Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
fernsantos

Default Au Power Window Problem

Hi
My au fairmont ghia today i put the rear power window down and when i went to put it up it only went up 1/4 of the way.

I tried to put it up and down it goes all the way down but it won`t go all the way up it only goes a 1/4 of the way up.

Clean the switches,swaped them it still won`t go all the way up.

Any solutions will be great as i might have to take it to CityFord to get it fixed.

Thanks

fernsantos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Try giving the channels that the window runs up (in the pillars) a blast with some silicone spray. Get it in there and put your window up and down a few times to get it right in there.

Its a common "fault" with these, the rubber gets a bit dry & sticky and the motor can't overcome the friction it causes to get the window right up again. Usually you'll notice the thing goes down alright but comes up a bit slow before it totally sticks.

Personally recommend you do it to all windows too, not just the one sticking. Whenever one of mine does it I hit up both of them with it (being Forte I only have front power windows).

Let us know how it goes.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
fernsantos

Hi
Thanks for that it was the window motor i got it done for $120 replace the regulator and motor with a second hand one that price included labour.
The other side is statrting to play up i think i will get a new one from ebay and replace it as well.
fernsantos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

now do what riksta says so you don't burn out another motor