Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-10-2005, 09:11 PM   #31
LUXO_8
windsor user

pointless fact for the day......it was aparently penned in 1988.....

its totally insane. i love it.
i want to see it in the flesh... it must be huge.

its aparently longer than a statesman!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #32
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I can't believe the ridiculous amount of bias on this forum. I'm as blue blooded as anyone here, but just because the thing wears a Holden badge doesn't mean you have to bag it. The car is stunning, and I only wish Ford would do something as creative and awesome as this.
Agreed

Yes its a Holden but it isnt like any other Holden ever made is it?

I can understand if people dont like it because they dont like the shape or whatever thats cool but what I cant stand is people not liking it because it wears a Holden badge.

Sorry but I think this car deserves a bit more respect then what its been given by some of you guys.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 03:40 AM   #33
VZKOOP
Silhouette F6

Nice car. That's the point really. It's a car. Who gives a rats what badge it wears? Anything that has that much effort put into it get's my vote. It could be a SKODA for all I care the thing is a work of art. As the owner of a Monaro and a Falcon you could hardly accuse me of bias.
VZKOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:00 AM   #34
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Didn't GM do this already? I think it was called... the PT Cruiser. Did it work? Yea. Was it successful? Erm...

Doesn't do anything for me, too old-fashioned. On the bright side, at least if a 4x4 rear-ends you, they'd go over you
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 01:41 PM   #35
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

PT Cruiser = Chrysler

Different to Holden imo.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #36
Franky
Bring back the Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
I can't believe the ridiculous amount of bias on this forum. I'm as blue blooded as anyone here, but just because the thing wears a Holden badge doesn't mean you have to bag it. The car is stunning, and I only wish Ford would do something as creative and awesome as this.
Look i'm sick of people telling us how to think on this forum, not veryone has to agree with you, that's the whole point of it

Nodoby says they dislike it because it's a Holden you are just making an incorrect assumpsion that people who don't like this must be one-eyed Ford fans. I think it's pointless and just because you say it's awesome doesn't mean it is either :jab:

Holden have been concepts like this for years and this is probably the most pointless of them all in terms of direction, all I said was there are better things they could have built at the moment considering the VE is coming soon. Yeah It's good the amount of effort put into building it and they deseve a pat on the back and Yes, Ford should make concept cars but if they made this i'd be dissapointed

So stop telling people what to think and appreciate other peoples input and it wasn't just you but you kinda started it all. Just remember if all concept cars recieved was positive input then we'd live in a very boring world :

Last edited by Franky; 30-10-2005 at 04:05 PM.
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #37
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
pointless fact for the day......it was aparently penned in 1988.....

its totally insane. i love it.
i want to see it in the flesh... it must be huge.

its aparently longer than a statesman!
recapping on this...
saw it in the flesh at ame...........plarkin wow!!!!!!!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #38
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Good on them for getting interest in their stand, however I certainly wouln't have bothered to look at it. After looking at the pictures on the tv I have to say I was reaching for a sick bag. What makes it look good? It is really old looking, and not in a good way.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #39
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

concept cars are supposed to give a glimps of how a car manufacturers designs are heading into the future, and will give a little idea of how future models are going to look. Now what is the point of building up an old hot rod, is this how we can expect new holdens to look like? if i wanted to see someting like this i would go to a hot-rod show, not a technology-rich International motor show.

i will give credit where credit is due, but this car is just a perfect example of how holden is all show and marketing without much real substance behind it all.
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #40
Franky
Bring back the Phase

exacly what i was trying to say, this is barely a concept car
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:41 AM   #41
bluovl

Saw this car yesterday at the AME show and it was undoubtably one of the highlights for me. Its stance was awesome and every part of it really flowed together.
I think it shows that Holden haven't lost any of its imagination and willingness to showoff (thats not a bad thing).

I've been a Ford man for as long as I can remember, but I admire Holdens efforts (Monaro convertible, Sandman van etc.).
I dont know if Ford are in a position to show its creative side or not, but it would be nice to know if their design team has any sense of adventure.

Dale
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post