Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
I just paid 10k drive away for my 4/2002 AU3 XR8 Manual Sedan with 6 Months rego and RWC. Car has 110k klms on the clock and is in very good condition.
And just to show the difference between utes and sedans, my AU3 XR8 Ute, manual with 8 months rego and 85,000kms cost me $15k about 3 months ago.

Utes always hold their value, specially the XR's.
Old 13-12-2010, 12:55 AM   #32
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
It has finally become too much to bare driving the camry, not too mention trying to share a car when we work different hours is a nightmare. I am looking to spend $5000 on another falcon and was wondering if it would be enough to get an AU II or III XR6? I would love to spend more and get an 8, but I just can't do it. I was saving for a new ED but decided to save a little more and try for an AU XR6.
It will be achievable - IF you're patient and know how to negotiate.

An AU2 Fairmont would be an easy shoe-in though and in some ways can be considered nicer.

Good luck with the search!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #33
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
And just to show the difference between utes and sedans, my AU3 XR8 Ute, manual with 8 months rego and 85,000kms cost me $15k about 3 months ago.

Utes always hold their value, specially the XR's.
Id say those low klms had a pretty decent impact on the price too.. The sedans on carsales etc with similar Klms are in that 15-20k price bracket too..

Id be pretty seriously lookin at offerin that dude 5k for that red one on ebay.. It looks like it needs a bit of work, but would be a good buy at 5k.

Re an XR or somthing else... Im also going to go out on a bit of a limb here and say Id definently only get an XR, not a grand-pa-mont..
Why?? Iv not even had mine a week yet, and already Im feeling like this car is a bit special.. I never normally get attached to cars this easily..
I actually feel like this car is more special to me than my 302 BF2 GT-P that I bought new and recently sold.. Now thats a big call as this ones well down in the power department..
The XR will feel like somthing special, the Grand-pa-mont will just feel like another mum an pops comfy taxi..

Last edited by Donny; 13-12-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #34
Skeg37

Default Xr6

I hve seen a few on ebay recently for under that with no bids. I got mine off the side of the road for less than $2000, au1 needs a tidy but still a great car.
Skeg37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post