Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Red Diesel ???

I was watching a program on foxtel today and seen something in england about red diesel

Its used for agricultural purpose they say and is un taxed

But drivers have been caught running their diesel cars on the road with this "red diesel" and police have issued fines..

Is it biodiesel?

saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Red Diesel ???

No mate, it's normal diesel and dyed red so it's easy to detect. I know someone who used to buy it from a farmer for his van
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its fked over in europe, they got stuff that shoots down ya truck stack to stop deisel emissions they have 1 tank just for the stuff uses seaweed or something i was told its like a blue colour.. not sure about this red diesel though..
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Yeah i've heard of it too,
People get fined because it's not made for commercial use. Just normal diesel, for Ag (as said) but dyed. Police syphon a bit out to check what they are using and if it's red they get fined because they aren't supposed to be using it for commercial use

Cheers

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker
its fked over in europe, they got stuff that shoots down ya truck stack to stop deisel emissions they have 1 tank just for the stuff uses seaweed or something i was told its like a blue colour.. not sure about this red diesel though..
Your thinking of 'Ad-Blue', it's not Blue but clear.

It doesn't exactly 'shoot down ya truck stack' but is injected into the exhaust system. It's in line with Euro 4 emission's.
Old 18-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea thats the one, some of them go into the truck stack, one of my mates scanier has the pipe running up the stack and goes to where the tank is meant to be nothing conected to it though..

rumor has it all new servo's being built in aus are putting in a tank for when we need to start using it here..
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Colour is mostly to do with taxable and non-taxable fuel but there are also two grades
of diesel, regular and one with a higher Centane level that gives better bang for bucks
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Colour is mostly to do with taxable and non-taxable fuel but there are also two grades
of diesel, regular and one with a higher Centane level that gives better bang for bucks
make that three or four???
winter/summer and the centane variants.....

to the op.
coloured diesel is the same as regular diesel just taxed differantly hence the red colour indicating tax free, farmer/industry

although not hard to buy a blue alcohole type texter dye and change the colour of the fuel, some never learn.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have one of the fuel dealers delivers bulk diesel to me.Its supposed to be only for farm equipment. But the poor ole truck has to drive to the farm somehow then run its agricultural equipment alll day and its only got 1 fuel tank admittedly thats 900 litres.
The correction comes at BASS statement times when road and off road diesel are taxed at different rates...........are they???bugga guess thats been a slipup.
Old 18-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
GUTLES
Adam.

Ad Blue's been used in Australia for a few years now, mainly in trucks.

Some people call it Urea & have a look in your Truck Stop Servo's, you'll see 25 litre Drums of it.

My work sold a Massey Ferguson 8660 that use's it 2 years ago.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post