Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
xr6_boss

Default Au Xr6 Starting Problem

[FONT=Impact] hey guys, i have a au xr6 ute and it usually starts up straight away but on the odd occasion it tends to wind for a while before it starts and takes a bit longer. also the fuel pump always makes a noise when i go to turn it on, and i find it louder then other cars i have driven, could it have something to do with this ?

xr6_boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

could be a number of things to cause it, ecu, spark plugs or leads, etc

but if the fuel point in noise and loud then other cars, probaly means its on its way out

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have the same problem,hoping its just a bad fuel filter, although the ECU does need resetting too I think. If the fuel pump is priming ok, and car is driving like normal Id leave it alone. In the next few weeks Im going to replace the filter and reset the ecu, hopefully that fixes it, wont really know though because it only happens very rarely.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
xr6_boss

should the fuel pump make a noise everytime u go to start it, cos mine does all the time even when its been for a long drive.
Old 26-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no it shouldnt make a nosie, if its loud and noisy all the time the fuel pump is gonna pack it very soon

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 26-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
xr6_boss

in saying that would that be causing it not pump the fuel as efficient which would be leading to these starting problems..
Old 26-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #7
xr6_boss

also when i say always makes a noise.. i mean it always makes a noise when i go to start it. not while its running
Old 26-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they always do that, to prime it self, im getting confused becuase it keeps changing

so it happens once in a blue moon

Old 26-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #9
xr6_boss

what i mean is it will not start straight up sometimes and will turnover a bit longer.. and that the fuel pump will always make a noise when i turn the key and it is louder then other Au's ive been in..
Old 26-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #10
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or you are cranking it over dry, what i mean is that it isnt priming properly, so i guess you might have a blocked filter or your fuel pump is dieing off

Old 26-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
xr6_boss

well I started my mum au today and the fuel pump is really quiet on that and can hardly hear it and it fires up really good all the time, the fuel pump on mine is alot louder when its priming, but usually the engine fires straight up but on the odd occasion it will take a bit longer,,
Old 26-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mines starts straight away no problem, maybe when its cold or hasnt be started for a while it takes a bit longer for the fuel to get to the injectors and that

Old 26-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #13
xr6_boss

mine starts straight up most the time even if it is cold, its just on the odd occassion it will wind over a bit more then it should.
Old 26-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #14
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

starter motor?
Old 26-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

coil pack ?