Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Default Where to find old Bathurst Coverages

Just had a quick ponder around you tube, & watched the beginning of the 1992 Bathurst 1000. What an awesome start seeing Tricky Johnson in his Sierra battle The Shnoz Skaife in the GTR. I was only 7 at the time & only remember the ending of it (who could forget!).

By the end of that 5min video I am left drooling for more. I've been wondering where to get the old Bathurst coverages from for awhile, as Ive been wanting to watch some of Dick Johnson's wins, the 77 race, etc.

I don't believe you can get them from channel 7 anymore. I remember a private company sells them now. I saw an ad in a car magazine, AMC I think, if I get time Ill dig one out & have a look. Im not talking about about this highlights crap either. Im talking Green Light/Australian Flag go, to Checkered flag/Podium Show, the whole kit & caboodle. I got the 06/07/08 Bathurst Coverages from V8SC Australian (previously AVESCO) but now sure how far back they can go. Not to mention the price of those 3 coverages each.....

Any information would be appreciated, I was too young to understand what it was all about back then..... But now with this years Bathurst looming, I do now..... I really, really do

Cheers
BBII

/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Bakis
XR6ED

Here in Melbourne last night 7 Mate had 6.5 hours of bathurst highlights on, only 5 races i think were shown. 2 brock wins 1 grice win and the Bond and Moffat 1-2 and the 92' GT-R 'victory' in the wet.

Weekend Cruiser/Project -1993 ED XR6

XR6ED Thread
Bakis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Search youtube or DVD's...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i could be wrong but i seem to remember seeing cd`s with bathurst cars in one of the car places , autobarn or super cheap, sorry can`t be more precise, it might be worth an enquire if nothing turns up here.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakis
Here in Melbourne last night 7 Mate had 6.5 hours of bathurst highlights on, only 5 races i think were shown. 2 brock wins 1 grice win and the Bond and Moffat 1-2 and the 92' GT-R 'victory' in the wet.
Looked it up myself before turns out 7 mate will be doing the same from 12:30 sunday morning until 5, which I think is when the actual coverage starts. But I'm not sure on whether or not being in QLD that I have to take DS into account. Since it's not a live coverage, I dont think so. I'll probably record an hr either side to make sure. Then edit it out later...
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:49 AM   #6
Snake Bite

Yeah it would be great to get the old races. The story is channel 7 sent the lot to landfill. I have the whole of 78 race but thats about it.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
Just had a quick ponder around you tube, & watched the beginning of the 1992 Bathurst 1000. What an awesome start seeing Tricky Johnson in his Sierra battle The Shnoz Skaife in the GTR. I was only 7 at the time & only remember the ending of it (who could forget!).

By the end of that 5min video I am left drooling for more. I've been wondering where to get the old Bathurst coverages from for awhile, as Ive been wanting to watch some of Dick Johnson's wins, the 77 race, etc.

I don't believe you can get them from channel 7 anymore. I remember a private company sells them now. I saw an ad in a car magazine, AMC I think, if I get time Ill dig one out & have a look. Im not talking about about this highlights crap either. Im talking Green Light/Australian Flag go, to Checkered flag/Podium Show, the whole kit & caboodle. I got the 06/07/08 Bathurst Coverages from V8SC Australian (previously AVESCO) but now sure how far back they can go. Not to mention the price of those 3 coverages each.....

Any information would be appreciated, I was too young to understand what it was all about back then..... But now with this years Bathurst looming, I do now..... I really, really do

Cheers
BBII
I'm in a simliar boat and would love to see the old races in their full. Last year when I was in Bathurst, the museum had 2 of the races in their full on VHS. (can't remember what years through). However the only DVD's i'm aware of are the Chevron highlights:

http://www.chevron.com.au/motorsport...aceseries.html
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Google Pit Stop Bookshop - they have everything, if this place doesn't have what you are looking for , it usually means that it doesn't exist.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

If you know how to torrent and have plenty of bandwidth..

AND YOU KNOW WHERE...

Almost every single year that Bathurst has been filmed is available, from Memory its around 800GB of data..

Those that want to know...PM me. I have the address BUT WILL NOT and CANNOT post in a open forum.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
If you know how to torrent and have plenty of bandwidth..

AND YOU KNOW WHERE...

Almost every single year that Bathurst has been filmed is available, from Memory its around 800GB of data..

Those that want to know...PM me. I have the address BUT WILL NOT and CANNOT post in a open forum.
I prefer not to download any type of video purely because of the poor quality of the video. Usually the resolution is reduced and the file format compressed to make downloading quicker. Hence why I would prefer to get ahold of a dvd or even better blu-ray.
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
I prefer not to download any type of video purely because of the poor quality of the video. Usually the resolution is reduced and the file format compressed to make downloading quicker. Hence why I would prefer to get ahold of a dvd or even better blu-ray.

This is based on information from what year? You know there has been remarkable improvements both in compression files and also bandwidth even in Australia, I have "rips" at home that are over 20gb in size and can tell you the picture and sound quality is better than paying some smuck 35 bucks for a standard DVD.... but you dont need to ask, good luck finding it all in one place.

Craig
Old 04-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
jason71
google is my friend

When I read the thread tittle I thought you were talking about stuff from the 70's.
92 seemed like yesterday, I was there for that race. Mabye I'm getting old.

I have this:

A VHS copy that I bought after the race. Petty I don't have a VHS player anymore.
jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

A very quick search of where I am sourcing from...

1986 Bathurst Top 10 Qualifying 1 4 2009-08-20
11:30:10 245.05
MB

1984 Bathurst 1000 3 5 --- 2010-04-26
04:58:53 4.18
GB

1993 Bathurst 1000 7 5 --- 2010-02-13
18:00:44 3.85
GB

Plus another 40 odd video files of the V8 SuperCars.

Craig