Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Porsche 918 Spyder.

Quote:
Green Light for Series Development of the 918 Spyder

Stuttgart. In its session today, the Supervisory Board of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, gave the green light for series development of the Porsche 918 Spyder. Reflecting the overwhelming response from the public and customers to the Concept Study, the Supervisory Board gave Porsche's Board of Management the mission to develop a production model based on the car already presented. This concept version of an ultra-high-performance mid-engined sports car with plug-in hybrid technology made its debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show and at Auto China in Bejing, hitting the headlines worldwide.

Michael Macht, President and Chairman of the Board of Management of Porsche AG: "Production of the 918 Spyder in a limited series proves that we are taking the right approach with Porsche Intelligent Performance featuring the combination of supreme performance and efficient drivetrain concepts. We will develop the 918 Spyder in Weissach and assemble it in Zuffenhausen. This is also a very important commitment to Germany as a manufacturing base."

The Concept Study of the 918 Spyder allows CO2 emissions of just 70 g/km, corresponding to fuel consumption of 3.0 litre/100 km (94.1 mpg imp) in the NEDC, on the one hand, and the performance of a super-sports car, on the other. This extremely efficient drivetrain technology then forms a symbiosis in the 918 Spyder with truly outstanding design and high-tech motorsport achievements. Further product details of the 918 Spyder will be disclosed in the months to come.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/28/r...or-production/

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is indeed hot...not a car I would ever drive in Australia. Some richard-head would slam the door of their beat-up crap-mobile into the side of it, and not care...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I saw it in Motor a few months back, God damn its sexy!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #4
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I can’t believe those mirrors.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
Trek
Blue blooded

The interior is way too sterile for my liking (like most cars these days...). However, most of the shape is about right, IMO. My only problem when it comes to the outside are (a) the mirrors and (b) where the exhaust pipes exit.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #6
irlewy86
Meep Meep

It'll be a damn impressive if they can deliver 3.0l/100 and the performance they're after. When I read that in Wheels I thought it was just another airy fairy concept car claim.