Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default are the ford people guilty of excessive badges stickers and rice mods?

I like fords but I see an overwhelming amount of fords with excessive badges stickers or other rice mods.

how many do you see with fpv badges or ghia badges or xr or turbo etc etc. they are usually poorly placed as well. B series owners are guilty of excessive stickers as well.

But there are many other mods usually from Ebay that it seems Ford people can't resist. Grills, bobtail spoilers, altezzas are the usual culprits.how many nick nack items do you see with xr or fpv on them.

Do we think we are guilty or too many badges, stickers and other rice mods? Holden guys do it with Chevy badges but I think we are the worst offenders.

Last edited by RAPID_BA; 16-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 16-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Motorbreath310

Default Re: are the ford people guilty of excessive badges stickers and rice mods?

I thought Ford owners were some of the better ones? Most seem to de-badge from what I've seen it's only people who add a stripe package to B-series XR's that could fall into that category but they look nice.

Are southern cross and "aussie pride" stickers considered rice? That would make anyone driving a white VR-VS Commodore a ricer.
Old 16-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default Re: are the ford people guilty of excessive badges stickers and rice mods?

It's their car, so they're welcome. Beauty is in the eye of the owner.

Though putting on FPV badges is a step down from sticking turbo or S/C badges on N/As. Still, personal choice, their car, just don't expect your friends to speak to you ever again and karma will bite you on the *** in your next life.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 16-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
RAPID_BA
Banned

Even Ford from the factory are excessive. Falcon badge and then mk11 badge then xr6 then turbo. Not to mention there is a Ford badge above it. Then those owners add all sorts of other bits. It's too much!
Old 16-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It does not matter what brand of car it is, people will change it to suit them self.

What is the difference with putting aftermarket rims than adding a sticker. There is no difference, people will change the car to suit them own likes.
Old 16-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Personalised plates could be thrown in the same bucket....

Putting plates on named after a action figure, say 'SUPERMAN', does not make a car super, a man, or make it go faster.

You pay the bucks for the vehicle, you do what you wish with it. And it gives other owners something to talk about.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 16-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbreath310
Are southern cross and "aussie pride" stickers considered rice? That would make anyone driving a white VR-VS Commodore a ricer.
Aussie Pride stickers as associated with "white supremists".. its one of their monikers. Same with the German Iron Cross i see on many bogan cars.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 16-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotAU
I like fords but I see an overwhelming amount of fords with excessive badges stickers or other rice mods.

how many do you see with fpv badges or ghia badges or xr or turbo etc etc. they are usually poorly placed as well. B series owners are guilty of excessive stickers as well.

But there are many other mods usually from Ebay that it seems Ford people can't resist. Grills, bobtail spoilers, altezzas are the usual culprits.how many nick nack items do you see with xr or fpv on them.

Do we think we are guilty or too many badges, stickers and other rice mods? Holden guys do it with Chevy badges but I think we are the worst offenders.
People can do as they wish, its their car to make them happy not you.
Closed Thread