Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
barra265t
Banned

Default Truckies

Always had an interest in trucks but never got to know any truckies, etc. How do truckies in general cope with the laws that come in over the last decade (logbooks, safe-T-cam, etc). Without trucks, Australia stops.. so why did the industry allow all this regulation to take place, or is getting around it common practice? Is there any incentive/pressure in getting to the destination by a deadline or ahead of schedule? I couldn't personally imagine travelling the vast endless open highways of this country at legal limits (or do trucks have to go slower?) at all hours of the clock in a car, let alone a truck. What do they do to pass the time or keep alert as the miles roll by?

barra265t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Truckies

The task is more stressful than ever in the heavily regulated nazi regime we live in today.

Now, did you ever get that post out of the ground using your falcon? And was there pics taken?
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Truckies

Its a way of life,a lifestyle,that if your into it is great.
Just ask 'GasoLane'

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post