, drives up on to the footpath and drives over the meter, BB stares with mouth open in disbelief as we drive off.
Not 10 mins later, cops everywhere, out:
Between legal fees,bail,fines,oh! and a new meter, that little episode cost him another $4500 and a good behaviour bond.

PS: His anger management meetings were successful,but I still worry about him sometimes :nutsycuck
There are no excuses. If you park where you're not supposed to and it's signposted/painted on the road, or you park for longer than your meter (even if it's only 1 min) then suck it up, accept that you stuffed up and just pay. Seriously, I'm sick and tired of hearing my mates b*tching about their parking fines. I've never had one because I pay attention to where I'm parking and I put money in the meters.

Last edited by Sourbastard; 17-08-2005 at 06:17 PM. Reason: language
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:01 PM   #21
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Diddums.
Those are the rules, and sadly the cops choose to enforce 'em a bit too harshly, but they're still the rules.
Old 17-08-2005, 06:12 PM   #22
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Lol, remember he lives in Adelaide!!! Considering a parking fine is about 20 bucks, they're not going to launch any legal action until your unpaid fines amount to something with three 0's on the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
There are no excuses. If you park where you're not supposed to and it's signposted/painted on the road, or you park for longer than your meter (even if it's only 1 min) then suck it up, accept that you stuffed up and just pay. Seriously, I'm sick and tired of hearing my mates b*tching about their parking fines. I've never had one because I pay attention to where I'm parking and I put money in the meters.
Geez, give him a break - the bloke just lost $400k (yet another shred to add to the pile of evidence suggesting all women are evil). I admit, sounds like he went psycho but i imagine i would too.

FPV, sounds like you were plain unlucky, lol. Sounds like you've got a bit of a sense of humour about it - that's the spirit i reckon.

Tell ya what tho, if i didnt know better i'd say i was at the high-horse pony club reading through this lot!

Last edited by 4.9 EF Futura; 17-08-2005 at 06:26 PM.
4.9 EF Futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #23
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
You post has been edited for two reasons.
1. No need to call anyone names.
2. Unless you have gone through a divorce, you have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #24
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
You post has been edited for two reasons.
1. No need to call anyone names.
2. Unless you have gone through a divorce, you have absolutely no idea what you are on about.
Everyone has had crappy things happen in their lives. Everyone. That gives no one an excuse to deliberately damage public property and endanger the safety of anyone in the vacinity.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 07:30 PM   #25
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to put you in the picture,
In the months prior to his little brainsnap.
1 She used up all the credit on his visa card and he was liable for it.
2 He lost his job due to the stress of worrying about her wanting to hang out with her 'friends' (read lovers)
3 Sold the new car he had bought her and pocketed the cash.
4 He found out that she was having an affair with the guy who was best man at their wedding.
5 Last straw was coming home from work to find his house "completely stripped bare (the skank didnt even leave him a knife, fork or a canopener)
6 Took off with current lover,went interstate and changed her name so he couldnt find her, then skinned him in the divorce courts as well.
He was like a ticking bomb and unfortunately brown bomber just flicked the switch.
So glad I was there to drag him off BB and no, I do not write this to make excuses for his actions but if youve ever seen a movie called "Falling Down"
( I think Michael Douglas was in it) maybe you will understand some of what he was feeling at the time.
This was over 10yrs ago and he still doesnt trust women, it was all pretty sad really, he is still one of my best mates and after everything weve seen each other go through during the time weve known one another, thats the way it will stay. :
Guess Greg Murphys not the only one sometimes :yeees:

Last edited by RegSpec; 17-08-2005 at 07:37 PM.
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:38 PM   #26
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At work out the back we have some free parking spaces. Gotta get in early to get a free park. Once they are full, gotta go and pay $4.50 at pay parking. Anyway, every day, the same people come in and park on the big sign that says "No Parking" its there because its a part of the turning circles for the trucks for the dock. Anyway, these people come and go as they like, and just park on the no parking area. I hate smug people. Easy way to fix them, I rang the parking inspectors. next day half a dozen cars got booked. I made no secrets it was me. I feel so much better now. But they don't love me no more :

Also found out that cars we can't see were parking on the kerb in front of the dock. In disabled spot, and no they arn't disabled and they don't have the disabled pass on their cars.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:48 PM   #27
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
yeah i said that for 20 years just wait till you slip up accidentaly one day and don't affect anyone or inconveniance anyone by doing so and you get a ticket . and see if you feel like justice has been served.i'm accepting i done the wrong thing . but if the cop new that my daughter was in hospital the night before with asthma and my son had just been to the doctors and i was pulling up to go to the chemist . i think he could ubnderstand that i'm not impressed with him keeping the criminals : ie : me at bay today
Old 17-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #28
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Its just another arm of the governments stealth tax revenue raising division. Far as I'm concerned its theft and I have absolutely no time for them. Parking inspectors, councils and I have had a number of run ins with the score being about 50/50. If its a council ticket, I challenge it.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm ive never had a parking fine. Hopefully never will too.

As for that guy goin losing it. While not the best thing to do i wouldnt blame him either. Everyone has their limit to what they can take and thats it. I mean after $400000 plus whatever $4500 would mean little to me after everything has gone to the s**tter.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #30
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Its just another arm of the governments stealth tax revenue raising division. Far as I'm concerned its theft and I have absolutely no time for them. Parking inspectors, councils and I have had a number of run ins with the score being about 50/50. If its a council ticket, I challenge it.
I disagree .. it's not stealth any more.
XA-Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post