Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 
Default New proprietory info on 2011 GT500

2011 GT500.

A few details and features on the upcoming 2011 Shelby GT500:

*Aluminium block version of the 5.4L Eaton blown combination we are used to. Exact specs are not confimed re: hardware and compression ratio but it is expected that the GTWS alloy block, Manley H-Beam rods and 9.6:1 compression version fitted to the 2010 Super Cobra Jet is what is on offer.

*Aluminium Hood (Bonnet) with "power dome" and heat extractor grille as standard.

*HID headlights as standard

*19" x 9.5" rims Front and rear with 255/285mm tyres fitted as standard.

*19" x 9.5" rims Front and 20 x 10" rims rear with 265/285 mm tyres featured on the SVT "sticker pack" upgrade, which also includes a rear diff gear change from 3.55:1 to 3.73:1, stripes, a guerney flap on the rear spoiler and a host of small detail change to badges and trims.

*Glass roof option as seen on last model GT's

Spy photo's of the SVT Pack car here:

Regular production is expected to feature very close to the 2010.... which I like......

Daniel

CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

That's one work of art...
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
BOSHOG
avenge me

looks very nice, ALMOST as nice as the new camaro or challenger

those yanks really know how to design a muscle car
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
Chilliman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've heard that the combination of EPAS (electronic steering) and aluminium block will shave 129lbs or about 59kg off the weight over the front of the car.

"Torque is the new horsepower"
Chilliman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

ooh yeah... nice scoop Daniel.

If there's one thing this needs it's agility, as in cornering agility, otherwise the '11 GT would come close to embarrassing it. Good to see they've gone down the route with less mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilliman
I've heard that the combination of EPAS (electronic steering) and aluminium block will shave 129lbs or about 59kg off the weight over the front of the car.
That's a good chunk off the front. I wonder if that includes the lighter bonnet too.

Edit: A little vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU_lN...layer_embedded
Old 06-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Mmmm there is nothing to not like about this car.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/05/s...mance-package/

Quote:
Sneak Peek: 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 w/ SVT Performance Package [w/video]

by Alex Nunez (RSS feed) on Feb 5th 2010 at 7:57AM Breaking

2011 Shelby GT500 with SVT Performance Pack - Click above for high-res image gallery.Follow the jump to watch video

The latest Ford Racing email newsletter contains some juicy stuff for Mustang fans. It confirms that the 2011 Shelby GT500 will be revealed this coming Monday, February 8, at 1:30 PM Eastern time via a live webcast, during which FoMoCo VP for global product development, Derrick Kuzak will also run down the SVT product strategy with Jost Capito, Ford's director of global performance vehicles. The newsletter includes a link to FordMediaLive.com, which is counting down the seconds to the webcast in real time. We recommend you click on the system test button, because doing so gives you a teaser reel of the 2011 Shelby GT500 (shown above), and if you've been following the leaked developments so far, it's pretty revealing. (Note: Ford has since pulled down the old test/teaser reel and replaced it with generic nature scenes.)

As you know, the Shelby GT500 order guide found its way onto the web last week. Among the new-for-2011 features mentioned (beyond the aluminum block for the blown 5.4-liter V8), are the glass roof option, which is installed on the car in the video, and the new SVT Performance Package, which is also equipped. Visual giveaways that differentiate the performance pack cars are readily evident: the hood stripes are skinnier than the ones on the standard GT500, and the body-side stripe is solid (it's bisected on the regular GT500).

Even more obvious are the different wheels, 19 x 9.5 inches in front, and 20 X 10 inches in back) that are exclusive to the SVT Performance Package. Finally, in the shot of the car's rear end, the spoiler with Gurney flap is plainly visible. Regular GT500s don't get the flap.(Never mind; I forgot that the 2010 GT500 rear spoiler had the flap, too. - Nunez) As specified in the leaked order sheet, the performance pack cars also get upgraded to a 3:73 rear axle ratio over the base GT500's 3:55s.On top of all that, The Detroit News reports this morning that the tweaked, aluminum-block 5.4 gets another 10 horsepower over the iron-block version, raising total output to 550 HP.

There's more to tell, but unfortunately, we're sworn to secrecy until 1:30 sharp on Monday. What we will say is this: The Mustang V6 and GT aren't the only ponys in the stable that get better for 2011. As good - great, even - as the 2010 Shelby GT500 is, the 2011 improves on the formula. Stay tuned for some pretty hot stuff on Monday. Thanks to Murray for the heads-up, and to commenter Mike for the Detroit News link.

And

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2010...gt500_news.php
Quote:

According to a recent article by the Detroit News, Ford Motor Company will be officially unveiling the 2011 Shelby GT500 to the public on Monday. As was previous reported the 2011 GT500 will get a few minor upgrades including an all new aluminum cylinder block and optional SVT performance package. What we didn't know was that the new GT500 will also be carrying more ponies under the hood, 10 to be exact, pumping its power rating to an incredible 550hp! The GT500 is expected to have a starting MSRP of $49,495 with convertible and glass roof options adding to the cost.

"With more horsepower and less weight in the front, you're going to be able to tell the difference," said Jim Hall of 2953 Analytics LLP in Birmingham. "It will be faster and more agile. Ford needs to keep evolving the GT500 to stay ahead of Chevy, because Chevy is looking at a high-performance version of the Camaro."

Update: According to Autoblog the 2011 GT500 will be uveiled via a live webcast on the FordMediaLive.com website at 1:30pm EST this coming Monday. For those who can't wait until Monday, Ford is giving a little sneak peek of the 2011 GT500 with the SVT Performance Package on a system test video. Edit: Sorry but it looks like Ford realized their mistake and took the GT500 sneak peek video down. Thankfully somebody was able to capture it before it was removed and its now on Youtube. Check it out below.

There it is folks, the GT500 will be unveiled Monday, stay tuned!
Old 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #8
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Thanks mate, you came through with the bigger scoop as usual :

I reckon the alloy block and bonnet will account for every bit of 60kg... that will get a GT500 down to about 1810kg WITH a driver on board....... very nice.

Daniel
Old 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

OMFG!, that thing is beautiful!, i love that blue one! :
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Aluminium 5.4? So, um, the GT 500 is the only model not to get the S/C 5.0 Coyote is it?

It's a pity the Aluminium block and Supercharger combo never made it out to FPV. But considering what's coming, c'est la vie. However, it would be good to see the aluminium blocks flow down into the aftermarket.

Lukeyson
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #11
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier
Aluminium 5.4? So, um, the GT 500 is the only model not to get the S/C 5.0 Coyote is it?

It's a pity the Aluminium block and Supercharger combo never made it out to FPV. But considering what's coming, c'est la vie. However, it would be good to see the aluminium blocks flow down into the aftermarket.

Lukeyson
They are in the aftermarket, Simon from XFT has a GTWS block in his Kenne Bell blown FG XR8 ute

Daniel
Old 06-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Very nice indeed, I do love the stance of that Blue one, interesting times ahead.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh to live in america !! my cousins friend bought a 'Stang convertible for $30k drive away.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
except the thin stripes.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

And still a live axel rear end?
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #16
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should be good for 11s stock (or very low 12s)
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Ditto
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #18
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
And still a live axel rear end?
Perfect for American smooth roads.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 AM   #19
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Worst case scenario: Mustang goes RHD.
Best case scenario: It's also available with a Falcon coupe shell.

Good news: That's most likely the plan.
Bad news: Gotta wait about 5 more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Should be good for 11s stock (or very low 12s)
Yep. Shorter gearing, more power, more grip, and less weight, should certainly push the '10's already low 12s into the 11s.

I agree with comments about the blue one.
/Salivates.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 AM   #20
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Ya Ya Yaaaa.... Falcon coupe based off GT500 with FI engine, 6 speed manual and a live axle that has a FRPP 9" bolt in deal available ready to go drag racing AND look cool..

2015: bring the dream

Daniel
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

I'm surprised they don't change to a blown 5.0 engine
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post