Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #1
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Default AU Auto and Hi Stall

In the search to get the fastest AU Auto wagon useless and I were doing some private testing today with useless new 2500rpm hi stall converter.

We can sort out who is faster with the slips at WSID in a few months but to see whether our mods are really an improvemnet or not we have regularly got together and swapped cars and lined the two wagons up for a bit of sport.

Anyway useless latest mod is a 2500rpm hi stall converter which stalls at 2500 and flashes to about 3000 compared to the stock 1800-2000rpm.

Having driven it I would say this is a great street mod as it really jumps off the line now compared to my car which ever since the cam seems to bog down then rev out nicely. Traction is just begining to be a problem and it is possible to overcook the launch now where on mine traction is never a problem unless being silly of course.

Lining our cars up side by side though there is a huge difference now with useless' wagon puling about a car and a half ahead of me in first gear till 60k when I start to hold the gap but not close it.

This is a great mod obviously getting the car into the powerband quicker and keeping it there. It's a big difference for a non power adding mod! Normal driving is fine too. No big difference drievn normally.

I would have to say if he can pull that distance in front of me then this car is getting seriously quick for an AU wagon. At WSID I have lined up manual XR6's pulling 14.7-14.9 that didn't get much further ahead of me!

jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post