Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #61
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Who is your favourite V8 supercar drive of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
OK, I stand corrected, but isn't 500Ml x 1.6= 800Km.
Still my "hero".
yes, true. just did the calculations and it was around 802 km . i must have got confused with the 130 laps they did and put the 30 at the end of the kilometre amount

he will always be my hero too. no one else comes close in my opinion
i am very pedantic when it comes to others building the legend of brock and others when the actual events were different to peoples beliefs. in trying not to have a selective memory, i downgraded moff's achievement in your posts

sorry, but i will always point out problems with brock's stories, so am just trying to be fair when my hero is concerned
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #62
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Who is your favourite V8 supercharge drive of all time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67

you said you agreed with bushbasher. that is fine, but by quoting my post to agree with him, you are disagreeing with me. if there is a bee in my bonnet, then that is because someone bought into a discussion, with little knowledge or by disregarding most of the previous posts. my facts were right. bushbasher's were wrong. if you or others do not know facts, maybe you should not post. if you disagree with one line, then maybe you should read the rest of the thread before posting. it ain't that hard to check. i guess it is just easier to start arguments based on fiction

until you bought into it with selective quoting, that still is not right, this part of the discussion seemed to be finished and we were back on topic

And of course, because someone disagrees with you, they have to be wrong. You have to twist things around just to confirm you are right, as shown by you're highlighting of comments.

So yes, of course, the discussion has to now move back onto the topic area, you feel more comfortable with. Can't have a moderator proven wrong by some person of a lower ranking than yourself now.

Regardless of this incident in question, it was still a terrific drive by Perkins and Ingall, in conjusnction with his pit crew and some fortune falling their way.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #63
billy302

There are and were many great drivers in V8 racing in this country.
People have mentioned Peter Brock's drive in the wet, but I give you Mark skaif and Jim Richards at Bathurst driving Godzilla also in the wet on slicks.
My all time favourite has to be the Geoghegan brothers. Drove Bathurst in business suits, complete with hat back in the mid 60's
billy302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #64
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Current drivers? Got to be Lowndes.

Of all time? I think I might be a bit too young to comment on that. :P

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #65
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy302
People have mentioned Peter Brock's drive in the wet, but I give you Mark skaif and Jim Richards at Bathurst driving Godzilla also in the wet on slicks.
Whats so impressive about putting your car into the wall?

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #66
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

This thread is supposed to be Who is your favourite Supercharged (Supposed to be Supercar...Makes me have a little giggle at the phone posted error everytime I see it ) driver of all time, not...Why would you pick him, and how many races did he really win...etc etc ad infinitum!

Who you choose as your favourite is who you choose as your favourite..Can we please stay on topic before this thread gets locked.

Cheers
Col
Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #67
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Current favorite: lowndes, van giz, and Murphy
All time moffat, Murray carter, Brock and bowe
I know carter was one of the only racers driving for ford in the 70's when they canned the racing program