Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default knee muscle pains !

I have been to the docs about 2 months ago, and plan on going again this week. I have been getting pain (uncomfortable pain, when leaving my leg in a bent position for too long, ie; driving a car, sitting at the computer(ahuh!)

I was sitting on my forklift at my old job, and got the biggest cramp in my leg in my life! and i was stuck with a cramp and couldn't get out of the forklift for sometime,

This has been an issue for 4 or so months, and its never really got to me because i was taking anti-inflammatry, and putting on some deep heat, but only seem's like temporary relief and comes back again.

for 4 months on going, would this seem unusual, the last few days has got worse, and as im driving a bit i cannot keep my leg in the same position for too long, and there's not many positions you can put your leg in, in a car!

lifes a struggle, as i can't do any excersize, going up and down stairs is a problem, and generally anything else that require pressure on my knee. my girlfriend thinks its a joke, or its not as worse as i'm making it out to be, but its only getting worse.

anyone had this injury(similar symptoms), any advice?

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

You should consult a Doctor - however try arthritis, as a possibility.

You could try Glucosamine (shark cartilage). If it works it'll take a bout 6 weeks to have any effect.
It's a sugar so don't worry about side effects.
Basically how it works is id the glucosamine is absorbed by the gut and during this process it is converted to the protein necessary for the production of cartilage.
As I said, consult a Doctor.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

why do you have this pain. is there something that has caused it. if not, maybe check with a physio. you may need orthotics (inner sole type things that go in your shoes) to align your legs properly

this might be a really dumb question, but have you exercised it, with some unweighted leg extentions. bending and straightening the knee might help

years ago, while roller skating, i tapped mine on the wall. some leg extentions do help and also orthotics do as well. before the orthotics i would have some trouble walking up and down stairs. bear in mind that when sitting your hips, knees and ankles may not be aligned and that can cause some problems. alignment is particarly important when standing and weight is on those joints. from my own experience, it is something that you do not notice until the pain starts. it is not really gradual. it doesn't hurt one day and suddenly the next it does
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try osteopaths physio and alternative healers before surgery
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

If the doc's still not 100% it'd try a physio because they theoretically specialize in movement etc.

May just be a simple exercise plan to get things moving and flowing........
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #6
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a very similar issue with both knees, having recently seen the doc he recommended surgery on both knees. My diagnosis is arthritis but that simply means joint pains. I was told it cant be stopped but it can be slowed down, so try and strengthen up the muscles around your knees.

See the doc and also get a second opinion, in my case im seeing another doctor soon to see if there is another way, surgery for me isnt an issue as ive been down that path before. The extended recovery period off my feet is however so i'd rather go down another path if i can. Good luck with it i wish you well.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post