Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 19-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
barra265t
Banned

Default Is this where holden got their SS badges from

Just happened to come across the original 'SS' logo from nazi germany.

I thought.. hey, this looks familiar where do i remember this from? Didnt I see this badge ironically on that Highway Patrol car I just passed..

Seems Holden likes to look to Germany for inspiration.. first with the recycled Opel designs, now this .

Last edited by barra265t; 19-10-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This one has been done before.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
kenz
BOSS Pilot

OMG that looks totally the same :

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

This will get locked up in no time.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
kircher

I have no sympathy for Nazism at all, but damn their uniforms and symbolism was awesome. That one with the eagle carrying the swastika is my favourite. It reeks of badness and evil, but I love it.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
kircher

you can see the ss badges on the left collar.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:38 PM   #7
barra265t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kircher
I have no sympathy for Nazism at all, but damn their uniforms and symbolism was awesome. That one with the eagle carrying the swastika is my favourite. It reeks of badness and evil, but I love it.
Well said.. I reckon Holden has always had that bad bloke, tough guy image associated, so they wouldnt have seen this connotation as negative. Kudos to them anyway.
Old 19-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Sorry people, this will be seen as offensive by some and there for may not continue.
Closed Thread