Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Commodore exports failing - Carsguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Its funny I started a thread a while back suggesting them bring back a taxi pack. Everyone seemed to disagree with me.
Having Mercedes taxi's doesn't seem to hurt MD so I agree the increased sales volume of new Falcons as cabs can only help. Maybe there needs to be much better work between the taxi bodies, owners and Ford so that cars are better maintained, turned over more regularly with some form of Ford incentive so that worn out hacks aren't the perception of the public. Maybe Ford could take back the used cabs earlier and through a third party, recondition and sell them off for youth driver training, charity organisations, etc where a postive is gained through community assistance. I think this is where the wagon would have been perfect, maybe a generation behind the sedan but with lilpg the tank/spare tyre issue is less of a problem.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #62
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This one says ALLOT!!

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25794800191DC0
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #63
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont believe I have seen this before. Just when Holden thought the $200 million they lost from the G8 program was behind them, it looks like they may have to make more provisions this year.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/144687/h...iac-g8-recall/
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #64
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Quote:
A LEADING Holden official says the company would need to manage its costs better if the Commodore is out-sold by the Cruze small car.
It certainly does. It says that there isn't as much competition in the large sedan market compared to the small car market, where the Cruze resides.

We are getting shafted as consumers.
Old 27-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #65
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Shafted by consumers, or not shifting to consumers?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #66
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Shafted by consumers, or not shifting to consumers?
Probably both, but we know that Holden could never compete in it's current form with Korean imports of the exact same car when it comes to building the thing. Same goes with all the other small cars in the catergory.

If we could only have the competition in the large car market that the small cars have.
Old 27-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #67
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda
Dont believe I have seen this before. Just when Holden thought the $200 million they lost from the G8 program was behind them, it looks like they may have to make more provisions this year.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/144687/h...iac-g8-recall/
Just more pain with exportmodel unique set ups not working, I do hope Holden can find a quick fix...

Regarding existing Caprice PPV:
Holden were telling everyone who would listen that Caprice PPV was going to be a huge success
and with nearly 10,000 pre-orders, it would replace most of Ford's Crown Victoria yearly sales ...

Caprice PPV is an unmittigated disaster, US police Departments are staying away in droves,
this Friday I hope to post figures for october but like many, I'm not expecting much change...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #68
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I'm not normally a betting man but I'd say that Holden is having kittens over what to do with Commodore,
it's their main car and the thought of Cruze occupying ever increasing production space is actually
not a good thing if all they do is replace $40K Commodore sales with $20K Cruze sales...
I can see Holden going out backwards if that keeps happening, especially if Ford snatches back fleets,

It's as though Holden substituted one bad idea (exports) for another, building less profitable cars here..

Unfortunately in Australia you need units that will yield a better profit per unit then trying to pump out large numbers (as we have a small market compared to the rest of the world). When Ford went and rebalanced the line early in the year it was actually a smart move as it should allow them to be able to balance the model mix on the line so they can pump out more terri's, LPG then having to build to a particular sequence. Also if they need more cars they can run Saturday production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Having Mercedes taxi's doesn't seem to hurt MD so I agree the increased sales volume of new Falcons as cabs can only help. Maybe there needs to be much better work between the taxi bodies, owners and Ford so that cars are better maintained, turned over more regularly with some form of Ford incentive so that worn out hacks aren't the perception of the public. Maybe Ford could take back the used cabs earlier and through a third party, recondition and sell them off for youth driver training, charity organisations, etc where a postive is gained through community assistance. I think this is where the wagon would have been perfect, maybe a generation behind the sedan but with lilpg the tank/spare tyre issue is less of a problem.
Yeah my idea behind the taxi pack was to have an XT only with vinyl throughout (as drunk passengers can be a problem).

A wagon version would have been perfect but unfortunate it was going to cost to much to get it euro4 compliant. Wagin was a great profit maker..hence why it survived the axe back in 06.

Also good to hear about LPi going well.