Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #91
RASER
Banned

Default Re: Smokey Mitsubishis

Thats a LONGGGG time ago, and only certain old clunker models

I see lots of old 500,000km Mitsubishi L300 Vans [yes the ones that have been produced since the 80's?] that burn no oil, no rust, and a long lasting work horse

Its like saying Fords rust, and they do my 98' XH11 had rust everywhere, something FoA was never able to solve, go boys, u have a few years more to prove me wrong

Cars that smoke now are those korean trash hyundai
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #92
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET270
Not really considering it was a factory made model..20 built by TMR (Team Mitsubishi Racing)
TMR 380's only came in Ralliart Red, like the Magna shown previously.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #93
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by basteve
I agree 100 % with the title of this thread. I have said to my wife the same question on Mitsubishi cars ie magna smoke like a chimney. Even said to my neighbor a while back that Mitsubishi smoke to much? I just never wanted to start a post on it because there will be those who swear by Mitsubishi. I don't see hardly any falcons, commodore etc puffing smoke like mitsus's do.
It's only the earlier Mitsubishis like the Astron motor that seem to have that problem, later models are no worse than any other car. The oil burning issue in the Magnas appear to be gone in the V6 models.

Even though those Astron motors appear most prone to burn oil, any other engine can get like that too. One of the worst cases I've seen was an XE Falcon which blew a lot of blue smoke, I got a chance to see it up close with its bonnet up and there was nothing but blow by smoke coming up the oil cap with the engine running meaning the rings were stuffed.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #94
purnong

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_landau
an interesting thing happened about 3 weeks ago at a local car show around here.they have a engine blow up comp and this year there were 3 contenders,an ea falcon,a hr ute with a red motor and a magna.the rules,no oil no water and brick on the peddal.the ea lasted about 3 mins the hr went bang at aound the 5 min mark but to everyones amazement the dirty old magna went for a bing blowing 11 mins!!!
i still cant belive it,now thats gonna take some beating.
I went to an engine blow up comp years ago and what won on the day was an old british engine out of a vanguard I think
The bloody thing just would not blow up and kept running out of petrol, The block was glowing red at times

Oh and on topic I have an old 84 L300 4WD van with a TM Magna 2.6 motor in it and it doesn't blow smoke or use oil but pity about the body
I love the old bus but the rust has made me take it off the road, Would love to find a decent body for it and put it back on the road some day
purnong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post