Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #61
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: Baby escapes dad's high speed "Racing" crash

what he did was stupid and intollarable yes . but please remember this praobably all happened from the decision to the pole in about 15 seconds or less . thats how quickly a bad decision can kill someone and make you look like the biggest fool on the planet , people falsely get the idea that someone dying takes time and foolishness over minutes , not seconds .
what i'm trying to say is you only have to lose your responsibility for 10 seconds sometimes and then your a big fool .
Old 27-11-2011, 11:20 AM   #62
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Obviously you didn't hear that the man died in hospital.
Edited my post now.....

The story says 40 over - so he could really have been doing "only" 80, not 110 (if the 40 over was in the roadworks zone).

Still, pretty sad.......
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #63
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yes the 37 year old died.

I used to live in that area and i was always dodging psycho's in that stretch. Ironically it goes past a huge cemetery.

To do what they allegedly did in that area, they'd have to be completely out of their mind. There are turn-offs and traffic entering points everywhere. Saw it plenty of times when i lived there though.
Old 27-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #64
martyk54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
To do what they allegedly did in that area, they'd have to be completely out of their mind. There are turn-offs and traffic entering points everywhere. Saw it plenty of times when i lived there though.
Interesting you say about turn-off points... the amount of times I see clowns speeding through these types of streets is just insane, I'm always baffled by how many don't see the risk. Same goes for 40-50 zones in suburban streets w/parked cars on the sides of the road etc. Often doing 50 doesn't even seem safe to me.

This is just a lack of common sense. A good driver doesn't necessarily need to be told what speed to do in any given area or circumstance (speeding not inclusive). Half the time I think people are just too distant when behind the wheel... when I think about it, this is how many people make their way through life in general. God help the young daughter.
Old 27-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #65
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
what he did was stupid and intollarable yes . but please remember this praobably all happened from the decision to the pole in about 15 seconds or less . thats how quickly a bad decision can kill someone and make you look like the biggest fool on the planet , people falsely get the idea that someone dying takes time and foolishness over minutes , not seconds .
what i'm trying to say is you only have to lose your responsibility for 10 seconds sometimes and then your a big fool .
totally agree with your post, including the bold bit
Old 27-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #66
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I think my post may not have been understood. I am not condoning his actions, but I can't judge him as it is hypocritical. I can call him a moron etc, but 10yrs ago I lost my licence for doing 140 in a 70 zone. Sure it was only me on the road and it was a dual carriageway with no roads coming onto it, but I did it. The only difference is I never drove whilst suspended and I have not lost a demerit point since, plus I didn't have a kid in the car. However we all speed at some point in time and it only takes one error, or blown tyre etc and we will be judged just like we are judging the driver now. What I am saying is, we can call him stupid for driving under curfew, we can call him stupid for having his kid in the car, we can call him stupid for going through the roadworks at speed, but we can't call him stupid for speeding on public roads as all of us at some point have, not necessarily to the same extent, but one error from us whilst speeding on a public road and we too would be getting judged just like this guy.
Old 27-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27
I think my post may not have been understood. I am not condoning his actions, but I can't judge him as it is hypocritical. I can call him a moron etc, but 10yrs ago I lost my licence for doing 140 in a 70 zone. Sure it was only me on the road and it was a dual carriageway with no roads coming onto it, but I did it. The only difference is I never drove whilst suspended and I have not lost a demerit point since, plus I didn't have a kid in the car. However we all speed at some point in time and it only takes one error, or blown tyre etc and we will be judged just like we are judging the driver now. What I am saying is, we can call him stupid for driving under curfew, we can call him stupid for having his kid in the car, we can call him stupid for going through the roadworks at speed, but we can't call him stupid for speeding on public roads as all of us at some point have, not necessarily to the same extent, but one error from us whilst speeding on a public road and we too would be getting judged just like this guy.
You don't need to defend your statement.

Self righteous anonymous lynch mobs abound on the internet hiding under virtual rocks waiting with abated breath to be shocked and offended.
The big advantage of being a keyboard warrior is that you can push any myopic opinion or agenda without fear of being found out or actually having to do anything about or deal with the consequences of your actions.
Old 27-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #68
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
You don't need to defend your statement.

Self righteous anonymous lynch mobs abound on the internet hiding under virtual rocks waiting with abated breath to be shocked and offended.
The big advantage of being a keyboard warrior is that you can push any myopic opinion or agenda without fear of being found out or actually having to do anything about or deal with the consequences of your actions.
my post is based on intimate knowledge of that stretch of road, which is littered with turn-offs, u-turn/right turn points, houses, businesses, car yards and so on. I don't see a lynch mob, i see a passionate response to a pretty messed up and ill-thought-out scenario.

No one's claiming to be a saint, none of us are.

The story goes that he (28 year old) met with two other male friends (including the 37 year old) at a supermarket carpark, then decided to head back to one of their homes to play computer games. They obviously decided they were already in one on the way home.

It's a dodgy area. A few weeks ago i was up the road about 400m from the crash area, and nearly ran over a guy who ran right out infront of me onto the Hume hwy, carrying a chestful of products he'd just stolen from a store on the left. He was being chased. There's just not a lot of good going on around there.
Old 27-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #69
LTDHO
The one and only

Car crash with a baby inside? As sad as it is to hear/see this hardly makes news.

Sad thing is accidents happen a lot with young children in the car from drivers doing stupid things.

This only made news due to the 'hoon' element. What about all the other crashes?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 27-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #70
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Car crash with a baby inside? As sad as it is to hear/see this hardly makes news.

Sad thing is accidents happen a lot with young children in the car from drivers doing stupid things.

This only made news due to the 'hoon' element. What about all the other crashes?

Actually it is news and you seem to be down playing the stupidy of this person.

Having an accident while driving with your kids in the car is one thing, racing while suspended with a baby in the back and crashing are two totally different scenarios...

An accident is just that.... an accident!
But pushing ones luck by deliberately being an idiot is another.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 27-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #71
prasac
Banned

what if he was a Ford forum member and didn't have his kid in the car or crash? it's hilarious, half of you would be applauding his efforts. it seems when people crash or do something stupid while street racing, the whole AFF goes up in flames calling them idiots for racing. then when there forum buddy street races (minus baby in the car), they are ''fully sick''

Last edited by prasac; 27-11-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 27-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #72
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No sympathy for him. Neatly removed himself from the gene pool. Just great the kid survived. Wouldn't care if he was a Ford forum member either...if you are street racing with your baby in the car, you deserve everything you get.

It's good that the vast majority of posts on here have just about the same sentiment...it shows again that the stereotype they continually try to portray of car enthusiasts is wrong. Bogans have websites and Failbook pages set up a memorials to thier dead mates, doing burnouts at the death site, hammering the pigs for "ruining thier fun", and saying they were doing nothing wrong but having a bit of fun.

Bullcrap..."having a bit of fun" is going out to deserted country road and having a squirt. "Having a squirt" in town, in a crowded area, with your fricking baby in the car, does not make you a hero. It makes you a bloody moron who deserves something harsh to happen to them. Unfortunately they usually take an innocent person with them.

Some brain-dead half wits have no concept of the idea of "Time and Place"...
Old 27-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #73
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
No sympathy for him. Neatly removed himself from the gene pool. Just great the kid survived
i am pretty certain, he didn't remove himself from the gene pool - he removed his mate from the gene pool. the baby was in the car that gave the fatal vehicle a tap

that info doesn't change anything i know, but a whole lot of people don't seem to know the facts before posting
Old 27-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #74
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

I could care less for the 'who's right, and who's a hypocrit'...In all this, I feel for the child. Wrong place? Maybe...but seeing that both parents were present in the vehicle...it doesn't give me much hope for that poor kids future.

Regardless of all of that, someone has died, when they probably shouldn't have - saying that they deserve it is a sad indictment of what our society has become...no one deserves to die like that...period.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 27-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #75
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
what if he was a Ford forum member and didn't have his kid in the car or crash? it's hilarious, half of you would be applauding his efforts. it seems when people crash or do something stupid while street racing, the whole AFF goes up in flames calling them idiots for racing. then when there forum buddy street races (minus baby in the car), they are ''fully sick''
Quoted for truth.
Although you won't read it on here when it does happen.
Old 27-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #76
prasac
Banned

less and less kids read or watch the news these days, so you can write a million street racing stories and it won't deter anyone.

i've got nothing against street racing or speeding. it's your choice and you live with the consquences if something happens. what i don't like is when people going onto forums bragging about it. i might tell a mate, maybe only 20-30 people hear about it. but, on a forum where potentially thousands of people will see it i wouldn't say it. you get alot of kids come onto these types of forums, read how so and so raced a this and that and blew 'em away and the other forum members give 'em love for doing it. you then get those same influential kids go out and try and do the same because they want to earn respect from the forum members, see how fast there car is or for some other reason.
Old 27-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #77
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:
less and less kids read or watch the news these days, so you can write a million street racing stories and it won't deter anyone.

i've got nothing against street racing or speeding. it's your choice and you live with the consquences if something happens. what i don't like is when people going onto forums bragging about it. i might tell a mate, maybe only 20-30 people hear about it. but, on a forum where potentially thousands of people will see it i wouldn't say it. you get alot of kids come onto these types of forums, read how so and so raced a this and that and blew 'em away and the other forum members give 'em love for doing it. you then get those same influential kids go out and try and do the same because they want to earn respect from the forum members, see how fast there car is or for some other reason.
I'm not sure about the whole thing about a forum influencing a kid to go street racing, if a kid and his mates want to race on the streets they will do it, reading about it on a forum would have nothing to do with it.
The fact that they enjoy driving their cars and might be a bit completive would have a lot more to do with it than reading about some bloke dragging off another bloke through a forum. Hell when I first joined these forums and saw stories of people beating other people at the lights, it definitely didn't influence me on the road. As a 17 year old when I pulled up against someone at the lights in my XR6 if I wanted to do it (race), I would be because I decided to, not because I was 'influenced' into doing it.
Also, the times I have heard people talking about dragging someone off at the lights it has never come across as trying to earn respect on a bloody internet forum. It's just someone sharing an experience when they were out on the road. Who knows, I just might be reading it wrong...

This thread seems to be going nowhere now. And yes, I am not helping the matter, just my opinion though...
Old 27-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #78
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCo
I'm not sure about the whole thing about a forum influencing a kid to go street racing, if a kid and his mates want to race on the streets they will do it, reading about it on a forum would have nothing to do with it.
The fact that they enjoy driving their cars and might be a bit completive would have a lot more to do with it than reading about some bloke dragging off another bloke through a forum. Hell when I first joined these forums and saw stories of people beating other people at the lights, it definitely didn't influence me on the road. As a 17 year old when I pulled up against someone at the lights in my XR6 if I wanted to do it (race), I would be because I decided to, not because I was 'influenced' into doing it.
Also, the times I have heard people talking about dragging someone off at the lights it has never come across as trying to earn respect on a bloody internet forum. It's just someone sharing an experience when they were out on the road. Who knows, I just might be reading it wrong...

This thread seems to be going nowhere now. And yes, I am not helping the matter, just my opinion though...
not everyone is the same unfortunately. the way i see it, if the moderators here didn't feel it was an issue then they would allow everyone to post about there street racing experiences.
Old 27-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #79
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:
not everyone is the same unfortunately. the way i see it, if the moderators here didn't feel it was an issue then they would allow everyone to post about there street racing experiences.
You're right they're not, but a huge amount of people don't read car forums. All I am saying is that more often than not, it will be their mates that influence someone into doing something not a forum. From a 21 year olds point of view this is how I see it, especially in my area. I am not going to get into what moderators do or don't do on here in regards to posting of street racing details.
Old 27-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #80
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToCo
You're right they're not, but a huge amount of people don't read car forums. All I am saying is that more often than not, it will be their mates that influence someone into doing something not a forum. From a 21 year olds point of view this is how I see it, especially in my area. I am not going to get into what moderators do or don't do on here in regards to posting of street racing details.
mates are the biggest cause of it 100%. but, still u don't want to promote street racing even if it influences 1 person, it's 1 person that could potentially die or kill someone. there are drag strips for a reason, most states have them, if not go out back of woop woop and go for it.
Old 27-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #81
ToCo
Drives a Ute!

Quote:
mates are the biggest cause of it 100%. but, still u don't want to promote street racing even if it influences 1 person, it's 1 person that could potentially die or kill someone. there are drag strips for a reason, most states have them, if not go out back of woop woop and go for it.
Totally agree on that mate.
Old 27-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #82
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No sympathy from here . Chalk one 1 win up for the darwin awards and 1 potential one , just hope he leaves his missus and kid out of it..
Old 27-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #83
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Well everyone has voiced their opinion , perhaps it is time for this to close?
Old 27-11-2011, 08:51 PM   #84
Falcman0o7
Banned

I'm glad the commodore exists otherwise id be driving hyundais.
What a bogan.
Poor lil bub.
Old 27-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #85
Bridgette01
Happy Wife = Happy Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Well everyone has voiced their opinion , perhaps it is time for this to close?
Agreed

G6ET 2010 Seduce. Tax return = GTX upgrade DONE
Old 27-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #86
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Seconded !!!
Old 27-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #87
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Night night, topic done and dusted.
Closed Thread