Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
ELLIOT

Default 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec info?

I had a few random questions about the new Ford Fiesta . Does the Zetec come with keyless entry as the euro ones do. I was on the Ford web site and it said it had flip keys. I know all the euro ones are keyless. Bit of a random question. And also how is the voice features.

Thank you

ELLIOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yes of course they have keyless entry, it'd be laughable if they didn't. 'flip key' means the key shaft flicks out from the fob, and tucks back in afterwards if so desired.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
ELLIOT

Not sure if this is what it is called but the euros call it keyless. Its just the remote and you have the engine started etc.
Old 28-11-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIOT
Not sure if this is what it is called but the euros call it keyless. Its just the remote and you have the engine started etc.
oh right, you mean a keyless ignition?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELLIOT
It's called the "Ford Key Free System" - unfortunately the Zetecs here don't have it :( The UK models have quite a few extra features available which aren't available here (auto folding side mirrors, auto temp controlled aircon just to name a few). We do however receive the flip key on all models which they have to pay extra for lol

With the voice recognition feature, you control your stereo, usb, ipod and mobile phone. I thought that I wouldn't use it much but I use it all the time. It's especially great for using hands-free calling as you can store names and phone numbers which can be recalled at the touch of the "voice" button

It is unfortunate that we miss out on some of the really cool features lke the key free system but I suppose, considering the reasonably low cost of the Fiesta, it more than makes up for it with the gadgets you do get (especially compared to other cars in the same price range!).
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
ELLIOT

Ahhh kool. Thanks for the info.
I was watching some UK reviews and noticed our OZ ones were a little different.Oh well i am sure it is a good car.