Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-04-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Twin pot calipers + larger rotors for the rears, series 1 AU??

Iv got a brake kit for the front already on the car with twin pot calipers and ba/bf 328mm rotors, i wanted to know if the rears could be upgraded as well?.

Are there any larger rotors and possibly twin pot calipers (from au II up to fg) for the rears that fit an au series 1 diff?.

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #2
DW260

I know FTG Autosalvage were doing a kit for the rear that included a larger diametre rotor, but the caliper is a single piston design. If I recall the kit is a BF XR spec.

I also seem to recall that fitting to the rear required a little bit of work, but nothing beyond the scope of someone with a little mechanical know-how.

I'm sure if you troll through the FTG sponsor thread you should be able to dig up some information. If not, give them a call, they are really good to deal with. I picked up my T-Series brake kit off them. Ordered and payed for over the phone and they were on my doorstep in 24 hours.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Territory rear brakes are what you want.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
And i can atest for how good they are... they fricken rock! :
Old 17-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
urbancowboy

what the difference between the falcon and territory rear brakes?????
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

They are bigger

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
do they fit straight up to the rears and are they single or 2 pot piston calipers?
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
do they fit straight up to the rears and are they single or 2 pot piston calipers?
Would like to know also if these fit straight on the rears of the AU1's.
Is this for I.R.S. or live axles.
Do you need a spacer between the caliper and the mounting point?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #9
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone have any more info about fitting Territory rear brakes onto
a ser1 AU with I.R.S
Old 06-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can anyone tell me if there is a different offset between BF2 and Terrority rear calipers and if there is which ones are better to use.
Will be trying to fit these to a AU SER1 XR8
Old 06-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Just some info for you, not sure if it will be of use to you.
The rear brake calipers and rotors are 100% interchangable across the entire AU range, Series 1,2 and 3, Live or IRS axle. Every single REAR brake setup on any AU is interchangable with any other AU.. from Forte S1 to T3.
Therefore every situation that has occured with Territory rear brakes on any other AU will be relevant to your AU1 with IRS.

For the record I have BA front and rear brake calipers and rotors on my series 1 with IRS.. it needed the spacer. I have heard that this is the case with every single rear brake upgrade on all AU's when using later build brakes.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Just some info for you, not sure if it will be of use to you.
The rear brake calipers and rotors are 100% interchangable across the entire AU range, Series 1,2 and 3, Live or IRS axle. Every single REAR brake setup on any AU is interchangable with any other AU.. from Forte S1 to T3.
Therefore every situation that has occured with Territory rear brakes on any other AU will be relevant to your AU1 with IRS.

For the record I have BA front and rear brake calipers and rotors on my series 1 with IRS.. it needed the spacer. I have heard that this is the case with every single rear brake upgrade on all AU's when using later build brakes.
OT - where you been hiding?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that Casper.
I asked if the calipers were the same on BF2 and Terrorities as I got a reply from Matt at Race Brakes which he said the rotors are the same but he thought the calipers could of had a different offset but was not 100 % sure if this was the case.
Just thought I'd ask here since some have used Terrority's rear brakes and others BF's.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
OT - where you been hiding?
Spent the last couple years just getting things sorted out and changing my life around. Long story but things seem to be where I want them to be and where I want to be heading now. Figured it might be a good time to say hello and see whats changed in the last 2.5 years.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT8
Iv got a brake kit for the front already on the car with twin pot calipers and ba/bf 328mm rotors, i wanted to know if the rears could be upgraded as well?.
If you're using BA/BF rotors, what twin pot calipers are you using?

From memory the BA/F have issues similar to AU with warping the front rotors quickly, I'm guessing they will last longer in the lighter AU?

I think the 6 cyl AU auto is rated to tow 1600kg braked, anyone know if going to BA/Territory brakes will increase this figure, unofficially?
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is there any difference between bf xr8/t rears and terri?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 06:27 PM   #17
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone got any info on the differences between BF and Territory rear brakes(if any).
Are both of these 328mm dia rotors ?
Old 14-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #18
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have bf xr8 premium brakes pbr2 calipers, i have`nt fitted them yet, i have been haveing difficulty locating seals for the rears, but if memory serves me front rotors are 322 mm ventilated, rears are 328 mm and ventilated, on a side note anyone trying for seals for bf xr8 premium rear calipers good luck!, the correct PBR part no. is K2935 S, Oz Seals can make the piston seals for $30.00 each,........ after looking at the pbr calipers and au2 xr6 the series 2 is not a bad size , i have a pic of a pbr2 front disc pad and my s2 xr6 disc pad and xr6 one is not bad, i would love to see the difference between a ba twin pot front caliper and s2 xr6 twin pot, i have a sneeking suspicion they may be the same, someone may be able to confirm or deny.
Old 17-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i have bf xr8 premium brakes pbr2 calipers, i have`nt fitted them yet, i have been haveing difficulty locating seals for the rears, but if memory serves me front rotors are 322 mm ventilated, rears are 328 mm and ventilated, on a side note anyone trying for seals for bf xr8 premium rear calipers good luck!, the correct PBR part no. is K2935 S, Oz Seals can make the piston seals for $30.00 each,........ after looking at the pbr calipers and au2 xr6 the series 2 is not a bad size , i have a pic of a pbr2 front disc pad and my s2 xr6 disc pad and xr6 one is not bad, i would love to see the difference between a ba twin pot front caliper and s2 xr6 twin pot, i have a sneeking suspicion they may be the same, someone may be able to confirm or deny.
The AU2/3 front calipers are slightly smaller (and a different shape) to the BA's.
Old 18-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #20
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

BF2 XR8/6T rear brakes are the same as Territory.
Territory came out with the ventilated rear rotors ... XR8 and 6T models then swapped to the Territory rears during part way through the BF range.

Territory calipers from what I have seen fit the rears fine. It's just the Territory fronts that do not fit when going the 322mm rotors (you need the 6T calipers for that)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 02:19 AM   #21
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with a bit of luck i`ll have a go at fitting them this weekend comeing, hopefully no headaches .
Old 18-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #22
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are the rear calipers on BF2 & Territory single or twin piston setup?
Old 18-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #23
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine are bf premium the rear calipers are single piston 45 mm bore, territorys are twin piston on rear.
Old 18-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

As far as I know the Territory is only single piston rears ... that's what it looked like when i had the rotors and pads off recently.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #25
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought a rear caliper kit for an sx territory for one wheel only thinking it might have the correct piston seals for my bf prem rear calipers because ford cant seem to give ma a kit with the right size seals, only to find 2 sets of seals and dust covers, later in the day i checked out the rear brakes of a terry in in the coles car park, they are definately 2 pot calipers.................and the seals were smaller than my rear calipers :(.
Old 19-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #26
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought a rear caliper kit for an sx territory for one rear wheel only thinking it might have the correct piston seals for my bf prem rear calipers because ford cant seem to give ma a kit with the right size seals, only to find 2 sets of seals and dust covers ,, i even rang them back to confirm it was the correct part number and rears given to me , and it was, later in the day i checked out the rear brakes of a terry in the coles car park, they are definately 2 pot calipers.................and the seals were smaller than than the ones needed for my rear calipers :(.
Old 19-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #27
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

woops double post please delete one moderator thx.