Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 AM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
i think you have a little too much confidence in ford there.
This is the same mob that told everyone that only 25% of mondeo sales would be diesel....yeah got that one right......what is it like 50%?
I will accept that I were the blue oval blinkers with pride...

LOL, that same "mob" were also counting on a lot more than the paltry 315 sales in December.
If they had any sense they would realise that the only Mondeos they need are
5-door Hatch and Station Wagon in diesel and XR5T - skip the 2.3 altogether....
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #32
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I will accept that I were the blue oval blinkers with pride...

LOL, that same "mob" were also counting on a lot more than the paltry 315 sales in December.
If they had any sense they would realise that the only Mondeos they need are
5-door Hatch and Station Wagon in diesel and XR5T - skip the 2.3 altogether....
Probably but i think that is because they can get the 2.3 pretty easilly....much harder sourcing diesel/XR5T. Might as well flog a few 2.3 to people in the meantime if possible (and it isn't that bad....).

Not to worry, that will have a 1.6T soon enough to fix any issues....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #33
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

G6LE is not the first time ford has done limited editions for the purposes of boosting sales - EL Olympic and AU Classic anyone?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Probably but i think that is because they can get the 2.3 pretty easilly....much harder sourcing diesel/XR5T. Might as well flog a few 2.3 to people in the meantime if possible (and it isn't that bad....).

Not to worry, that will have a 1.6T soon enough to fix any issues....
Too right, i was just reading the Drive (Holden) match up between the
Sportwagon Omega v Ford Mondeo LX Wagon and the Holden gets the win
but not by much, that 3.0 V6 really struggles - I'm not convinced at all.

Had Mondy been fitted with Ecoboost 2.0, the Sportwagon would have struggled....
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #35
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Too right, i was just reading the Drive (Holden) match up between the
Sportwagon Omega v Ford Mondeo LX Wagon and the Holden gets the win
but not by much, that 3.0 V6 really struggles - I'm not convinced at all.

Had Mondy been fitted with Ecoboost 2.0, the Sportwagon would have struggled....
With the new ecoboost petrol engines ford will use to replace the 2.3 (i'm pretty sure the 2.5 mazda version of the engine will not be used....) the sportwagon will lose, pure and simple. Alot has been made on here about the mondeo wagon not being a replacement for the BF wagon. While the weight of the load may be true the space is quite big in the mondeo and certainly more than the sportswagon (about halfway between the bf and ve wagons).

The biggest 'complaint' has been that the mondeo doesn't hae the right engine/s (4pot and no lpg). But, once the diesel wagon get here it will be a much tougher fight in base form for the sportwagon...fleets wil be much more interested. And the I4T ecoboost engines in teh updated mondeo (not sure what size) will likely burn in the high 7-low 8s easilly....and have more grunt, virtually matching the 3.0 sportswagon on hp, and importantly nm/kg... That will mean the sportswagon will be toast, especially if ford sell the mondeo for 2-4k less (fleet pricing) and it has a bigger load area. I haven't got the stats in front of me but i think a LPG BF3 wagon wouldn't be any cheaper to run than an EB mondeo as long as the mondeo burns around 8L/100km of 91 octane.....

Sorry for getting off topic a bit....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My fault entirely,
Leading back to topic, I think the Mondeo S/W will enable Ford to build more of it profitable models
and the G6 LE will be front and centre snatching sales off Commodore International....
Old 03-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #37
MOND30
If You Seek AU

I heard an ad this morning for new Commodore SV6s, 3.6L SIDI with 18" wheels for $35,990 driveaway - seems that it's 'game on'...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM   #38
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOND30
I heard an ad this morning for new Commodore SV6s, 3.6L SIDI with 18" wheels for $35,990 driveaway - seems that it's 'game on'...
$36,490 with prestige paint and that price is for manual. Still a good deal, anyone who just bought an SIDI SV6 for $42k will be spewing.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #39
left
Lady Leadfoot

Does anyone on the forum actually own one of these? I've been trying to search the forum for pics with no success. I am seriously considering trading in my BA and can't decide on colour - Ego or Lightening Strike (I know, the difference is glaring :P ). I need to see them in the flash so to speak. Also wondering what it would look like lowered...

BTW the dude I spoke to said the suspension set up of the LE is same as the XR6. Is this true?

Quote:
Building sites on a hot day: the females equivalent to a strip club
left is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #40
mylestom
Old timer

Default FG G6 Limited Edition

Yep have one bought it in Oct, but just your basic Winter White. Love the car and interior, suspension and wheels. There are great value and would recommend them. Originally they were only going to produce 1500, but the orders exceeded the build.

It was nearly a first come first served basis.

Have nearly just over 5,000kms on now and except for a couple of minor issues happy with the car. Had a BA Fairmont previous and this is better except for Aircon.

Think you will find that the suspension is the luxury sports not the basic sport in the XR6, no expert, but that what they put out in the original info.

Couple of photos under my gallery

Trev

Last edited by mylestom; 04-02-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Additional info
mylestom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #41
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylestom
Yep have one bought it in Oct, but just your basic Winter White. Love the car and interior, suspension and wheels. There are great value and would recommend them. Originally they were only going to produce 1500, but the orders exceeded the build.

Have nearly just over 5,000kms on now and except for a couple of minor issues happy with the car. Had a BA Fairmont previous and this is better except for Aircon.

Think you will find that the suspension is the luxury sports not the basic sport in the XR6, no expert, but that what they put out in the original info.

Trev
It would be good to see some pics, I hate the Ford CGI images they use, the paint looks like it has a mat-finish.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
mylestom
Old timer

Default G6 Limited Edition

Have you read this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...7&page=1&pp=25

A lot of the info covered there, Original price was $36490. The optional metallic paint was added to that price. So the new price if basically the same.

Trev
mylestom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #43
G6LTD09
FG G6 Limited Ed

We bought ours back in October as well and have done 15,000km to date, love it. I was initially looking at the FG XR6 to replace our late model Pajero, the salesman rung me to come look at the Limited and I signed for it the same day.

I loved the leather, the ride (bit plusher than the XR6), and the Tech pack. I would've loved to have the 6sp Auto option though. I went for the Seduce (red goes faster lol)
G6LTD09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #44
G6LTD09
FG G6 Limited Ed

Quote:
Original price was $36490. The optional metallic paint was added to that price. So the new price if basically the same.

Trev
Lol, I love how the metallic paint is in the fine print. The only standard paint was white I think. Don't get me started on the Paint/Rust/Interior protection they wanted to sell me : , I opted to do that myself and only went for the tint.
G6LTD09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #45
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
G6LE is not the first time ford has done limited editions for the purposes of boosting sales - EL Olympic and AU Classic anyone?
The EF Olympic was a Classic pack. Classic pack Falcons have been around for ages, at least from ED onwards.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #46
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

Trev
Trev, the suspension is the same as the G6 and G6E suspension. The car sits 20mm higher than the luxury sports suspension which is only offered in the G6E-T. FPV have adapted the luxury sports for the GTE and F6E.

Quote: