Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Treny
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo Sedan Rattle?

Love this car! Great fuel economy from my 2007 TDCI but I have a rattle that seems to be coming from the left rear seat belt area? I have looked for eny loose items in the boot or spare wheel area and all is fine. I intend to get Ford to check it out at it's next service (15000k) if I can't find and cure it. Anyone else with any ideas where to look? Also on occasions there is a thump from the rear when going over a bump it happens rarely so I think it is in the suspension and not something loose? The car is that good I can live with these slight irritations.

Treny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Katoomba

Can't help with your problem, but with my Zetec now at 50,000 kms there are so many rattles, squeaks and groans that I just keep the stereo up loud! :-)
Old 11-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Sounds like it's suspension.

Mine made noises in the rear, and when I took it to the dealer they tightened the suspension and noise went away. Still got some squeaks, mainly when going up driveways, but nothing that bothers me too much.

Like Katoomba says, turn up the stereo. Excpet I can't do that as I've got a rattle in a rear right tweeter, which has been replaced 3 times and still rattles.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Treny
Starter Motor

Thanks guys I will have the suspension checked at next service and up the volume in the meantime.
Treny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
Francis

So would you guy's say this is a good car say next to a Mazda 6?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
scribbly

I drive Mazda 6's all the time as rentals and it's the biggest reason I can't wait to get back to my Mondy!

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 12:59 AM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis
So would you guy's say this is a good car say next to a Mazda 6?
Latest Wheels has a one page comparison between the Mazda 6 and Mondeo wagons, and (just) preferred the Mondeo. They are quite different cars - best to drive them yourself and see which you like. Just make sure you drive the 6 on a bumpy road and on chip seal...
Old 21-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
scribbly

Well 'NZ R6' I reckon I can feel every bump on the Mondeo. But you've got to put it into context with the the luxury cars like the Statesman. My last two rentals have been these monsters and the suspension 'luxuriates' you over just about every bump in existence. I wish we could flick a switch and have luxury or sports but that choice seems to have fallen out of favor.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post