Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Brodes
Brodes

Default Looking for good transmission workshop in Adelaide.

Tranny = Transmission!!! I've only just moved to Adel a little while ago & starting to have a few issues with the EL XR8's trans, plus it needs a service (service I could do but I've become lazy :-P). So I'm just hunting for a decent Auto Trans shop in the East side if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Title change
Brodes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Looking for good transmission workshop in Adelaide.

everyone will have their favourites.. mine is this one.. no bs straight up dude that wont rip you off....

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business...tics/thebarton

<<-- looky left for some of his work...

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:48 AM.
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

In all seriousness, why bother with servicing the old BTR? Why not change it out for a manual? The total cost can't be that much more, and you gain so much.

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:46 AM.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
Brodes
Brodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
everyone will have their favourites.. mine is this one.. no bs straight up dude that wont rip you off....

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business...tics/thebarton

<<-- looky left for some of his work...
Cheers for that, they are a bit away but I'd be happy to travel a few more kms for the right service.

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
mash again
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why not try a decent second hand unit out of an AU, I believe Athol Park wreckers do a change out in a day with 3mths warranty, i havent used them so cant comment on the service. I have one sitting in an AU2 with 160k which im stripping for my race car but im not in Adelaide. The guys I know get there race transmissions done at MV automatics.

Nice title, gets peoples attention!

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
mash again is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Brodes
Brodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash again
why not try a decent second hand unit out of an AU, I believe Athol Park wreckers do a change out in a day with 3mths warranty, i havent used them so cant comment on the service. I have one sitting in an AU2 with 160k which im stripping for my race car but im not in Adelaide. The guys I know get there race transmissions done at MV automatics.

Nice title, gets peoples attention!

I'm not too sure if it needs a full replacement yet, if I can get if fixed for cheaper I will. I started another thread a while ago with the problem description before & got no replies here --> http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11365790
Being a windsor I'm pretty sure their BTRs had a few internal changes too (correct me if I'm wrong) so I wouldn't be too keen on placing a 6cyl tranny behind it. I'll just try to get a tradies opinion first and take it from there.

And yeh it did get the attention I was after

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

DRW transmissions, in lonsdale.

there was a thread about this not too long ago
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Carl from Salisbury Automatics....(I believe he's still round)....He's built a few tough trannies I'm aware of....One being fitted to a C10 Chebby that goes to the summernats burnout comps.

He's also looked after my trannies over the last 7 years ago (IMA, haven't seen him for 12 months due to driving manuals at the moment)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by Pinkbits; 10-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodes
I'm not too sure if it needs a full replacement yet, if I can get if fixed for cheaper I will. I started another thread a while ago with the problem description before & got no replies here --> http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11365790
Being a windsor I'm pretty sure their BTRs had a few internal changes too (correct me if I'm wrong) so I wouldn't be too keen on placing a 6cyl tranny behind it. I'll just try to get a tradies opinion first and take it from there.

And yeh it did get the attention I was after
Please put in a little more thought when choosing a thread title or i may not be so lenient next time.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol

but seriously go see DRW in lonsdale. one of the best workshops in sa
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
Brodes
Brodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker
lol

but seriously go see DRW in lonsdale. one of the best workshops in sa
I can't say I go down that way too often, seems a fair way out of the way for me (in Paradise). But I'll def keep in on the list if/when it becomes a major job & I'm hunting for quotes. I'll also be needing a strong tranny...Ooops..transmission some day soon for the Fairmont when it's ready so I may go see 'em then. Cheers.