Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks James, you've been alot of help.

I tried to rip the inner guard out without taking the tyre off in the past but the process was abit difficult :

I'll give it a go tonight if it stops raining.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
sednwol

I have the same problem (AU Ghia) after rain, looking foward to a solution for this myself.
sednwol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #33
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Did you take a look at all the spot welds in the channel there is a common problem with the steering backet spot welds coming undone.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #34
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
Did you take a look at all the spot welds in the channel there is a common problem with the steering backet spot welds coming undone.
Are you talking to me or sednwol?

I'm not sure what/where the steering bracket is? Although whatever it is wouldn't it be on the drivers side? I'm getting water on the passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sednwol
I have the same problem (AU Ghia) after rain, looking foward to a solution for this myself.
Hopefully between FIREBELL AU3SR, you & myself we can work this out! As i said yesterday my next course of action is to rip the inner guard out and have a look in there.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 AM   #35
Firebell AU3SR

sd1800.No leak noticed after running the hose over the same area on my car.I am still waiting for some heavy rain or any rain here in Perth to see if I still have the problem!!
Firebell AU3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #36
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebell AU3SR
sd1800.No leak noticed after running the hose over the same area on my car.I am still waiting for some heavy rain or any rain here in Perth to see if I still have the problem!!
OK, good chance we don't have the same problem, because you said it drips on your feet from behind the glovebox, whereas mine weeps down the firewall underneath the carpet.

Make sure you take all the wiper cowling off and flood the ******** out of the camber and see if you get a leak.

This thread will show you how to remove:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=remove+wipers

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
Old 13-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #37
Firebell AU3SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1800
OK, good chance we don't have the same problem, because you said it drips on your feet from behind the glovebox, whereas mine weeps down the firewall underneath the carpet.

Make sure you take all the wiper cowling off and flood the ******** out of the camber and see if you get a leak.

This thread will show you how to remove:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=remove+wipers

I did this over 12 months ago and did not get a leak??? While everything was off, I put the silicon to work to be safe!!
Firebell AU3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #38
DaveTE
Back in black

Both my AU windscreens are up to be replaced mainly to do with leakage rather than damage. The silicon sealant is renouned for cracking and allowing water through and into the cabin after about 8 years. The T leaks into the drivers foot well after a wash. And the XR8 leaks straight down the windscreen from the top. Shaynet or FTe342 has an old thread on it somewhere in the T-Series Appreciation Forum thread.
DaveTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #39
greenguzzler
V8 AU Fairlane

Damn rain! Now mine has started to get heaps of water in the passenger side footwell. Going to get a new windscreen soon then i will definately go hunting for the leak. Anyone found a solution yet?
greenguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #40
Cadge

Ive got wated running down my clutch pedal straight into my shoe... any suggesions?
Old 31-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #41
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadge
Ive got wated running down my clutch pedal straight into my shoe... any suggesions?
Checked for crack in firewall yet?
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #42
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to update this thread, when I was getting some other work done on my car I asked my mechanic to rip the inner guard off and have a look. He said he couldn't see anything but regardless I have bogged up the hole in the below post with silicon and voila, no more leaks since which was about 2 months ago.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...1&postcount=17

When I get a minute I must get up in the wheel arch and have a look for myself.

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

tricky stuff water , it takes its own path and sometimes takes a while to show up, glad to see problem fixed. makes me wonder though why did your just start leaking recently, surely if it was drilled hole and should have been sealed it would have had a plug in it?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #44
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
tricky stuff water , it takes its own path and sometimes takes a while to show up, glad to see problem fixed. makes me wonder though why did your just start leaking recently, surely if it was drilled hole and should have been sealed it would have had a plug in it?
I think the problem has been there for a long time but because the old owner kept the car undercover and I keep the car undercover during the day at work, the problem never presented itself until it was parked outside and we finally got a heavy downpour. Regardless, im glad it's fixed. Now to find that damn suspension clunk!

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
Old 02-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #45
Jimmyd
Banned

Good to hear your feet are no longer getting wet, but there will still be a problem underneath it all - this has just treated the symptom.....

Front suspension clunk - first place to start would be the "D" mounts to the chassis for the front sway bar.
Even when new and we were dealing with warranty claims this was the most common cause; hate to think how many ball joints have been replaced over the years chassing these noises.
Climb under the car and grab the swaybar, push/pull up and down - there should be no movement. If there is any - and I mean ANY movement, when driving you will feel a knock through the floor and it will sound like the front end is about to fall out........

Take care, there are about 4 different size swaybars under the AU, most common in the Fairmont Ghia was 27mm & 28mm (and quite a few are bumming around with 27.5mm, just gotta love the quality control) for these common sizes we retro fitted the red Nolethane 27mm bushes rather than the Ford cavity moulded multi fit rubber bushes, note you will require a liberal coating of the lithium grease supplied on the outside of the bush as well to get the D clamp back over the bush....

Cheers

James
Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #46
greenguzzler
V8 AU Fairlane

Well i took the Fairlane to the local Ford dealer this arvo and the drain pipe for the air con is blocked and they cant get it unblocked! Any ideas before i have them tear out the dashboard? Thanks guys i am really getting
Old 08-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #47
Jimmyd
Banned

This one used to work sometimes on really stubbon cases, but you will need to run diagnostic to reset blender door afterwards : -
1. Close off dash vents and rear console vents,
2. Set on recirc,
3. Set fan to manually to max.

Pressurises the airbox/evaporator ducting, you will hear the drain clearing from the change in fan noise pitch.

Usually worth a try - used to work in about 80%-90% of cases - don't forget to run the diagnostic when finished though.....

Cheers

James
Old 08-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #48
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have many many pics of my heater in pieces...........sadly,.......... i`ll see if i can put a couple up
Old 08-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #49
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i shrunk a couple more pics, one shows the fan resistor, which i was told by mr air con bloke , to remove and the the glove box and by putting a bit of rubber hose on the end of your vacumm you can suck out the leaves, it looks easey with the dash out, looks fairly arkward to get at with the dash in but with a bit of persistance i`m sure it could be done i`ll try that pic again did`nt work last time grrrr.

Last edited by mik; 05-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:51 AM   #50
greenguzzler
V8 AU Fairlane

Hey James,
I tried to unblock it the way you said but it didnt work. Can i use an air compressor line and force air into the overflow hose or could that damage something.
Thanks Pete.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #51
Jimmyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguzzler
Hey James,
I tried to unblock it the way you said but it didnt work. Can i use an air compressor line and force air into the overflow hose or could that damage something.
Thanks Pete.
Absolute last resort before pulling the dash out, but don't just stick the nozzle in and blast away - short burst/s about 1-2 sec. should be the most you would ever need. Note that in most cases this would be a tempoary fix - the crap that is blocking the outlet will still be floating around in there.....

Cheers

James