Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #1
stang65
FPRJET

Default Should the bagging of Ford products be tolerated on this forum

I am a loyal ford fan , I appreciate there are other cars. But when i come on to a Ford forum and see forum members advise other forum members not to
buy Fords I think this forum is starting to lose it`s way. I come here to share the passion and learn things not to watch people throw mud at a product.

Originally Posted by XXXX
Ranger will hold it's value and is a good looking car that has a chance of offroading.

Territory is a half cooked abortion, that will be worth all of 20 bucks in 2 years, and looks like a half baked rehash of a 10YO design with poorly matching front, and rear design, that look amazingly shocking with the circa 02' midsection. BA inner door trims still? Oh Elle oh Elle Ford...
y the Ford brand but buy other brands. I think that is down right wrong.

Quote XXXXXXX
I like you. You are like me!

As it stands, given most Ford dealers can barely be trusted with the most basic Falcon, let alone a complex T/D 4wd....maybe look at Hilux/Navara/Amarok?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Should the bagging of Ford products be tolerated on this forum

This forum has a diverse range of people and whilst I am a Ford person through and through, I don't mind that other people have other brands as their favourite. It helps sometimes to have another point of view voiced... that being said, I could do with seeing less bagging and more support....it is Ford Forums after all.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang65
I am a loyal ford fan , I appreciate there are other cars. But when i come on to a Ford forum and see forum members advise other forum members not to
buy Fords I think this forum is starting to lose it`s way. I come here to share the passion and learn things not to watch people throw mud at a product.

Originally Posted by XXXX
Ranger will hold it's value and is a good looking car that has a chance of offroading.

Territory is a half cooked abortion, that will be worth all of 20 bucks in 2 years, and looks like a half baked rehash of a 10YO design with poorly matching front, and rear design, that look amazingly shocking with the circa 02' midsection. BA inner door trims still? Oh Elle oh Elle Ford...
y the Ford brand but buy other brands. I think that is down right wrong.

Quote XXXXXXX
I like you. You are like me!

As it stands, given most Ford dealers can barely be trusted with the most basic Falcon, let alone a complex T/D 4wd....maybe look at Hilux/Navara/Amarok?
blaa blaa blaa try spending $70k+ and then be right royally ****** over in every way with warranty and the quality of repairs carried out.... love fords.. i just wouldnt touch a new one as long as my *** points to the ground....
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
stang65
FPRJET

I have spent over $100K I have an xr6 turbo bought new and wife has a Territory bought new. I`m very happy with my cars. You can buy any brand and have problems.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and lol about the sunroof recall.. honestly i would rather put a hammer through it and pay to fix it myself than let any muppet fraud dealer near my car ever again.....
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
blaa blaa blaa try spending $70k+ and then be right royally ****** over in every way with warranty and the quality of repairs carried out.... love fords.. i just wouldnt touch a new one as long as my *** points to the ground....
Happens with all manufacturers. Probably more so with the Aussie ones but still Ford aren't alone.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
thedutchman92

These forums are democratic remember
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige

I'm pretty positive that's not everyone's experience with Ford, or any other make for that matter. The problem is, these people add very little (if any) to discussions but push people away from the brand. So Stang, I don't believe it should be tolerated. Give them a holiday.

The new T's & C's are out, I see no reason someone can/should be allowed to slag off a brand (that, people have signed up to support) and not be reprimanded. But someone who argues with them has a holiday for baiting.

As far as I'm concerned, I know the internet is great for the nameless/faceless anonymous. But if they don't offer anything to the forums, have nothing positive to add or simply lack the ability to think before they type, they have no reason to be on a brand based forum (or any forum for that point)

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

This could get ugly quickly so will say something on how we see things (as mods ..... me anyway)

All opinions from everyone should be taken on board and respected by everyone else. But if the bagging is just that .... a bagging out of a car that would offend someone who owns one and is not topical to the discussion (Such as the above quoted) really are not necessary and regarded as augmentative and can be deemed offensive to people who do come on this site because it is a passion.

If the opinion is fact and worth discussing then by all means but I wouldn't bag out anyone's car here or in person ..... most people wouldn't either but in a forum many find it easy to bag out or just generally offend others because they can hide behind a keyboard.

The comments in the OP should have been reported as obviously someone has been offended by the comments.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread