Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
XC-351

Exclamation Buying a car interstate - best way to pay

I'm buying a car from nsw and am getting it transported down as I do not have the time to go up myself,,, I'm just wondering the best/safest way to pay

Old 14-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
F6T
Has V8 envy

If it is unencumbered, then the vendor will usually insists on cash or bank cheque I would have thought.

I would check to see if the car was encumbered though. If it is, then the way I did it was to get the Vendor to authorise his bank to speak with me as to an exact payout figure on the loan secured over the vehicle. I then dealt directly with the bank to discharge to loan on the day that I picked it up - with a bank cheque written out to the bank.

Peace of mind knowing that I had attended to it myself.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

i sold my ke20 to a guy in SA for $9500. he was driving past Sydney and checked it out, gave me a deposit without driving it (it was raining). Later in the week he paid direct deposit and i dropped it to Patricks for transport.
He was such a cool guy and very trusting.