Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #31
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Another F3/Pacific Highway Debacle

Wasnt there also a truck broken down in the 90/100 zone blocking one lane?
I jumped off at the Hawksbury River exit and took Old Pac as the traffic didnt improve after the the burnt out truck.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #32
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
Wasnt there also a truck broken down in the 90/100 zone blocking one lane?
I jumped off at the Hawksbury River exit and took Old Pac as the traffic didnt improve after the the burnt out truck.
yep, broken down truck at jolls bridge. was told it was in the middle lane, just as i got to it the towie was dragging it away
Old 30-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #33
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

I don't really want to bring this thread up again, but I will.....

3 car prang, 1 fatality @ Mooney Mooney Bridge that's been active for a while now and still all they are doing are diverting cars up the old pacific highway and other roads..

delays are as little as 1hour everyone, so if you are travelling North, either leave 1hour earlier, stay home or catch a train..

Last edited by XRGhia; 30-05-2011 at 07:24 PM.
XRGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #34
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bailey on TEN said both north and southbound into Gosford were closed because of accidents. And no contra lanes because of them. Good luck getting home folks. Stay in a motel in Sydney for the night.
Old 30-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #35
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had two people ring me tonight to see if i was caught up in the traffic. apparently 4 car pile up and a fatality near (or at) gosford
Old 30-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #36
ELGT4me
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Another F3/Pacific Highway Debacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G6ET Spot
As a driver that used to run up and down the putty with Comet, I can certainly understand why transport and insurance companies stopping trucks running the road. There were nights that you had your heart in your mouth, but it was still a buzz.

For that road to get anywhere near to being in the state to run heavy transport again would take more money than the state government could scrape together over the next 50 years.

It just wont happen.

The best solution IMO would be to make the Old Pacific Highway dual carriageway.
Gee,I must have passed you somewhere, sometime, on the mighty "Putty" Road. A "buzz" it was, I never had a problem on that road . Would you believe I saw plans for a 4 lane "highway" for the Putty? Reason being there is a heap of buried coal on the western side of the Putty, but for environmental reasons , it was all cancelled. The finding of the "Wollemi Pine" tree has negated any further thoughts of upgrading the Putty. Still, it's a great drive on a cool clear night!!!
ELGT4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #37
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

I was late leaving work but was fine when i came thru although teeming rain was putting rivers over F3 at Mt White truck station and between there and Mooney..caught Ute out a few times..and one MASSIVE pothole that Civic in front of me hit hard on woy woy road...
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
This just goes to show that the Former Government's investment in a third lane all goes to waste when a truck incident still closes the only road north out of Sydney.

It is time to work on another solution.
I totally agree. The more roads out of Syd the better!!