Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default advice from home owners in Adelaide

G'day guys/gals,

I am 28 years old and have a half serious relationship (not much consideration for this topic i guess) and a kelpie cross heeler.

I currently live in Whyalla SA, 40okm west on Hwy 1 of Adelaide. I own a 2 yr old 3br home with a dbl garage and established front yard and currently working on the rear. I am looking at making the move to adealide. Have considered Melbourne where my parents live, but i like adelaide - it feels like home.

I am definitely interested in west side of adelaide, particularly beach suburbs, because im defs a beach boy, love cafes and taking my dog on the beach on weekends/down time. Im looking to put my home on the rental market, and or possible sale market pending on a possible mining boom to hit whyalla.

I am considering of anywhere between brighton - seaton. I would like a 2+ br with at least a small yard. I have been watching the real estate in adelaide for a while and 300thou seems to be a market entry figure for anything liveable in those areas.

I work in human services and i study part time at Uni (depending on where i live, i can change uni's if i need to) so work will likely be in areas such as elizabeth/port adelaide/city or south such as rynella/morphettvale/onkaparinga.

The advise i need is if 300k is really my limit, what are the suburbs which are likely to boom in the future, what kind of homes (build materials/design etc) are holding value, and other beachside suburbs i should consider as a good investment?

Any good sound advise would be much appreciated.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
prydey
Rob

Default Re: advice from home owners in Adelaide

anything around $300k around brighton/seaton will need a LOT of work.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: advice from home owners in Adelaide

Although i'd like something in the suburbs stated above areas, im happy to look in the bordering suburbs too, as long as its close to the beach. Theres a couple of places in west lakes and royal park areas. What are the bordering suburbs like?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post