Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
eXi7w0unD

Default car wont start

so my car hasnt been turned on n 2 weeks. the battery is fine, lights music radio aircon can all come on but the car when started doesnt turn over. it ticks 3 times.. turn ignition TICK TICK TICK.

can any 1 assist me or should i just call racq?

Old 31-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
xrford
WAGONE

to me just sounds like the battery still hav enough voltage to run accesorys but not enough cranking amps to autually turn it over, have you tried a jumpstart?
otherwise no idea cos it should turn over no matter what unless starter motor is shagged but they dont just pack up overnight, so i still reckon battery.
xrford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
kenphelps
Starter Motor

definately the battery have been there many times. get your self one of those solar battery charges for when your car is sitting long periods of time.
kenphelps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Yup, battery it is
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
eXi7w0unD

yea, u guys where spot on, racq came along and he had the voltage meter and it was just under the right amount of volts or whatnot to start. started first time when he pluged that portable battery in with jumper cables. gonna leave it half hour then take her for a drive

thanks peeps