Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #61
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Omg !! Nissan Xtrail !!!!

I borrowed a current model X-Trail recently, diesel. I can't think of a more ordinary car. Like the Pathfinder, Navara, the switchgear and ergonomics are dismal, the buttons all look like they come from a different car/ machine, and feel Fisher Price tacky.
The steering wheel is ugly and the steering itself is lifeless, the interior ambience is dull and it had no character. The only thing I liked about it was the thickness between the cowl and the dashboard....enough said.
I genuinely couldn't wait to get out of it.
Having said that, I agree that Ford should price the Kuga more in the 20s, and compete with ix35 etc to obtain volume, maybe if we're getting ours from Thailand that will happen...
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #62
Seduce XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to say some of the comments in here really disturb me.
Is the a Ford forum or not?
I am the first person to say even though we are on a Ford forum we do not need to be one eyed & only like Fords but this thread has so many negative statements against Fords it make me ill
How anyone can compare an X-trail to a FG XR6 is beyond me as they are 2 totally different types of vehicles but even putting that aside the XR6 is miles ahead of the X-trail in all aspects apart from price though if you look at the vehicle you get for 5 or so k more the X-trail is not cheaper at all.
The X-trail is what a 10 year old design & a vehicle that rates at the bottom of the pile in its class (in most reviews I have read over the years).
To the OP even your children think your wrong
And to suggest an XR6 is a base falcon is just absurd.
All models of the Falcon can trace their origins to the base model & they all share the same changes as in different looking nose, tail, interior, suspension, wheels/ tyres & cluster design (plus a few more minor differences).
So it could be said your GT is a base falcon with all of those changes I mentioned that we find in other models (such as the XR6) plus a few more such as an awesome engine.
This can be said for all falcon derivatives (some moreso than others) but they all share the same base.
As for a subaru being a far better quality vehicle than a falcon I do not agree when you look at the vehicle as a whole but each to his or her own.
And if a base model falcon rattles after 80000 k then so would your sports versions as you put it.
The Falcon as it stands today is 1 awesome vehicle in design & quality & for the price is also good value (XR6 35k driveaway) as an example.
So stop bagging the falcon & talking rubbish some of you
X-Trail omg what a joke
Seduce XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #63
RASER
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Omg !! Nissan Xtrail !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 160
The xtrail doesnt even figure into most suv comparo's because its pants. If its an SUV your after you'd be better off spending the extra folding on something else.

Hell a Skoda Yeti at $33-35k is streets ahead of an Xtrail, not mention thats also VW Tiguan territory which was the benchmark compact SUV till the release of the Mazda CX5.
Lets hope the Japanese don't "benchmark" all the software, DSG, electronic, rattles and other issues with the vw groups products, vw makes ford and holden look good.
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #64
WASP
Whipple Induced

Frank, as a car enthusiast and a fellow forum colleague, I demand that you stop this line of thinking immediately or I am going to have to ask you hand in your man-card.

Only kidding mate.
You know what's best for your family. Your only problem is you picked the wrong place to discuss it.

P.S. Please dont take this as my support for the XTrail
Old 24-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #65
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Is this the family transporter for the kids?
ANCAP
X-Trail 4 stars
FG Falcon 5 stars

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post