Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #31
nstg8a

Default Re: Still very much a buyers market

after my ef getting rear ended during the week i hope the buyers market continues for a little longer...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #32
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
after my ef getting rear ended during the week i hope the buyers market continues for a little longer...

Indications are, that if the Australian dollar stays or even betters where its is now, then we are going to start seeing another $1000 lopped off the price of even the low $20,000 cars. Someone mentioned the other day that come mid year, you might start seeing Lancers and Mazda 3's going for under $20,000.

It got mentioned that if Japanese buyers are reluctant to start buying cars again, and if you take into account that the aussie dollar has appreciated about 15% against the $US in the last 7 months, there are going to be unbeleivable bargains to be had.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #33
prydey
Rob

when i started the thread, i was a bit depressed as it looked like my car had moved a great deal south in just 6 months, but now that the scams have been removed, it seems the price of similar cars in s.a to mine are still about the same. while the 5 speeds are starting to edge below $20k for high km examples, low km 6speeds are still fetching a bit more so i do feel a bit better.

i'm not saying it won't depreciate though. i've been buying and selling cars long enough to know you don't make money.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #34
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMyHubcap
Good call 8. All up I have been scammed for ......the 1 minute it took me to reply via email and here is what I got:

Hi again and sorry for my late reply, I must say that the car was sent at a warehouse in Darwin,NT because I've recently moved in Spain with my job. I'm now working for Seat S.A. in Madrid, Spain so I'm forced to handle the transaction from here. I love this car but I can't afford to keep it there and I need the money fast so I can pay off some debts. I want this deal to be as smooth as possible as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and I have very short time at my disposal. I can provide you free shipping with 5 days inspection period, while you'll be able to see and test the car before buying it.
I would like to close this deal through eBay because carsales doesn't provide us any purchase protection, if that's OK with you.
We will use eBay Buyer Protection so please check this link in order to see how it works:

http://ebay-australia.transactions-a...ction/Program/

If you are a serious buyer please email me your full name and address for shipping (I remind you that the shipping is totally free so you don't need to pay any extra fees) and also your ebay user id in order to move forward.

I don't want to waste your time or mine so I hope I will get a fast reply with your decision.

Thank you,
Trent Faulkner

Wonder if that anti-scamming site is still going? Anyone taken these further to annoy the crap out of the scammers?

Cheers
WTF!!!! I get this in my email today.

Customer.Support.Carsales [customersupport@id98552-carsales.com.au]

Dear Carsales Network Customer

Our records show that you have recently made an enquiry on a Carsales Add that has been suspended for verification purposes.
Add Details
Add Title 2008 FORD FALCON
Add ID 10054151
Add Price 16,600
Seller Name Trent Faulkner
Seller Email purples389@gmail.com

We have been in contact with the seller of this vehicle, which was able to provide all the car's documents. Our staff has verified both seller and vehicle and we wish to inform you that this is a genuine sale.

We at the CarSales want to apologise for any inconvenience created. We wish you luck with the purchase of your next vehicle, and hope we can be of service in the future.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carsales Network

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 09:00 PM   #35
Blue_XR

We all know how all makes and models get affected by resale. However today I thought I'd check out F-250's on carsales. Anyway have you seen the prices of the F-250's that were brought in by Ford?

I have always wanted one of these even though I have no practical use for for it

The prices for these beasts still range from $60-90K, now isn't that what they were worth brand new? These cars are getting on in age now.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #36
stang65
FPRJET

Quote:

Our records show that you have recently made an enquiry on a Carsales Add that has been suspended for verification purposes.
Add Details
Add ID 10054151
Add Price 16,600

We have been in contact with the seller of this vehicle, which was able to provide all the car's documents. Our staff has verified both seller and vehicle and we wish to inform you that this is a genuine sale.

We at the CarSales want to apologise for any inconvenience created. We wish you luck with the purchase of your next vehicle, and hope we can be of service in the future.

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carsales Network

becareful it has been mentioned before that the email is not from carsale but is from the scammer if you wanted to verify I would ring carsales.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #37
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:

Add Details
Add ID 10054151
Add Price 16,600

Kind regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carsales Network
THAT IS A SCAM EMAIL That email address should not have @id98522 blah blah.

I bought my 2008 FG XR6 2 days ago. Pick it up in a couple of days.

Anyway, I had originally enquired on one in Sydney that was a couple of grand cheaper also with ZF 6spd. The phone number was wrong. Eventually I emailed Carsales. They said it was removed. Beware of scam emails, saying that the vehicle has been relisted.

I got such an email saying it was relisted. Then got an email from the person's email account. I looked at the time at it was 9.50pm on a Saturday night...

Rang carsales, they are only open 8-5pm M-F...

Emailed both scam mails to carsales. Also emailed to bigpond as the address was one of theirs. Probably an account that has been hacked.

Note: To protect yourself from scams, only put in basic information into the required information fields.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
PimpMyHubcap
You wanna do what??

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Article supplied on BA IRS oil change 

Freakin hilarious that people still fall for this after the original "I`m here but car isnt" answer.

Cleaning wheelie bins-
Cats are good too. Fill to about 20cm with water, add soap and cat. Hold lid firmly closed for two minutes. Be sure to stand well clear when releasing cat.

All Whirlpool gold.
PimpMyHubcap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #39
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Freakin hilarious that people still fall for this after the original "I`m here but car isnt" answer.
I remember selling an old 1974 Galant a few years back. I got several scam emails. I live in Spain, your car is fantastic. I can only make transfers for $5000 or more. If you send me $xxxx then I can send you balance...

But, in all seriousness. Those carsales scam emails where they 'confirm' all bonafides etc are correct are taking it to the next level. Easiest way to check though. Click on the advert or try to search for it on the website using a narrow search! Won't be there.

I hate phishing scum scammers.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #40
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
becareful it has been mentioned before that the email is not from carsale but is from the scammer if you wanted to verify I would ring carsales.
They misspelled Ad(vertisement) as Add, which is a sign to be cautious.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #41
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

That XB GT replica off gumtree is just around the corner from my brothers house... I might sneak a look while going past, I won't waste his time setting up an inspection cos I don't have the cash and hate time-waster/tyre-kickers but be good to see.