Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Default XR5 sway bar

Does anyone know if a rear sway bar off a LV 2010 XR5 will bolt straight on a 2009 LV Zetec pls and what size the XR5 sway bar is.

Prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XR5 sway bar

sure will, easy job to do.

You just need the basic tools like allen keys & spanners. Plus WD40 & some lubricant for suspension bushes (to prevent squeeks).

I got a set of XR5 sway bars for my LS Zetec but havent put them on yet but they look tto be the same size, if not a couple of mm thicker. The Zetec has better suspension than the base model so I think they may even be the same size.

IMO unless you get them dirt cheap, get a thicker set from whiteline & make the most of the money you spend.

Here are some pics of the differences that I just took. The one on the car is the Zetec one. the one under is the XR5 one.

Heres one with a ruler, (its not spot on because i was hard climbing under & holding the ruler & camera, but you get the idea)

Heres a pic of the ruler on the XR5 bar
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Default Re: XR5 sway bar

Thanks for that, mine is 20mm and XR5 does look the same. The XR5 rear bar is on ebay for $50. Only thing is I want a 24mm.
Prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post