Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
HKT11K ST
Focus Driver.

Default st170 paint code

hi guys, ive got a new front lip for my '02-03 st170 (hit a fox :S) and now i need to paint it, however i've been to ford and they dont know what the paint code is (some help they are) even after giving them my VIN. I've checked for a paint code everywhere under the bonnet and on the sticker next to the drivers side door and I can't find anything. Would anyone happen to know the paint code?? All I know is that its called imperial blue (apparently the paint code Q and Q2 describe 10 different types of imperial blue)
cheers

HKT11K ST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey HKT11K ST,

i had the same issue with my silver on the focus,

your best bet is to take your car or give a part of your car to the the spray painter to match the color.

Keeping in mind that the paint on your car is 8 or so years old the color may have faded a bit. when i got the bumper sprayed the first time in the paint code ford provided, it was 3 shades darker, after re-spraying it after it was matched it was perfect. Keep in mind that it is all done via computer not by hand so it will be consistend and accurate.

my 2c

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

The paint code is on the compliance plate, and (from memory) somewhere in bottom left hand corner. So look to see if the Q or Q2 or similar is there.

That's a start, but as you correctly say, there can be a number of variations on that single colour code, depending often on build datebut it helps to start with the right code.

Then as Photn says, take it to a spray painter to get a colour match.

Mind you, I got a bloody awful match from a paint shop, and ended up with a much closer match from Autobarn.

Also, may be worthwhile going to FFOC.co.uk the UK Ford Focus Owners Club( and even joining up) and someone there will be able to give you far more accurate information
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
HKT11K ST
Focus Driver.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'll join that site melbzetec (oh and congrats on taking that trophy focus represent!! )
Old 23-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Glad to see you found a front lip! Where did you get it from?
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

I had the same issue with my Fiesta, check the glove box lid, this is also where my wheel sizes are
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
HKT11K ST
Focus Driver.

thanks for the idea twinpiston, but mine only has the tire info :( melbzetec, i got it from a body kit shop in villawood called carmate. its fibreglass not that tough plastic stuff but its better than nothing
Old 25-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
FRA
Mr Focus

St170 paint code IB
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #9
HKT11K ST
Focus Driver.

Cheers FRA shall go down to ford 2 moro