Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
ADZILLA

Default New member needs help! :D

Hey there fella's,

New member yewwww! Dad just said for my 18th (6 weeks) that he's buying a former fleeet car, 2007 Falcon XT MkII and he's letting my keep his 2006 Falcon BA XT sedan. I'm not too familiar with Fords soo if anyone can let me know what's the go with general mods and anything to look for when playing around with parts? I'm not too sure exactly how to mod it to.

I've browse'd the show'n'shine threads but I can't seem to find the right place to get some inspiring images?! D: Sorry if I'm not providing the right amount of information of the car, once again, I'm not too sure with Fords etc, I'm mainly into turbo's but after realising it's a bit hopeless to find a decent NA S13 Silvia, I moved on. :P Anyway, cheers for the read and hope to get decent feedback. ^^

ADZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome to the forums , have a look in the b`series section your bound to find something, plenty of knowledgeable people on here.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Number one: if it's an 06, it's a BF.
Number two: it's great that he's given you a car, the NA B series 6cyl is a very modifiable engine, and as a first car, should be lots of fun.
Number three: don't wrap the thing around a tree showing off. It isn't worth it!
Head over to B series, in the community car club sub forum, and for pics head to show n shine, stickys at top of page has one called "show us ya BA/BF" jump in, abs enjoy. Hope you like the forum.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #4
seduced_xr
BF XR6

hey mate welcome to the forum, bseries are an awesome first car despite what anyone thinks. i got a BA XR6 for my first car couldnt be happier with the choice. lots of mods to be done but having the funds is always the problem, youll learn about that when you get the car haha.

bseries section is here

http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=175

members builds are here (see what everyone has done to their own car)

http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=189
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
ADZILLA

Cheers fella's soo apparently it's a 2003... >.<" Because I'm 100% sure it's a BA XT. You know, those dodgy fleet cars/taxi cars. :P
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADZILLA
Cheers fella's soo apparently it's a 2003... >.<" Because I'm 100% sure it's a BA XT. You know, those dodgy fleet cars/taxi cars. :P
Nothing wrong with a BA XT. Just check my sig

Probably easiest things to do if after looks is to lower it and put on some wheels. Not sure about engine mods, are you allowed to drive a modded car on your Ps? Plenty of poke in the standard 6cyl anyway, more than enough to get into trouble.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
ADZILLA

Hahaha, too true.
You sig?! :O I don't get it, hahaha. :P
But do you know where I can get pictures of them done up? Because it's a pain in the *** to find even 1 in the BA/BF section of the show'n'shine section. :(
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
Mad Maxine

@Adzilla: PTM means his signature, that line that appears at the bottom of all his posts.

Welcome too, by the way

Shazz

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #9
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADZILLA
Hahaha, too true.
You sig?! :O I don't get it, hahaha. :P(
Like Mad Maxine pointed out I was refering to my signature and the fact that I have a V8 XT so they can be a fun car to own.

You will just have to search through the show and shine section for the pics. There are some nice ones in there. But it all depends on what you are looking for. Also check out the build threads, there are some nice ones in there also.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
ADZILLA

Thanks a lot for your helps.