Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
wusyc

Default Photos of my MB Modeo Titanium TDCi

I took the car out today to quickly take a few shots to share with you guys.

Old 24-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
kocho
The Futuriser

Very nice car. Enjoy it!

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice. Seen one here in Canberra. Same color too.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

That is ace.

What's the blocked out bit on the front grill for?

I notice also you use the auto light option. I turned mine to auto on January 4 2008, and haven't touched it since.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1

What's the blocked out bit on the front grill for?
Something to do with the Active Cruise Control perhaps?

Needless to say I'd wish they'd brought it out on the MA... Maybe I'm just too lazy, having to flick the thumb switches up and down to adjust the cruise control.

Very nice WUSYC, enjoy the car
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroinTas
Something to do with the Active Cruise Control perhaps?
Yes, that's where the radar for ACC and (Forward Alert) is.

Initially, I thought that... mmm some lazy factory workers didn't pop out those useless bits... but then, very MB Titanium and XR5 has it...

The manual says that the radar is on the right hand side of the blue oval when looking from the front.
Old 25-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

does the adaptive cruise work?
What's it like?
I saw a Top Gear when Clarkson drove a merc with it and didn't even use the brake at a roundabout, but the car stopped.

I take it by the look of the screen on the back window that you've got kids - how's the alcantara holding up?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 25-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
wusyc

Quote:
does the adaptive cruise work?
What's it like?
I have only had limited experience with the ACC. My limited experience suggests that it works quite well. On a moderately busy road at 80km/h with few lights, it takes the hassle away having to decelerate and accelerate again. Of course, I still have to apply brake to stop the car at lights.

I live quite close to my work place and haven't really got a chance to drive further away. I can imagine that driving on a country road at 110km/h will be a breeze with the ACC.

The forward alert also works well. A couple of times, the car thought that I got too close to a car turning into a street in front of me and gave me audible and visual alerts.

I have to say that when I briefly considered the VW Passat, it scared me that the ACC and FA feature alone is $3000 on the 103TDI model. If I price up the 103TDI up to the Mondeo Titanium spec, it is a $60,000 car. Don't know how they can justify that.

Quote:
I take it by the look of the screen on the back window that you've got kids - how's the alcantara holding up?
Yes, I have a little boy almost 1 year old. He is still in a convertible baby seat. He is not yet up to the time where he needs to eat in the car. We tried to stick to his meal and snack time so that he doesn't need to eat in the car.

Based on my observations, I don't expect the alcantara to perform worse than other fabric-based car seat.
Old 26-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
RicOz

Nice pics. You should have put Euro plates on it though! ;-)

I also thought that of the blocked out hexagons in the grill, maybe something they can improve on next time cause it does spoil the look a little. I noticed they airbrushed these out in the brochure!

Happy driving.
Old 26-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The blanked out ignition key looks out of place!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
The blanked out ignition key looks out of place!
Interesting. I thought they would have kept the keyhole just incase?
Old 27-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks wusyc. I was going to look at the VW, but I still reckon standard spec wise, it's pretty hard to beat the Mondeo for price.

I've got a just over 1 year old daughter (2 October), and she has a bottle and some food in the back - we go to Colac every 2 weeks and have since she was 6 weeks old, so that's why I asked. I've already got a towel under her seat, but accidents happen.

I got a set of window sox for mine for under $50 (accessories online), and the good thing about them is that they are hard to pull off the window from the inside. My sister had those suction capped ones on the inside window and had enough of her son pulling them off all the time, so she got the socks. It's disappointing that privacy glass and the standard pull up blinds in the door skins aren't offered here. I was going to get a set here: http://www.climairuk.com/climair/sea...=search&page=1, but they didn't get back to me so I went with the windowsox.

That blank where the key goes serves a purpose, but doesn't look too good. Looks like a good upgrade to the series.
Previous:
Old 27-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
wusyc

Hi Dusty1, thanks for the tips about window sox. Just have a look at the web site. It looks good. Mine are cheap ones from Kmart. I will probably get a pair of what you have. I would really love to get some of the options that people get in Europe. The factory-fitted blinds would have been really nice.

In a way, this could also be a balance between car availability vs option list in Australia. This is one of the biggest problems I have with VW. Price is the first thing. Pricing up a 103TDI Passat to match the Mondeo Titanium would be $58000 before dealer and government charges. The next problem is availability. In September, I was told that I would have to wait at least 6 months for the exact car I wanted.

I went for the Mondeo with the same reason as yours - can't beat the price for its feature set. It is also a better looking car.

By the way, does the Window Sox fit well on the Mondeo?

Last edited by wusyc; 27-10-2009 at 09:19 PM.
wusyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #14
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Just want to throw this out there...

Would anyone be interested in a custom made cotton window shade made to suit each car that is attched inside so it cant be seen from outside? It can be installed and removed without any marks or holes left behind. It blocks the sun yet you can see through it for lane changes/reversing etc. They look so much better than the socks. We should be able to make them so that kids cant pull them off easily.

If interested, how much do you think they are worth?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Just want to throw this out there...

Would anyone be interested in a custom made cotton window shade made to suit each car that is attched inside so it cant be seen from outside? It can be installed and removed without any marks or holes left behind. It blocks the sun yet you can see through it for lane changes/reversing etc. They look so much better than the socks. We should be able to make them so that kids cant pull them off easily.

If interested, how much do you think they are worth?
I had window shades on my Focus. they fittted to the inside of the window area of the door. You could still unwind the window and these stayed in place.

I am definitely interested. But I'd like to see a picture of what they look like first.
Old 27-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #16
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I had window shades on my Focus. they fittted to the inside of the window area of the door. You could still unwind the window and these stayed in place.

I am definitely interested. But I'd like to see a picture of what they look like first.
I am very interested. Same as Bucknaked, I would like to see it first.

Bucknaked, where did you get your shades fitted on your Focus?
Old 27-10-2009, 11:04 PM   #17
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Currently we have one for our Mazda 3 that hasnt quite been finished yet. We made this one to cover the window between the C and D pillar as well as the door window. This one doesnt attch to the door but attaches to the pillars, so it need to be quickly undone before putting the baby in or out of the car. To remove it is as quick as opening the door so it becomes second nature. However we would be able to do them to attach to the door itself so it doesnt need to be undone to get in/out.

We made it because basically we think the window socks are very ugly especially when they fade. We have tinted windows that are tinted to 35% so it is still legal. When the shade is in place you cannot see into the car at all but from inside you can still see through it. They are suited to those that need the shade for babies etc but care how their cars look.

What would people think they are worth?
Old 28-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #18
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
Hi Dusty1, ... By the way, does the Window Sox fit well on the Mondeo?
The windowsox fit well. I've used the velcro tape that came whit them on the inside of the door to ensure they are held down properly. I've got them nice and tight so they don't flop around.

The problem is that they are going to fade - not much you can do about it here in Oz. I've had mine on for a year and only take it off when I get it washed. When she was reverse facing I should have got one of these (http://www.babyzonedirect.com.au/cat...145/c222/p2496) and still might.

Those pull up OEM blinds for the back doors are a 30 pound option or something, but again it's availability - and I waited 3 months for my car and don't want to wait much longer than that again.

If you're after a set of window shades that sit on the windows I reckon the UK is the place to go. If you scroll down here: http://www.palmautomotive.co.uk/4tru...o_2007-on.html you'll see them for the hatch, and at 90 pounds plus postage it is expensive, but once they are on, they are on. There's ones here for 135 GBP http://www.climairuk.com/climair/pro...6&cat=0&page=1.

To me, anything that requires me to remove them every time I put the child in the back seat isn't going to work. My missus is not going to open the door, unclip a blind, move it back, put child in seat, buckle child, re-clip blind, and then the shut door. I'm probably not either, so the windowsox does me. If I get another Mondeo when the lease is up in 2011, I'll probably invest in a set of the shades above. The ease of use will mean the boss is happy, and therefore I will be too.

Good luck!
Previous:
Old 28-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #19
wusyc

Dusty1, you surely have done a lot of research. Thanks for the tips!
Old 28-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #20
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
I am very interested. Same as Bucknaked, I would like to see it first.

Bucknaked, where did you get your shades fitted on your Focus?

Grabbed a set from ford. Very easy to fit. Just did it myself. There's 4 little plastic tabs that slot on to the rubber area of the window area
Old 28-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #21
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
To me, anything that requires me to remove them every time I put the child in the back seat isn't going to work. My missus is not going to open the door, unclip a blind, move it back, put child in seat, buckle child, re-clip blind, and then the shut door. I'm probably not either, so the windowsox does me. If I get another Mondeo when the lease is up in 2011, I'll probably invest in a set of the shades above. The ease of use will mean the boss is happy, and therefore I will be too.

Good luck!
It literally takes a second to undo the shade and it is out of the way and like I said it becomes second nature, just like opening the door. Its take more time to open the door. However like I said if we were to make them with the intention to sell them we would make them to fit the window so once they are on, they are on.
Old 29-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #22
Dusty1
Giddy up!

naddis01, not having a go. It's just different horses for different courses.
Something that only needs to come off when cleaning/selling is the best for me. Others maybe not.
Previous:
Old 29-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #23
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Yeah no worries Dusty. I know you weren't having a go. Sorry if it came across poorly as it wasn't meant to. :