Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #1
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Default V8 Supercar/ custom front bar for AU

As above can anyone point me towards a supplier of V8supercar style front bars? Ive seen a few cars with em in pics but never in real life.

Most places ive contacted only make TS50 kits.

T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

AWC do a bar called Falcon AU Race XR, but they don't have pics on their site. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's commonly referred to as an "R-Spec" bar. SSV in Sydney sell them, as do Sillins Special Vehicles in Adelaide. But I am guessing that AWC are the manufacturers for both of these suppliers, so give them a ring first.

SSV R-Spec Bar

AWC Race bar
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT

Last edited by JC; 16-08-2005 at 10:59 PM.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

yeh I emailed AWC about that, was the first thing i noticed in the falcon range, too bad theres no pics.

Ah, k just looked at teh SSV ones.

Looks good.

Too bad noone sells anyting like it in Melbourne, i imagine freight will be a .

Thanks
Old 16-08-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
EFFalcon
Last warning

freights not that bad ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I believe that there is a deal on freight for AUFalcon. com members. Ring AWC first to check, then join AUFalcon . com
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 17-08-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
EvilChief
Boost Addict

they are called the Rspec bars ... SSV is pretty good, got a complete kit shipped to NQ for 150 bucks
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #7
EFFalcon
Last warning

may i ask why you want an v8 supercar style bumper.
i understand u want to use this for drifting with a turbo on the side...
from what i can see, the hole on the front bar isnt exactly big?
Old 17-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yeh itll have to be custom.

Donno how bodykits are made but i imagine they can cut the air dam to be bigger. Failing that i can get em to modify one of their own molds or something, still waiting on a reply so ill see how it goes.

Im not planning to run sky-high boost and ive got a pretty big turbo so i dont anticipate heatsoak of intake to be too much of a problem.

The heat wont be an issue since ill have two massive bonnet vents similar to the D1 Garage silvias.
Old 17-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #9
XplodE
Smashed Gecko Racing

Sillins Special Vehicles in adelaide make the race speck kits, my uncle had one on his xr6 before he sold it a couple of yers ago...

You will probably find them cheaper then SSV too...
XplodE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #10
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

1 Like this??

I brought mine from a shop in CQ, and I believe it to be a SSV supplied unit.
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

SSV may supply them, but pretty sure it's AWC that make em.

Old 17-08-2005, 09:50 PM   #12
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
1 Like this??

I brought mine from a shop in CQ, and I believe it to be a SSV supplied unit.

Thats exactly what im looking for. Only with much fatter skirts and a bigger rear bar. A bigger front lip and bigger air dam too.
Old 17-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #13
MrAUII

do you have a pic of the rear bar please terror?
Old 17-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #14
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

I want soemthing with a massive lip, closest example i can think of is the Blitz R34 sedan.

Arent many pics of rear but you get the drift (lol) of what i mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_IMG_0263.jpg (38.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IABOkBlitzSl.jpg (16.3 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg post-35-1109338537.jpg (77.1 KB, 79 views)
Old 17-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #15
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

why, oh why oh why??

do you REALLY need a bodykit like that to drift?
only good use for a kit like that is up in the snow...............

T terror... what ya got under the hood, sounds nice from what i read??

Cheers
Rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #16
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

haha yeh is pretty extreme.

Most Falcodores on the roads are pretty subtle visually which sucks in my view. If it goes hard it should look the part too. I always liked the Jap look, but i drive a Ford

And yes you need an extreme bodykit to drift. Makes it look like you are "sweeping" the track lol.

Nothing special under the hood. Getting a fresher engine slapping my turbo gear on it which has been sitting and waiting for the last 12months, may end up using a custom intake as BBM isnt suitable for my needs.
The fun will be with the screamer pipe exiting uner the drivers seat, at full tilt will be so loud youre ears will pop heh.

By the time everythings sorted id consider doing a rebuild to a de-stroked 3.3 heh just for something new. Noone can say they wouldnt like to hear a Falcon 6 screaming at 8000rpm.

Sounds like a lot but isnt when you do a bit of research.
Old 18-08-2005, 12:46 AM   #17
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

ok, i may be recently new to this, but i have an opinion and im sure its failry valid..

a. if you wanted to drift, buy a 180 or silvia, its 500 kgs lighter, has better throttle response then a 4L with a big turbo, and is much easier to man hadle sideways around a track.

b.assuming you can get a 4L sohc 6 to rev to 8000 rpm, and even if you can, and it lasts more then one lap, your doin better then most workshps in aust.

c. with such a big turbo, you had better have a good manual close ratio box to hold boost whilst drifting through corners, otherwise why waste your time.

d. if you like the jap look, purchase a jap car, evidently every 2nd post on just about every aussie car site forum is about how ricey a ford/holden looks when a jap look is incorporated into an australian car.

and last but not least....

e. be realistic, anyone with enough money to transform an AU into a drift monster, would also have the research to realise that, if i spend A on an AU all i will get B results, however if i spend A on an S15 silvia, i will get C results, thus proving in the first point that they actually really do have the money to do as they say...

ok, now before you think im an idiot, im probablyu closer to your position then you think, i also own an AU, and i also have a big turbo/front mount/injectors/external wastegate sittin in my room, but im not going o talk about how i want to drift it, nor how i like the look of jap cars but own a ford.

im proud to say i own a ford, and im more then proud to say im australian. if thats what you like, its upto you, but dont wate peoples time, im sure alot of people here have very much the intelligence/tiem to build a good drift AU 6 cyl, it may be 1140 pm, and its more the likely that im sick of reading posts like this that is makign me respond, but im sure more people thik this way.

anyway thats just my thoughts, sorry if i shut you down or whatever, just be realistic, you cant drift a 1700kg car. not without spending more then the average income of an australian citizen on it first to even get close to a jap car. why even try ?
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 01:04 AM   #18
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by borry
b.assuming you can get a 4L sohc 6 to rev to 8000 rpm, and even if you can, and it lasts more then one lap, your doin better then most workshps in aust.

he said 3.3... ala the early EA (3.2)
would rev much happier without the long stroke.
Old 18-08-2005, 01:05 AM   #19
EFFalcon
Last warning

btw: there is also an n/a EA that does a few drift rounds, not to mention the amount of commodores that do it (not neccesarily good though)
Old 18-08-2005, 08:08 AM   #20
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
btw: there is also an n/a EA that does a few drift rounds, not to mention the amount of commodores that do it (not neccesarily good though)
im not saying there arent any aust cars drifting, there are alot im sure. capa have a 1000rwhp drift ute ? ( correct me if im wrong, for some reason this just springs to mind )

im not saying it cant be done, it very much can, but to do it well there is a HUGE expense in taking a heavy car and trying to make it light, other then spending less on a lighter car for far better results.
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #21
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by borry
ok, i may be recently new to this, but i have an opinion and im sure its failry valid..

a. if you wanted to drift, buy a 180 or silvia, its 500 kgs lighter, has better throttle response then a 4L with a big turbo, and is much easier to man hadle sideways around a track.

c. with such a big turbo, you had better have a good manual close ratio box to hold boost whilst drifting through corners, otherwise why waste your time.

d. if you like the jap look, purchase a jap car, evidently every 2nd post on just about every aussie car site forum is about how ricey a ford/holden looks when a jap look is incorporated into an australian car.

and last but not least....

e. be realistic, anyone with enough money to transform an AU into a drift monster, would also have the research to realise that, if i spend A on an AU all i will get B results, however if i spend A on an S15 silvia, i will get C results, thus proving in the first point that they actually really do have the money to do as they say...

ok, now before you think im an idiot, im probablyu closer to your position then you think, i also own an AU, and i also have a big turbo/front mount/injectors/external wastegate sittin in my room, but im not going o talk about how i want to drift it, nor how i like the look of jap cars but own a ford.

im proud to say i own a ford, and im more then proud to say im australian. if thats what you like, its upto you, but dont wate peoples time, im sure alot of people here have very much the intelligence/tiem to build a good drift AU 6 cyl, it may be 1140 pm, and its more the likely that im sick of reading posts like this that is makign me respond, but im sure more people thik this way.

anyway thats just my thoughts, sorry if i shut you down or whatever, just be realistic, you cant drift a 1700kg car. not without spending more then the average income of an australian citizen on it first to even get close to a jap car. why even try ?

Youre opinion is appreciated and valid.

ill answer your points in whatever order.

buying a silvia instead- sure i could do that, but that would be too easy wouldnt it hehe. Silvias arent 500kg lighter more like 300, put a decent sized turbo on and they dont have good throttle response either.

as EFFALCON said, 3.3 was just an idea.

big turbo- no you dont need close ratio box, 4litres will spool it pretty damn quick = wied power band and plenty of torque

the jap look- not too worried what others think, people who drive jap cars think aussie cars are crap and people who drive aussie cars think jap cars are gay.
im not one eyed and enjoy all kinds of cars, dont care where its from just what it does.

money- im not planning on a factory level race car, it is based on an ex-taxi body after all. S15s start at $25,000 i bought my car for a lot less than that. If you plan it out then you dont need to spend big dollars on catalogue parts.

im also proud to drive a ford, ive owned 3 generations of them.
Sorry to hear ive wasted youre time.

I think youre missing the point, i want a car for some fun and drifting is one way of having fun. Im not just talking about it, im doing it thats why im asking questions about products. Thats great that you have a turbo in your room, use it! If i had more money before i would have too. Now i do and i am.

There are some people that say it cant be done and some people who go out and do it. Im going to go and have a go, and have fun while doing it.

Hope that explains my position. Each to their own.
Old 18-08-2005, 06:56 PM   #22
|2aebird
Resident Volvo Driver

AWC has informed me that they have discontinued this line, not sure as to reasons but i would assume it has to do with copyrights or whatever...
|2aebird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 07:22 PM   #23
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Was just about to post this.
They dont have the molds anymore apparently. Wonder why.

Anyway heres a pic of the rear bumper of the Race XR kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1182.jpg (53.5 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by T_Terror; 18-08-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 18-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #24
xr8chaser245

i know that a place in SYDNEY called KING BODY KITS do them as im looking at getting one for mine. As for price from memory around 600 dont quote me on that,in peakhurst i think?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #25
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Looks like theres a few people interested.

Maybe we should look at doing a group buy?

1800 for an unpainted full kit makes me hesitate.