Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #61
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am shocked the unions aren't in uproars over this. A US cop car built in OZ????? Good luck to Holden, you deserve the contract. Would love to know how much money they are making from this?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #62
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still reckon it ain't gonna happen, and if it does - they'll be built in North America anyway.

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #63
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I am shocked the unions aren't in uproars over this. A US cop car built in OZ????? Good luck to Holden, you deserve the contract. Would love to know how much money they are making from this?
When a gov owns billions of dollars of your assets (GM) of course they will want you to build something for them, It is also an excuse for bob lutz to try to repair the financial trouble that they are in. Plus why would you want to bring a built car from Australia just after you had shipped all the engines (v8) from the states to Australia & the have it shipped back again, there is more to this deal than what meats the eye. :
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #64
Chopped
as in chopped

http://www.chevroletcapriceppv.com/#home

Looks pretty tough I reckon (love the steelies / very bogan!)

Failed export program ?!! LOL - WHERE ?

- Ford Aus get off your *** and sell the FG to the world before we end up with a FWD US substitute
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
http://www.chevroletcapriceppv.com/#home

Looks pretty tough I reckon (love the steelies / very bogan!)

Failed export program ?!! LOL - WHERE ?

- Ford Aus get off your *** and sell the FG to the world before we end up with a FWD US substitute

Its Ford USA who is causing the problem, they won't let us land anything to do with the Falcon over there.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #66
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20btt
When a gov owns billions of dollars of your assets (GM) of course they will want you to build something for them, It is also an excuse for bob lutz to try to repair the financial trouble that they are in. Plus why would you want to bring a built car from Australia just after you had shipped all the engines (v8) from the states to Australia & the have it shipped back again, there is more to this deal than what meats the eye. :
I think (pretty sure) the engine plant is in Canada. Sure that's a bit closer to the states but it's not in them. I'm not sure how many plants are making the V6 but the one in Melbourne makes a fair chunk of the global demand of those
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post