Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #61
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a pubic hair on your gear stick.
Old 30-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #62
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Look, no offence, but after the second time you should have booked it somewhere else to fix this problem. Either another gearhead business, or auto sparky. Since they are both qualified tradesmen, it wouldn't effect your warranty.

Has you car been treated well the other 4 times it went in? If so, why does this one suddenly erase the good work done before? However, if your that disatisfied by their conduct, just don't go back.
Old 30-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #63
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

never ending argument, point taken. End.

Thanks to all who replied.
Old 30-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #64
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHO57

No worries.. when ever we can be of service.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #65
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:

the fact that you received mud on your carpets, was a major pain in the butt. most of us would be less than happy with it. the problem is that all of us get some form of bad service all of the time. these threads (and road rules and accident and arrogant driver threads) come up almost on a weekly basis, and if the finger should be pointed, it should generally only be pointed at an individual not always at the whole dealership and certainly not at the whole manufacturer

good or bad workmanship is not the sole domain of certain manufacturers. all manufacturers have good and bad. even individual dealerships have both good and bad too

i do understand why you took it in on the day without a booking - none of us have time to waste and especially if you have tried 4 times already, however, the mechanic does not see it that way. the five minutes he spends with you are getting in the way of his next job, his morning tea/lunch break or going home on time

i guess these types of threads just prove, that when you find someone you trust, stay with them - do not deviate for a cheaper price. if the average customer was loyal, then the average mechanic would either pick up their game or go out of business

and regarding mercedes, they are probably a much superior car in build quality etc. but a four cylinder version costs as much as gt. you only get what you pay for and the mercedes has a whole lot more aftersales service built into the price
Old 30-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #66
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

I agree with you "GTXB67".
Old 30-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #67
StrokedXT
Banned

I noticed a big sign when i dropped the turbo in for some warranty work recently

"diagnosis is not free, expect to be charged for the time it takes to find a problem"
Old 30-12-2009, 12:38 PM   #68
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can understand the complaint after taking my car to a ford dealership, from bein in the same boat myself and the same with my dads car bought my car in melbourne and had a tereo prob and when i went and saw them they fixed it no charge in 5secs then up in NQ take it to the dealership for the same drama they wanted to charge $600 for a 5 ec job even tho it was under warrenty
Dads car stopped at an intersection 2 weeks after picking it upand with fpv extra care and all the good stuff they didnt want to have anything to do with it and wnted him to pay repair costs and saw the car copping a raping when he went pick it up, needless we've both taken them elsewhere since
the point is there are ggod and bad ones out there but if you have the bad management to only have a bad one to go thru it sux hard
Old 30-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #69
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a pubic hair on your gear stick.
Sound like a man of experience.
Old 30-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #70
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man
I can understand the complaint after taking my car to a ford dealership, from bein in the same boat myself and the same with my dads car bought my car in melbourne and had a tereo prob and when i went and saw them they fixed it no charge in 5secs then up in NQ take it to the dealership for the same drama they wanted to charge $600 for a 5 ec job even tho it was under warrenty
Dads car stopped at an intersection 2 weeks after picking it upand with fpv extra care and all the good stuff they didnt want to have anything to do with it and wnted him to pay repair costs and saw the car copping a raping when he went pick it up, needless we've both taken them elsewhere since
the point is there are ggod and bad ones out there but if you have the bad management to only have a bad one to go thru it sux hard

Think i need some oxygen and a couple of Panadol.
Old 30-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #71
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Well my rant begins.

I decided to take my xr8 to Ford today to ask if i could have a chat with the head mechanic to ask about somethings regarding me car. Now the thing is that he had red mud on his shoes at the time, whilst he was in the car he didnt bring his legs in the cabin(thank god) i went and opened the bonnet, as soon as i opened it he decided to rev it, i walked over and asked him why he reved it he said i wanted to hear your car, i said that its not needed that he rev it, so i turned it off. I really needed him to test the alternator with a multi-meter not rev it. He didnt apologise now next thing i looked on my carpet and there was a patch about the size of my hand of red mud, i was stunned looking at him he said sorry cant help you with that you will have to take it to a auto elecy. I was getting a bit annoyed now and said you dirtied my carpet, he looked as said itll dry up n be easy to clean.

Whilst i work at Mercedes-Benz, we respect every single customer and their pride and joy, no matter what, we had a mechanic that left 2 finger prints on a customers cars doors, and he had to drive to the customers home and clean the marks off, now Ford wouldnt give a whether they left marks or not as i never get my car washed even when its covered in mud. :

Just had to get it out, has anyone else received bad service?car returned dirty?
Are'nt you thrilled now that you joined the Australian Ford Forum
Old 30-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #72
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Yep. . All good mate, i can understand everyone has had their fair share of good and bad experiences. None the less i just appreciate everyones replies.
Old 30-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #73
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
You never seem to see anything good with Ford full stop, not sure why you even log in... oh that's right.....
Luckily, I don't have rose coloured glasses like you!!! How is Rod & the "family" :
Old 30-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #74
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELGT4me
Luckily, I don't have rose coloured glasses like you!!! How is Rod & the "family" :
No rose colored glasses here, just blue blood and a balanced outlook, Im glad i don't need a zimmer frame like you...

Old 30-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #75
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the mechanics i go to are ridiculously clean, i even joke about it when im there, they dont even look like theyve been working at the end of the day and they always wear gloves. i asked him why and he said well if we are going to get grease and oil all over our hands we dont want to touch customers cars and if we are washing our hands all day in heavy duty wash we will get dry and cracked skin
makes sense doesnt it, i know what its like working in the food industry myself, washing my hands with alcohol based hand wash which is now the law

the mud thing also baffles me... here i am thinking they work on concrete but who knows?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 30-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #76
FORD5

Well i supose everyone has there pride and joys, and will be upset when something happens to it.

Once on my AU SR went in to have the slide tracks for drivers side seat looked at cause they were playing up to have the seat pulled out and it looked at was 70 bucks thought that was fair anyway the tool he was using he dropped it by accident it landed on the paint near scuff plate and door seal scrated the paint and put the smallest dent there and he apoligised and all was good went home gave it a lil polish ( as it was my pride and joy) scratch was removed dent wasnt even noticable and the seat was fixed i thanked him he said no worrys and i was very happy, but dealers differ, doesnt mean its FORDs fault.
Old 30-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #77
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

i didnt blame Ford, i personally think Ford is great, better than majority of other makes. Love my Ford.
Old 30-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #78
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Why didnt you book the car in and let them look at the problem properly rather than demand a free on the spot driveway diagnosis?
Quote:
I decided to take my xr8 to Ford today to ask if i could have a chat with the head mechanic to ask about somethings regarding me car.
I'm not sure how you figured he demanded anything.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #79
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Exactly, i didnt demand anything but I had arranged with the service advisor weeks prior me coming in and i even called again before going to Ford. Just the dealerships vary.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #80
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would not be happy about the mud , Just like me being a tradesman i dont think people would be to impressed if i didn't take my muddy boots of a walked into there home .
At the very least apoligise and clean up after himself. An not checking the voltage just lazy plain and simple.

Even if ts a driveway diagnosis 5mins of his time is not going brake the bank balance to help a repeat customer .
Old 30-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #81
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford service (like any other dealer service) is like a restuarant. Have a good experience, tell a couple of people, have a bad experience you tend to tell the whole world.

Myself, I cant say a bad thing about my dealings with Ford service.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #82
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

How did a rev and a muddy boot go four pages......

My opinion:

Old 30-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #83
GHO57
Frequent Fryer Card

Yep, We should close this and move on.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #84
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Excellent idea.
Closed Thread