Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #91
RASER
Banned

Smile Re: New Model Chrysler 300C Prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Which is exactly what they did with the Ram and Durango. The Wrangler is not totally new, but if it didn't have Dana solid axles front and rear, it just wouldn't be a Wrangler... but you really have to drive them or go inside them to appreciate how different they are from their predecessors. The Ram for example, with the Longhorn interior, Durango Citadel - it's very Euro-like in quality, but with the Hemi performance, they turned it into something that could hold its own against an X5, which I have also driven.
I am not anti-American, but they seem to hang on to old models for ever and ever, customers are so demanding these days, and the Asian brands have understood this better than the others, still, i like the simple basic American engineering, love your simple V8 sports cars, and your girls too :-)

PS A JEEP Wrangler without live axles is not a Rubicon rated JEEP and would be a fail!
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #92
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

Default Re: New Model Chrysler 300C Prices.

I have to say the 300C looks awful. That front end is just horrendous.

However, the Jeep looks brilliant

Did i read somewhere that the Jeep SRT8 is actually only 2WD as opposed to 4WD?
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #93
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who Needs Reindeer When You
Have an 800 HP Twin Turbo Sleigh?

Introducing the 2013 HPE800 Twin Turbo Jeep by Hennessey Performance

Hennessey Performance (HPE) is well known for taking fast cars, trucks and SUV's and making them faster. The company will be offering their HPE800 Twin Turbo Jeep for 2013. Based on the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, the crew from HPE takes the factory 6.4 L Hemi and increases displacement to 7.0 L (426 cubic inches) while adding a twin turbo forced induction system. The resulting 805 bhp and 823 lb-ft of torque will be enough to propel the HPE800 from 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds.

Additional modifications include an upgraded transmission system and torque converter upgrade, 15.1 inch Brembo brakes front and rear, a lowered sport suspension system, lighter alloy wheels, carbon fiber front splitter and a custom leather interior with Alcantara steering wheel.

"We've built dozens of 600-800 hp Jeep SRT8s over the past five years, so we have an existing client base who will want to upgrade the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 to an even higher level", said company founder and president, John Hennessey. "This vehicle is designed for the performance minded driver who lives in Aspen or Moscow and wants to be the fastest in all weather conditions."

HPE will limit production at just 24 examples with pricing starting at $235,000.

2013 HPE800 Twin Turbo Jeep - Specifications:

Power:
• 805 bhp @ 5,800 rpm
• 823 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

Performance:
• 0-60 mph: 3.1 seconds
• 1/4 mile: 10.9 @ 130 mph

Includes:
• 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
• HPE800 Twin Turbo Engine Upgrade
• Transmission Upgrade
• Torque Converter Upgrade
• HPE 20 inch Wheel Upgrade
• Custom Leather / Alcantara Interior Upgrade
• Brembo Brake System Upgrade
(6-piston calipers front and 4-piston calipers rear, 15.1 inch cross drilled rotors front and rear)
• Lowered Suspension System
• Carbon Fiber Front Lip Spoiler
• Serial Numbered Dash Plaque & Engine Compartment Plaque

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...e800-jeep.html

Last edited by csv8; 01-06-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Add Link
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #94
RASER
Banned

Thumbs down Re: New Model Chrysler 300C Prices.

Is he still stealing wheels and other parts off customers cars?

Last edited by RASER; 01-06-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Light Clutch
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #95
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

LOVE the Challenger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnez...eature=related
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #96
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
I am not anti-American, but they seem to hang on to old models for ever and ever, customers are so demanding these days, and the Asian brands have understood this better than the others
I think the Japanese have not been as innovative as the rest of the world, with the exception of hybrids. They do not build a GTDI engine like the EcoBoost, BMW, Merc; they do not have any exciting diesel engines either. I think Hyundai and Kia have surpassed the Japs. I think what you said about American cars was true a few years ago, but not any more. Though there are still some outdated products in the GM shed, that's all about to change. Ford and Chrysler are really on top of the game right now. GM is a couple of years behind.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #97
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

I'm glad to see Mopar doing so well. Boy they were bagged out in Australia in the 80's and 90's, then they became retro and cool again and now we're starting to see some awesome new stuff from them. I remember my Dad selling a genuine E38 Charger with a standard 245 Hemi for $500 back in 1980. It had the 135L twin filler and all the blackouts. They were worth nothing then. Now if you had one. Wooooo!!!!
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #98
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
I think the Japanese have not been as innovative as the rest of the world, with the exception of hybrids. They do not build a GTDI engine like the EcoBoost, BMW, Merc; they do not have any exciting diesel engines either. I think Hyundai and Kia have surpassed the Japs. I think what you said about American cars was true a few years ago, but not any more. Though there are still some outdated products in the GM shed, that's all about to change. Ford and Chrysler are really on top of the game right now. GM is a couple of years behind.
I said ASIAN as that means all of them Japan, Korea, Taiwan and future China

The Japanese have brilliant vehicles in Japan, with unique powertrain and features, just they keep them for themselves and dont export them, not sure why, its a pity
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #99
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
HPE will limit production at just 24 examples with pricing starting at $235,000.
2013 HPE800 Twin Turbo Jeep - Specifications:

Power:
• 805 bhp @ 5,800 rpm
• 823 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
That's 600 Kw's and 1100 nm's in an SUV
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #100
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
I have to say the 300C looks awful. That front end is just horrendous.

However, the Jeep looks brilliant

My thoughts exactly. Didnt mind the previous model looks though the pimp look was getting a bit long in the tooth IMO, but this is just fugly
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post