Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #61
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
and yes i dont like Insurance companies,i had my car stolen and spent the next 6 months been called a scammer and thief by RACQ insurance investigators even had to go to police and get a copy of my criminal history and QLD Transport for a copy of my driving record ( both which cost over $20) at my own expense, then when they saw i had no records from #Police started a new line by questioning my friends and family,never an apology after all this,even told by police that its illegal for them to demand this info but also if i did not do it then i would never get paid,catch 22.
so f%%k em,
he has a perfect rite to report his mate as a thief if driving without permission
You had to pay over $20? Wow, you must have saved for that! Next time you will know it will save you this money by lodging a fraudulent claim and then being arrested. At least your records will show this and will ot be a waste of $20!! [end sarcasm]
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
he has a perfect rite to report his mate as a thief if driving without permission
He obviously had the keys to the ute therefore it would be hard to prove that he stole it. Why would he leave the keys if they weren't allowed to use it? He can park it in his mate's backyard and take the keys with him.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 10:49 AM   #63
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

No Nicholas, he does not. You have been told fraud is a crime, so stop suggesting it.

Now, from the pics we see that a fire extinguisher was used initially. I would have hoped the driver, in his expertise, remembered to immediately switch off the ignition of the crashed car (to prevent fuel from spraying), and that he then took steps to immediately open the bonnet, so the 12 seconds or so spray from the extinguisher would be put to most efficient use.

A few out there really do try and spray between the bonnet and fender, very strange.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #64
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
hope no one here would ad to the owners pain by contacting the insurance company,its not his fault and what an ******** thing to do to him after he sees what been done.he would be much better off reporting his mate as stealing the car.,
Although, that would be insurance fraud. If he got caught, he would go to jail. The smartest thing to do would be to tell him to pay up or face court costs.
Old 15-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #65
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

But he didnt have a hazard-warning triangle out did he? Just proves what a silly fool he is
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #66
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I'm speechless!! Just the most unbelieveable stupidity. What posessed the owner to leave his ute in the "care" of such a ********?

If it were my ute, I'd give myself an uppercut for leaving it with that ******** then go after him with a baseball bat. Some mate that bloke proved to be.

Is there a follow up to this? Any reports of a murder in QLD?

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #67
big_waity
Windsor Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Nicolas, Best you get a dictionary and look up the work FRAUD.

Committing this is an offence.
You beet me to it! lol
Old 15-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #68
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

If, as thread starter said, this had been going on for a week or two, why hadn't any parent (who had kids playing in that street), or anyone who had a car parked in that street, tapped this ****er on the shoulder and said cut it out???

That crushed tree could easily have been someone washing their car, or a kid on a bike.

I hope they throw the book at him, and his mate lays him out.
Old 15-11-2005, 12:32 PM   #69
BuuBox

That's what ya get for lending ya VN driving mate a real car... :P Seriously though, what an absolute twit. Thankfully no one but the poor ute was harmed.

I bet you both parties involved will have a few regrets for a while.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #70
parawolf
beep beep

Nothing like money to come between friends. The 'friend' did this, and is responsible, and should have to pay - if not, face court costs. A 'friend' does not treat another 'friends' $40k+ property like a $10 toy.

Now, if you left strict instructions with the 'friend' in possession of the car to say he can only use it to move it out of the driveway to get another vehicle in and out while you are on holidays, then potentially any other use could be deemed as theft, however the insurance company would want to recover costs from the 'friend' anyway. So no real difference.

He was breaking the law, that means any insurance is null and void. Just like if you have an accident while DUI. You are now on your own to extract your pound of flesh from this 'friend'.
Old 15-11-2005, 02:00 PM   #71
jmc-007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
To add insult to injury, is that a defect sticker on the front in the last picture? Like you could drive it without a gearbox and engine anyways : :.

I was wondering what that sticker was a defect or some other nasty one not allowing the car back on the road.

but that sucks. I know it is a machine but its annoying when idiots do these things I would be heart broken if it was my car. ( I wouldnt lend it out to someone though if i knew they were going to distroy it)
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #72
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another fool and the cops do nothing

We had a Black LC Torana with a bug catcher out the bonnet and a tubbed rear end QLD rego No MR 308 in our street a few weeks ago and when he left his dick head mates place he lit the bags up , this is not the first time either and I was out the front mowing the lawn and happen to have my mobile on me with a camera and snapped about 5 shots in varying states of smoke - rang the Police to report it and they did not want to know about it - I told them who I was, my phone number and address, the address of the grubs he was visiting, and car description and rego number and I had photos of the incident and black lines and there response was we just don't give out tickets willy nilly you know but you can come in and write up an incident report if you wish : so much for the hooning laws..
I have brake fluid and a few decent size rocks handy for the next time as well as a few of the neighbours are equipted as well. :jab:
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 02:36 PM   #73
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
To add insult to injury, is that a defect sticker on the front in the last picture?
They have a "CAution Airbag not Deloyed" Sticker they plonk on the car for safety reasons.. That mightn't be the exact wording of the sticker but that is the jist of it

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #74
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
AU XR8 you know but you can come in and write up an incident report if you wish.
Would not this be the better option ?
Quote:
I have brake fluid and a few decent size rocks handy for the next time as well as a few of the neighbours are equipted as well
You would want to make sure this was where you wanted to go as it could land you in a whole heap of trouble and disaster (S), imagine the neighbour throws the rock, smashes the windscreen hits the driver , he looses control , swerves, hits poor mrs brown standing on the footpath watching. Now you have a fatality, police ambulance, and whole lot of explaining and grief, for many months to come, and really would make the lynchmob no better than the person driving the car ?

Just thinking out loud (and back in my box)
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #75
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

What an idiot! Some friend, hope he's got a spare XR8 ute cause it would be easier and cheaper to buy a new one than fix that one

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #76
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Exactly the reason why I don't let anyone drive my car regardless of what it is worth!
exactly.
Old 15-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #77
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU XR8
We had a Black LC Torana with a bug catcher out the bonnet and a tubbed rear end QLD rego No MR 308 in our street a few weeks ago and when he left his dick head mates place he lit the bags up , this is not the first time either and I was out the front mowing the lawn and happen to have my mobile on me with a camera and snapped about 5 shots in varying states of smoke - rang the Police to report it and they did not want to know about it - I told them who I was, my phone number and address, the address of the grubs he was visiting, and car description and rego number and I had photos of the incident and black lines and there response was we just don't give out tickets willy nilly you know but you can come in and write up an incident report if you wish : so much for the hooning laws..
I have brake fluid and a few decent size rocks handy for the next time as well as a few of the neighbours are equipted as well. :jab:

I Can totally relate to all of the above
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 05:52 PM   #78
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
They have a "CAution Airbag not Deloyed" Sticker they plonk on the car for safety reasons.. That mightn't be the exact wording of the sticker but that is the jist of it
i'll bet it says something very similar to ""warning-do not start / do not remove""

they'll also plonk a sticker across the ignition barrel when it gets to the holding yard...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2005, 10:39 PM   #79
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
and yes i dont like Insurance companies,i had my car stolen and spent the next 6 months been called a scammer and thief by RACQ insurance investigators even had to go to police and get a copy of my criminal history and QLD Transport for a copy of my driving record ( both which cost over $20) at my own expense, then when they saw i had no records from #Police started a new line by questioning my friends and family,never an apology after all this,even told by police that its illegal for them to demand this info but also if i did not do it then i would never get paid,catch 22.
so f%%k em,
Well you have a few problems there with your line of thinking.

Lets for arguments sake say he did report his mate as a thief.
Logically look at the events.
His mate had the car, the keys and mates permission to drive it.
His friend smashes the car, (which obviously everyone in neighbourhood saw and heard). He would report his mate after the smash???? that just aint gunna hold up in a time line of the events with the very obvious witness's that I'm sure the police took names of for thier report. So not only does he get his claim denied he gets the bonus prize of being charged with insurance fraud.
Think about what you say before you speak.
Insurance companies are not stupid they do all sorts of checks if they believe it does not add up and rightly so. I am sure there must of been some to make RACQ take so long to follow yours up, sometimes it can be an uncoperative mate causing a delay by not making themselves available to interview or simply act in your best intrests, usually because they have something to hide.
Old 15-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #80
romaniac
holla at cha boy

worst
romaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #81
Steve_T

If I was there I would have gone up and thumped the guy in the head purely out of principal!

What'd he do to the rear axle? - it looks rather stuffed.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 08:14 AM   #82
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have just been re reading my posts trying to see where i said anything about fraud,i said why would you want to help them,let them do their own dirty work, as for comments about me ripping them off when my car was stolen,dont ever call me a thief even in snide joke mode,and as for smart **** comments about cost of records it was not amount that i was upset about its the fact i had to pay for info they were not entitled to,plus the hour i had to take off work each time,(more money) and boss not happy.
as for higher premiums ,third party insurance has decreased in QLD due to less claims according to my Suncorp office,6months reg cover $187.50 two years ago,last week $152
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #83
LTDHO
The one and only

Where did you say anything about fraud?
Quote:
he would be much better off reporting his mate as stealing the car
My comments were about the $20 you said you had to spend. You did not refer to anything else. I can not read your mind. You will find that the insurance company is entitled to this information, refer to your PDS.

Fraud is a major factor to premiums going up and if fraudulent claims can be filted out and denied then that is better for all policy holders, including you.

The let them do the work view you have not only is inconsiderate, but not assisting your insurer can be a breach of the policy. The more work they have, the more staff and more the premiums go up.

Try looking at the big picture. Not just yours.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #84
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

your comments this time are fair enough,point taken, p.s. do you have any idea how embarrased i was going into a Police Station and paying them for a piece of paper that i already knew would be clean as i have never been in trouble for anything .and have the police woman look at me like a was something she had stepped on,as im sure she thought i was some old crim.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #85
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
i have just been re reading my posts trying to see where i said anything about fraud,i said why would you want to help them,let them do their own dirty work, as for comments about me ripping them off when my car was stolen,dont ever call me a thief even in snide joke mode,and as for smart **** comments about cost of records it was not amount that i was upset about its the fact i had to pay for info they were not entitled to,plus the hour i had to take off work each time,(more money) and boss not happy.
as for higher premiums ,third party insurance has decreased in QLD due to less claims according to my Suncorp office,6months reg cover $187.50 two years ago,last week $152
You refer to CTP there and the price of it decreasing. Your Suncorp officer has misinformed you.
Firstly Compulsary Thrid Party and Third Party property damage are 2 seperate types of insurance. You State Reg Cover, this is how I know your talking about CTP.
CTP covers bodily injuries to other road users. Not property damage.
That is to say if CTP is the only insurance you have and you damage someone elses car/property you have no cover. If though you hit a person and caused them injury it would cover that.

Now CTP in Queensland has gone down for a few reasons but not due to less claims.
The Fact is that what happens with CTP in Queensland is that Queensland Transport give each insurer a date they must file thier prices for the floowing quarter of a year. They give a ceiling and a floor price and each insurer MUST come in between them somewhere. No insurer knows what the other will file at and once files they are stuck at that figure for the new 3 months.

Lately that itself has become competitive which is something no insurer has bothered with until the last year.This may bring you to ask why?

The Queensland government has now legislated a maximum pay out for different types of injuries, prior to this legislation an insurer may be up for millions and millions depending upon what the courts decided was fair payment.
No longer does this happen as the judges now have maximum guidelines to use, hence making payouts less than they used to be.

I suggest Nicholas if this is the only insurance you now have to further investigate what you are covered for and get at least third party property damage insurance that will at very least pay for other peopls damage.
By the way for anyone that does have Suncorp CTP their driver protection is only if the driver is over 25 years old.
Old 17-11-2005, 12:30 AM   #86
Steve
torque is your friend

I've come in late on this thread and all I can say is "unbelievable". If I was the owner, I'd be whoring this guy's backside out on every corner I could find, to pay for the damage. I knda think that the owner may have also treated his car in a similar way. This might have been the inspiration for the white Tshirt tosser to treat the ute the way he did. Maybe.