Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Bf pursuit ?

Hew guys ,Im looking at taking advantage of the the tax scheme for commercials vechicles . What im unshore of do these commercials need to be 09 built vechicles . An if possible could i still buy a bf super pursuit or pursuit that is still considerded brand new .

snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

09 is FG obviously, so you would be damn lucky to find a BF that has not had private rego now. Therefore next to no chance of finding one that could be considered brand new.

Do ex demo cars qualify as new for tax purposes?
Old 21-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Do ex demo cars qualify as new for tax purposes?
Im studying accounting but im not sure, I never thought of that. I will have to check tomorrow
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
Im studying accounting but im not sure, I never thought of that. I will have to check tomorrow
That would be great i have managed to find one a couple with next to no k's , but none i would consider brand new .
Old 21-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

they do when taking out a novated lease but for the government rebate im not sure
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Nah.. To get the 50% investment allowance the car must be new, or an undriven demo, that is one sitting in the yard with minimal kms. If the dealership has registered teh car and depreciated it themselves then you can't claim the 50% investment allowance.

The last of the BFII unregistered pursuits went about May this year, Bryan Byrt Ford had the last of them..

Get yourself a GS ute...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
GavL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, dealership demos are eligible, but only if they've been used for up to 3 months (so a BF would be too old) and a few other conditions. Its all on the ATO site
http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con....htm&page=4&H4

BAII XR6 in SHOCKWAVE
5SP Manual | Sports Leather Seats | Premium Sound | Dual Zone Climate Control | Sunroof | Reverse Sensors | 18" XR8 Wheels | XR6T Exhaust | Lowered | XR6T Intake | GT Steering Wheel

AUIII XR8 in NAROOMA BLUE
Info to come soon!

Last edited by GavL; 21-09-2009 at 09:53 PM.
GavL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavL
Yes, dealership demos are eligible, but only if they've been used for up to 3 months (so a BF would be too old) and a few other conditions. Its all on the ATO site
http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/con....htm&page=4&H4

Not good , so basically it would have to be unregisterd and there be slim to no chance of that .
Old 21-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #9
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Nah.. To get the 50% investment allowance the car must be new, or an undriven demo, that is one sitting in the yard with minimal kms. If the dealership has registered teh car and depreciated it themselves then you can't claim the 50% investment allowance.

The last of the BFII unregistered pursuits went about May this year, Bryan Byrt Ford had the last of them..

Get yourself a GS ute...

I wish i could , but unfortunately fg utes do nothing for me
Old 21-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I wish i could , but unfortunately fg utes do nothing for me
Maybe you need to spend some time with one.. Once uve had one u never go back, and theres a few of us that will back that up now!
Old 21-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe you need to spend some time with one.. Once uve had one u never go back, and theres a few of us that will back that up now!
Maybe your right , i do like the interior and i have heard the drive well . But spending the best part of 60k on somthing i personally dont like the look of is just not a option. An it been almost 12 months plenty of time to grow on me and it just has not happend
Old 21-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey snappy

i bought a 09 caprice and 09 FG XR8, with this tax benefit in mind, demo's can be claimed on still, we're about to get all our reports back from our accountant next week, so i'll only then find out how much we really saved, although once all worked out, it's not as huge as some of the ads make it out to be, or thats my understanding anyway

Scotty

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
AzuR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuR
Hey snappy

i bought a 09 caprice and 09 FG XR8, with this tax benefit in mind, demo's can be claimed on still, we're about to get all our reports back from our accountant next week, so i'll only then find out how much we really saved, although once all worked out, it's not as huge as some of the ads make it out to be, or thats my understanding anyway

Scotty

Well you only save 30% of the 50%...

So if you buy a Car for 50 kay EX GST / on roads you save the following.

$50,000 x 50% = $25,000 Investment Allowance x 30% Company Tax Rate = $7500 in company tax plus the depreciation on top.

Its alright as you can even carry forward the loss to following year if your business doesnt make a profit, but yeh its not like your getting 50% back in the bank!
Old 21-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe your right , i do like the interior and i have heard the drive well . But spending the best part of 60k on somthing i personally dont like the look of is just not a option. An it been almost 12 months plenty of time to grow on me and it just has not happend
They grow on you.. Id definately go have a look at FG GS ute.. Go drive it, you will buy it!
Old 21-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #15
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the 50% really that important. It is a tax deduction not a discount and all it means is that you bring it forward.

I suspect a BF2 Pursuit or SP with the standard GST refund and depreciation will cost you less actual money than a FG Pursuit or SP with the 50%
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They grow on you.. Id definately go have a look at FG GS ute.. Go drive it, you will buy it!
I have had a look , well not a gs but it is just a xr8 with stickers.
I dont want to buy a ute in the hope it will grow on me , Or finally convince myself it looks good , When the ba arrived i had to have it i loved it .
It was on my brain 24/7.
Sorry mate for me its a bf or i just keep the one i have . An if the figures really do benefit me buying a new rig knowing i cant buy a bf my next choice would be a hilux or d-max
Old 21-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #17
AzuR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well you only save 30% of the 50%...

So if you buy a Car for 50 kay EX GST / on roads you save the following.

$50,000 x 50% = $25,000 Investment Allowance x 30% Company Tax Rate = $7500 in company tax plus the depreciation on top.

Its alright as you can even carry forward the loss to following year if your business doesnt make a profit, but yeh its not like your getting 50% back in the bank!

Yer thats the one, i'm when it comes to this, but accountant explained it something like that, about $6000 claimable on the FG and $8000 on the Caprice, all helps with the looming tax bill

Hey snappy get into a FG ;) youll love it

All 20th Ann extras

: |||Mods To Date - Lowered all Round on Walkinshaw Springs. More to come . Tuned by ?????- Power - . ||| :

|Hers| 2009 LV XR5 Turbo in Silhouette
AzuR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have had a look , well not a gs but it is just a xr8 with stickers.
I dont want to buy a ute in the hope it will grow on me , Or finally convince myself it looks good , When the ba arrived i had to have it i loved it .
It was on my brain 24/7.
Sorry mate for me its a bf or i just keep the one i have . An if the figures really do benefit me buying a new rig knowing i cant buy a bf my next choice would be a hilux or d-max
A GS is more then just an XR8 with stickers.. it actually has the boss 315 with a lower rev limit.

But if you dont like it, dont buy it!
Old 21-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #19
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Is the 50% really that important. It is a tax deduction not a discount and all it means is that you bring it forward.

I suspect a BF2 Pursuit or SP with the standard GST refund and depreciation will cost you less actual money than a FG Pursuit or SP with the 50%
yes it the deduction im after , i cant depicate my ba 2 ute anymore thats why ive been spending dollars on the tray . But with a bf 2 i could put my tray on it carry my mods over , and depriciate it the ute by 50% it would be a winner for me .
Yeah boys the fg's are great but not everyone's cup of tea . I probly would do it if the coyote was under the hood but by that time the tax deal will be done and dusted.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #20
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
A GS is more then just an XR8 with stickers.. it actually has the boss 315 with a lower rev limit.

But if you dont like it, dont buy it!

I dont intend to , and i was refering to the looks (xr8) An at the end of the day it still slower then my ba 2
Old 21-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #21
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yes it the deduction im after , i cant depicate my ba 2 ute anymore thats why ive been spending dollars on the tray . But with a bf 2 i could put my tray on it carry my mods over , and depriciate it the ute by 50% it would be a winner for me .
Yeah boys the fg's are great but not everyone's cup of tea . I probly would do it if the coyote was under the hood but by that time the tax deal will be done and dusted.
Do the rounds, as in let your fingers do the walking.

Ring every FPV/Ford dealer in Australia and ask, I know there is a brand new BF2 F6 sedan here in Hervey Vegas so you never know what is lurking at the smaller bush dealerships.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There could be a dealer owned cobra ute out there too.. u never know some dealerships kept them in hope they would go up!

Is that F6 Red Flap?
Old 21-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #23
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There could be a dealer owned cobra ute out there too.. u never know some dealerships kept them in hope they would go up!

Is that F6 Red Flap?
No mate, dark grey, not EGO the other one.
Old 21-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #24
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:

That was my thinking too. Perhaps there are people out there that believe they're getting $25k back on a $50k purchase.

I know a few guys I work with that went from company car to privately owned vehicle were shocked when their depreciation and running costs was a deduction and not a credit. They were expecting their running costs back in full instead of being claimed only as a tax deduction.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 11:21 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No mate, dark grey, not EGO the other one.
Silk..
Old 22-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
Thornie
Off smelting

I've seen a super pursuit for sale and tropical ford in rockhampton thats still branded as new, Believe it is an ex-demo that they are having trouble moving. Not sure if it's been sold yet.
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
I've seen a super pursuit for sale and tropical ford in rockhampton thats still branded as new, Believe it is an ex-demo that they are having trouble moving. Not sure if it's been sold yet.
Is it yellow?
Old 22-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
Yeah yellow one its been there for ages awesome ute brembos looked at it a few times but its a bit more of an outlay then my au lol.
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm58
Yeah yellow one its been there for ages awesome ute brembos looked at it a few times but its a bit more of an outlay then my au lol.
Its too old to get the 50% on it, and its only a Pursuit, not a super..

Plus the colour lets it down!
Old 22-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=10&silo=1011

Link to the ute in question for anyone whos interested..