Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Falconxr68

Default Recommended mechanic

Can anybody please recommend me a mechanic in Melbourne who knows what they are doing and is reasonably priced. I want to get what I pay for.

Reason for me asking is that I still don't have a mechanic that I can trust who does not charge ridiculous amounts.

So any help will be appreciated. Who do you guys take your cars to (if you dont service it yourself)?

I've done a search but couldn't find much

Falconxr68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Grobbo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconxr68
Can anybody please recommend me a mechanic in Melbourne who knows what they are doing and is reasonably priced. I want to get what I pay for.

Reason for me asking is that I still don't have a mechanic that I can trust who does not charge ridiculous amounts.

So any help will be appreciated. Who do you guys take your cars to (if you dont service it yourself)?

I've done a search but couldn't find much
Well ok hopefully someone has a better one but I've tried a few including Ford Dealerships and, in my area at least, Ultratune (Port Melbs) seem to be the most trustworthy. The dude knows his AU's, quotes half of what Jeffersons does, hasn't ripped me off and has done the odd thing for nothing.

Really depends on your area tho man. I've just moved to Camberwell and I saw an AU XR on a hoist on my way to work this morning - got my thinking about where to take my XR now... Would be very interested to see what others have to say!

If I don't find a good Ford Mechanic I might try Ultratune again out there - but I know they can be fairly hit and miss.
Grobbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

I heartily recommend taking your car to a local bloke at a servo
The ability to run a successful business out of a servo if you are dodgy is very difficult.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Falconxr68

Thanks for the replies, I've got a mehcanic at a servo close to me, so thats an option.

Im willing to travel if it means I get my moneys worth.

Keep em coming!
Falconxr68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try DPC performance in Campbellfield 11b truck city drive, very close to cooper st/somerton rd.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post