Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
DragonMesh

Default Need new tyres

I've been in need of 2 new tyres for a while (the front ones) so i rotated them to the back but now i have a nail in one of the decent tyres so i figure i'll just replace them all. I cant decide which ones to go for.. every tyre place is telling me to get different ones and they are all around the same price. so any ideas?

Im looking at for my 17" 215/45:

Pirelli P7 at $215 ea.
Sumitomo ZII at $205 ea.
Maxxis Maz1 at $210 ea.

or for a bit more someone recommended the Sumitomo ZIII for $230 ea.

DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Pirelli 215/50ZR17 (91W) Dragon tyres.
Falken 205/50ZR17 (93Y) 452 tyres.
Goodyear 205/50WR17 (93W) Eagle NCT5 tyres

Here are some that fit. dno any prices, but maybe ask around for the ones that will suit you best...
Old 30-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I had Maxxis Mav1's on my lancer, so not sure how diff they are from the MAz1, but they were brilliant in the wet and dry.

I've just got Kumho KU31's (in an 18) on my Focus about 4 weeks ago and Im very happy with them also, but not sure what sizes they are available.
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
BrisVegas
Noobie

I put Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins on my Zetec (205/50R17) 2 months ago. They were about $260 each from memory. Bonus was that I qualified for the Bridgestone free flights deal, so am taking a trip to Melbourne in March for nix. In any event, I was gonna buy them anyway as I'd read nothing but good things about them. The other tyre I was looking at was the Yokohama C.Drive for slightly more, ie. $280 a tyre.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrisVegas
I put Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalins on my Zetec (205/50R17) 2 months ago. They were about $260 each from memory. Bonus was that I qualified for the Bridgestone free flights deal, so am taking a trip to Melbourne in March for nix. In any event, I was gonna buy them anyway as I'd read nothing but good things about them. The other tyre I was looking at was the Yokohama C.Drive for slightly more, ie. $280 a tyre.
My Mates got those on her Mazda3, and they stick like S*&t to a blanket!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post