Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #31
MONSOON

I would avoid the 380, I took a dealer demo 380sx for a spin (on loan while car was repaired), it didn't drive that nicely, so they are cheap for a reason, I driven a few rental Magna's which were much better to drive than the 380, so no wonder they stopped making them, better than an Avalon but that is faint praise. Unless of course you like driving an appliance.
Old 15-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #32
Chopped
as in chopped

Actually why settle on Aussie mediocrity ?!

Go the 6.8L Rolls > http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7975272&__Qpb=true&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_R ankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Ma ke_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=121 6%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294959600%20413&s ilo=1011&PriceTo=413&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne= 15&trecs=14&__sid=1259328B5450 (classy)
Old 15-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #33
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByCNG
The Barra 190 is a torquier engine than the engine in the FG and you'll save a little cash over the FG too.
How do you figure this? 383nm in BF plays FG's 420nm on premium and base of 391 on 91 octane fuel. I've driven both and FG definitely feels like it's packing more torque, which it is.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #34
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Have you had a look at the Focus XR5 Turbo?
Old 15-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
BrisVegas
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
Your on a FORD forum so id steer clear of a 380 go for a BFII with 6-speed it will go better and be better on fuel...
have a look at a MAZDA-6 or SUBARU-LIBERTY HONDA-ACCORD.EURO all are very good reliable cars & you should be able get a good one for $25k...
I'll say it again.... do yourself a favour and take a Mondeo for a test drive.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #36
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Also check out www.aussiemagna.com/forums for opinions on the 380 (generally which show the 380s are very good and reliable daily driver)
one day on that forum and youll be begging for a ford!

that is the worst run forum ive ever seen, the mods are terrible compared to here
Old 15-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #37
markb

I'm not set on a 380, they just seemed good value and I'm not really "into" cars ATM, after spending some time on the m4 today I'm thinking I might even go small car like modeo (which I didn't think of) , focus or lancer - whatever is good in that class.

I am yet to drive any and that is going to be the thing.. I had a BA Xr6 and that was a great car and I do love the barra engine but looking at the overall costs and from red book it looks like the falcons depreciate even more than the 380!
markb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #38
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb
I'm not set on a 380, they just seemed good value and I'm not really "into" cars ATM, after spending some time on the m4 today I'm thinking I might even go small car like modeo (which I didn't think of) , focus or lancer - whatever is good in that class.

I am yet to drive any and that is going to be the thing.. I had a BA Xr6 and that was a great car and I do love the barra engine but looking at the overall costs and from red book it looks like the falcons depreciate even more than the 380!
im in the same boat as you, i dont know what i want to buy. id like something a little better on fuel than an XR8, and when i say a little better i mean twice as good!

380s arent a bad car, but id take a stock FG over one

good luck with the chase
Old 15-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #39
markb

yeah i've had my cool stuff like Xr8's and that so think it's time for a change to something a bit more sensible.. That was I can waste less money on my car and spend more money on living a fun life, travelling, activites and all that,
markb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #40
EgoFalcon
The Villan

FG xr6 on gas would be my pick, good mean but beautiful looks, with the hidden surprise of low travelling costs.

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
EgoFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
big_landau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb
yeah i've had my cool stuff like Xr8's and that so think it's time for a change to something a bit more sensible.. That was I can waste less money on my car and spend more money on living a fun life, travelling, activites and all that,
my mother has a 97 v6 magna with 140,000km.i took it for a drive the other week and was amazed at how well it drove and not a rattle,squeek or groan from the car at all.in my opion if you simply want a car to drive the magna is a great car,my mothers has never broken down and other than servicing the car has never had anything major replaced.
big_landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #42
PoweredByCNG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
How do you figure this? 383nm in BF plays FG's 420nm on premium and base of 391 on 91 octane fuel. I've driven both and FG definitely feels like it's packing more torque, which it is.

Regards,
Dave